Porting to Exetel - Still Waiting

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
burk

Porting to Exetel - Still Waiting

Post by burk » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:49 am

I received my new SIM card the other day, and began the porting process, probably around 6:00pm on the 23rd of April.
I was previously with LiveConnect, who also use the Optus network I believe.

Shortly after pressing the 'Activate' button in the Services & Usage panel, I received an SMS from Optus stating that a port request had been made, and that I should reply immediately if I did not make the request, so obviously the process did start.

So it's been well over 24 hours now, I'm still connected to LiveConnect, and my Exetel SIM does not yet connect.
I called the support line yesterday, and got through after about half an hour. But after the guy went off to check the status for me, the line went dead (hold music stopped), but the call was still connected, so I gave up after another 15 minutes of silence.

Have I done something wrong? I did notice elsewhere that porting only happens before 5:00pm, so did me activating outside of the time range put this port process into a black hole? I intend to port another mobile to Exetel, so hopefully I can avoid any problems on the next one.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Porting to Exetel - Still Waiting

Post by KavindaS » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:12 pm

burk wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:49 am

Have I done something wrong? I did notice elsewhere that porting only happens before 5:00pm, so did me activating outside of the time range put this port process into a black hole? I intend to port another mobile to Exetel, so hopefully I can avoid any problems on the next one.
Can I have your relevant mobile number PM to me, if the service still not working, so I can check tomorrow with our provisioning department ?