Porting number into Exetel

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
hope4life

Porting number into Exetel

Post by hope4life » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:58 pm

I got my new Exetel SIM by mail on June 20 (Tursday), and I pressed 'Activate' button in MyExetel web site after replacing the existing SIM(Optus) with new one(Exetel). But my account is still in pending status with the message below.

"Your mobile service is being activated.
If you are transferring your number from a retail provider that does not use the Optus network, we estimate that it will take between 15 minutes and up to 4 hours for your number to be transferred to Exetel.

If your current retail provider uses the Optus network, please be aware that it can take up to 3 business days to transfer your number to Exetel.

Mobile porting takes place between 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday. Once your new service is active we send you an email and text message to let you know."

It's been longer than 48 hours since I did it. So I can't use my mobile service at all.
I found it from your website that port processing of service could have failed. Please help me with this ASAP.

"If your port of service is taking longer than expected it may be because it has failed. The most likely cause of failure is that the porting details held with the losing carrier may be incorrect."

I can't receive a call / a text. Please get back to me at my email (hanjoon.so@exemail.com.au)
My Exetel Acc ID is 457296

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Re: Porting number into Exetel

Post by rasikak » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:19 pm

hope4life wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:58 pm
I got my new Exetel SIM by mail on June 20 (Tursday), and I pressed 'Activate' button in MyExetel web site after replacing the existing SIM(Optus) with new one(Exetel). But my account is still in pending status with the message below.

"Your mobile service is being activated.
If you are transferring your number from a retail provider that does not use the Optus network, we estimate that it will take between 15 minutes and up to 4 hours for your number to be transferred to Exetel.

If your current retail provider uses the Optus network, please be aware that it can take up to 3 business days to transfer your number to Exetel.

Mobile porting takes place between 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday. Once your new service is active we send you an email and text message to let you know."

It's been longer than 48 hours since I did it. So I can't use my mobile service at all.
I found it from your website that port processing of service could have failed. Please help me with this ASAP.

"If your port of service is taking longer than expected it may be because it has failed. The most likely cause of failure is that the porting details held with the losing carrier may be incorrect."

I can't receive a call / a text. Please get back to me at my email (hanjoon.so@exemail.com.au)
My Exetel Acc ID is 457296
Thank you for reaching out. Please note that we have escalated your service issue to the activation team and they will contact you via email and advise you accordingly. Please note that they don't work during the weekend and an update can be expected on next two business days. Please refer the ticket number #15401968 if you need any further assistance on this regards.

hope4life

Post by hope4life » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:00 pm

It's been 3 business days since I tried to activate a new Exetel sim on Jan 20th. But I can't still use my mobile phone.
Could you please let me know what's going on? I am so struggling with your service.

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Post by nilushid » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:49 pm

hope4life wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:00 pm
It's been 3 business days since I tried to activate a new Exetel sim on Jan 20th. But I can't still use my mobile phone.
Could you please let me know what's going on? I am so struggling with your service.
We have re- escalated this to our the activation team and they will get back to you asap on this. Therefore, kindly wait for an update.
We are sorry about the inconveniences caused.