Data Settings

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
kkfat

Data Settings

Post by kkfat » Wed May 29, 2019 10:57 am

Hi Exetel,

Though it seems quite clear but I just like to double confirm that, with your "Spend control function", I can set it to "stop data" when all quota used up and wait for the next billing cycle data to become available? At the same time, I can restrict all extra cost features, like premium SMS, international MMS....etc?

I am planning to move my parents to your service, and I like to make sure that they can be setup in a way there would be no surprise invoice received.

Thanks,
K

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Re: Data Settings

Post by nilushid » Wed May 29, 2019 7:42 pm

kkfat wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:57 am
Hi Exetel,

Though it seems quite clear but I just like to double confirm that, with your "Spend control function", I can set it to "stop data" when all quota used up and wait for the next billing cycle data to become available? At the same time, I can restrict all extra cost features, like premium SMS, international MMS....etc?

I am planning to move my parents to your service, and I like to make sure that they can be setup in a way there would be no surprise invoice received.

Thanks,
K
Hi K

We have escalated this to our billing team and they will get back to you on this.

sankap
Exetel Staff

Post by sankap » Thu May 30, 2019 10:06 am

kkfat wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:57 am
Hi Exetel,

Thanks,
K
Hi K

This is correct.
If you set the spend management limit to $0 it will stop the data service when it reaches the given allowance.
That means no extra charges.

Premium SMS can also be stopped.

International SMS and MMS however is going to be an issue as we cannot stop them being sent.
Only after one has been sent, we can stop the service to prevent any further being sent out.
This is a limitation we currently have.

After the service is blocked, an interim payment(fixed amount of $5, $10, $20 etc...) will have to be made to resume services.
Any additional paid as the interim fee will be credited back to the next monthly invoice.

kkfat

Post by kkfat » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:18 am

Thanks for the response sankap.

I have ported my mum to you first, dad will follow shortly.

--- Day 0
- Typed in porting details during the purchase. (ported from TPG's vodafone)
- Created the MyExetel account.
--- Day 3
- Received the SIM.
- Went into MyExetel click on activate.
- Received verification code.
- Enter the code.
- Activation in process.
--- Day 4
- Phone shown SOS
- put the Exetel Sim into phone

The number seems ported, as when trying to call the number, it goes to the optus voice mail service now. However, the phone stayed in SOS with exetel sim in (iPhone 6S), when calling the number, it goes to optus voice mail only. How long is usually the wait for the activation to complete? (I haven't received any email of activation completion as yet and in the MyExetel Service TAB it still says PENDING), around 20 hours passed by.

Thanks,
K

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:38 pm

kkfat wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:18 am

The number seems ported, as when trying to call the number, it goes to the optus voice mail service now. However, the phone stayed in SOS with exetel sim in (iPhone 6S), when calling the number, it goes to optus voice mail only. How long is usually the wait for the activation to complete? (I haven't received any email of activation completion as yet and in the MyExetel Service TAB it still says PENDING), around 20 hours passed by.

Thanks,
K
Hi K,

I have checked using your previously provided customer IDs. There are 3 pending mobile services traced using the details. Can you confirm the exact number you have referred here, out of 04......283, 04......349 and 04......894 ?

I will then check with the provisioning department and inform you. All the mentioned services are in pending status now. Since this is a porting service and still pending in status with Exetel, can you try with the previous provider's sim card, as I believe it should still work for you. I have created a ticket for this under the reference number 15229966.

kkfat

Post by kkfat » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:42 am

Thanks KavindaS,

The mobiles are all coming over nicely now.

Just one last question, regarding the premium SMS, when the limit is set to $0 as default, does it mean the premium SMS service is barred? Or does it mean it is active with unlimited $?

Because there was another email notification we receive as the SIM gets activated, which was regarding setting the premium SMS service and barring request would take up 2~3 days...etc. However, if the default setting is barred with $0 limit on it, the email should probably be addressing it as if you would like to activate it, enabling request would take whatever long...etc rather than how the email read.

So, just to double confirm and thanks for the help.

Regards,
K

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:39 pm

kkfat wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:42 am
Thanks KavindaS,

The mobiles are all coming over nicely now.

Just one last question, regarding the premium SMS, when the limit is set to $0 as default, does it mean the premium SMS service is barred? Or does it mean it is active with unlimited $?

Because there was another email notification we receive as the SIM gets activated, which was regarding setting the premium SMS service and barring request would take up 2~3 days...etc. However, if the default setting is barred with $0 limit on it, the email should probably be addressing it as if you would like to activate it, enabling request would take whatever long...etc rather than how the email read.

So, just to double confirm and thanks for the help.

Regards,
K
Hi K,

Premium SMS Status: Inactive
Spend Limit : $0

This means by default it is barred.