Mini Exetel Usage Meter now Available

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
TheToid

Mini Exetel Usage Meter now Available

Post by TheToid » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:28 pm

Hello everyone,

I have recently made a new usage meter for Exetel, this usage meter is aimed at the soho internet users who just want a simple little program to sit on their desktop and show them their usage for the current month.

You can get the program here:
http://home.exetel.com.au/amurgshere/mxtlusage.phtml

There is a whirlpool thread on this program here:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... m?t=499068

Please try it and let me know what you think of it..

Regards
Aaron Murgatroyd

Tafkam

Post by Tafkam » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:58 pm

Hi Aaron,
The new Mini Usage Meter is great :) It shows everything I need to know at a glance. I also like the little notch that shows at a glance whether I'm above or below quota for the month. And the "flyout" idea when the mouse hovers over the area is great!

I was just wondering how often it updates our usage info? I've only just installed it, so haven't seen it update yet.

Just as a matter of interest, in the "old" one (I had ver 1.0.8.0) what was the last number on the desktop bar? Mine last said -62.72% which didn't seem to be the equivalent of my usage. Would it have been the percentage remaining?

I used to use one that sat on the Firefox toolbar area which was handy, but it's not compatible with the latest Firefox upgrade.

Oh...I have another question. I just read the post on whirlpool. I can't seem to access any "options". Where do I find them? When I double click on the desktop icon, it just shows the Auto Hide thingy.

Anyway...keep up the good work! I like it!

Tafkam

Post by Tafkam » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:14 pm

Well guess what. I accidentally right clicked on it and found the optons. DER!
:oops:

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:07 pm

Hi Tafkam
I used to use one that sat on the Firefox toolbar area which was handy, but it's not compatible with the latest Firefox upgrade.
I'm using Firefox version 1.5.0.2 and Net Usage Item Version 0.8.4 which work fine together. You may need to go here
http://netusage.mozdev.org/
and update Net Usage Item if you are using an earlier version. In some cases you may need to uninstall your old version and re-install the new version.

Cheers

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Tafkam

Post by Tafkam » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:21 pm

Thanks Gidget :)

Les

Upgade for new Off-peak Limits

Post by Les » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:51 pm

Aaron,

Any plans to release an upgrade to reflect the change in the off-peak download limit from 27Gb to 30Gb which took effect today?

Les

PS: I would also just like to this opportunity to thankyou for offering us such a useful usage meter.

Les

Issue Resolved.

Post by Les » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:42 pm

Hi,

I found you can update the off-peak quota by re-running the Setup Wizzard.

To re-run the Setup Wizzard right click on the Usage Meter and select the relevant menu option.

Les
Last edited by Les on Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Infusion

Post by Infusion » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:46 pm

This is very optimistic, but has anyone managed to get Net Usage meter (http://netusage.mozdev.org/) to work under firefox 2?

I was really enjoying the daily usage reports; the display was very simple and elegant.

Infusion

Post by Infusion » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:49 am

The new version located here is compatible with FF2:

http://netusage.iau5.com/

Joy

Post by Joy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Hi,

I have just joined and subsequently just started using the mini meter. I like it - so simple.

Just one question: The Peak Remaining is 0 and always has been, yet I'm on a RX 2T plan (which the meter shows in the top left) and have only downloaded 265mb. Is there a setting I need to fix to show the correct starting amount?

Thanks.

Infusion

Post by Infusion » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:32 pm

Joy wrote:Hi,

I have just joined and subsequently just started using the mini meter. I like it - so simple.

Just one question: The Peak Remaining is 0 and always has been, yet I'm on a RX 2T plan (which the meter shows in the top left) and have only downloaded 265mb. Is there a setting I need to fix to show the correct starting amount?

Thanks.
You've gotta manually enter your download quotas (in MB) into the client for it to display the correct summaries.

sosu

RE usage meter

Post by sosu » Tue May 01, 2007 3:06 pm

Hi all!
i downloaded usagenet for firefox v2.0. i put it on but it can't connect because the username n password is incorrect. I have double checked n retype it again but still no luck.
another question is i have 4 computer at home. all of those comp connect to a switch n from switch to the adsl modem. can i track my internet usage using Usagenet from firefox on my computer only? is it going to work?
so far i haven't tried it coz i still got problem using the Usagenet on my computer.
Help please!!

sosu

Post by sosu » Tue May 01, 2007 3:09 pm

sorry i typed the wrong software name...it should be netusage not Usagenet...thanks

sosu

using mini exetel usage meter

Post by sosu » Tue May 01, 2007 3:17 pm

hi all!
i downloaded mini exetel usage meter...it looks ok...so, i m not worrying using the one for firefox...thanks anyway
happy surfing

n00dles

Post by n00dles » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:46 pm

I too just recently download the mini exetel usage meter however mines reading weird and different data than what I expected. I just churned over today and been connected for the entire day, my upload reading is only 0 for both peak and off peak, my download shows 0/4.65gb for peak and 64mb / 7.74gb for off peak. This is weird, I'm connected on the x12 plan and was expecting it to be xx / 24gb for peak and xx / 40gb for off peak. I've entered in my details manually and correctly. Can someone please tell me if this is normal or not. Thx

Also, when i ran the test, everything passed.