Half-activated?

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
SenorClean

Half-activated?

Post by SenorClean » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:47 pm

I've just shifted my phone and my wife's from Virgin (postpaid) over to Exetel - activated today.

Calls are working but nothing else - no mobile data, sms, voicemail.

Account status is still showing 'pending' on both services. I called and have been put in the queue for a call back - but sounds like that will be a few hours.

It looks like some others have had similar issues in the past. Can somebody look in to this for me? hopefully this can get sorted out before the weekend.

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Re: Half-activated?

Post by nilushid » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:06 pm

SenorClean wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:47 pm
I've just shifted my phone and my wife's from Virgin (postpaid) over to Exetel - activated today.

Calls are working but nothing else - no mobile data, sms, voicemail.

Account status is still showing 'pending' on both services. I called and have been put in the queue for a call back - but sounds like that will be a few hours.

It looks like some others have had similar issues in the past. Can somebody look in to this for me? hopefully this can get sorted out before the weekend.
We have escalated your inquiry to our Activation / Provisioning team. They will get back to you on this asap.

SenorClean

Re: Half-activated?

Post by SenorClean » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:11 pm

Thanks - I got a call back just now from tech support - they said it should be up and running in the next half hour or so. Fingers crossed.