Billing - Unpaid Account Redirection - NOT WORKING

Old, inactive threads
BigDaddyCool

Billing - Unpaid Account Redirection - NOT WORKING

Post by BigDaddyCool » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:43 pm

Long story short........ My account obviously got disabled as there was "insufficent funds" in my account at the time you guys went to draw it out.

I've had this problem before. The connection stops and I reset the modem and pronto........ no matter what site I goto it goes to a payment page.

This month however, the connection died and after 5-6 resets of the modem........ it connected but nothing would go anywhere.

So therefore i'm lodging a fault with your backup system that allows users to pay their account and get back online.

I had to log onto someone else's internet to login to my user account area to find this out.

I tried calling, but Exetel doesn't really have a "call center".

Please get this fixed, if I miss a payment again I dont really wanna have to go round to try and find someone's net to jump on just to pay my bill.

Cheers
Jamie

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:57 pm

Jamie,

So is the billing system correct in stating that you had insufficient funds? Or is this a mistake?

I think the best way you can avoid this problem again is to ensure you have enough funds to cover your bill.

Its not that difficult is it?
Need to log a fault ticket? Go here: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/

andrewvs

Post by andrewvs » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:51 am

CLoSeR wrote:Jamie,

So is the billing system correct in stating that you had insufficient funds? Or is this a mistake?

I think the best way you can avoid this problem again is to ensure you have enough funds to cover your bill.

Its not that difficult is it?
That is irrelevant, he isn't disputing the fact that the payment failed, and I'm sure he doesn't need to be lectured about it.
What he was saying, is that Exetel's failed payment system is not working as it should.

I actually also had the same problem with a failed payment tonight, and I had no idea what the problem was until I was able to get a hold of a dialup connection to check my exetel account.
Instead of a page stating that the payment hadn't gone through and some way to pay my account, or even an invalid login/password message in my PPP logs, all I got was a 10.*.*.* IP address with no connectivity or error messages whatsoever.

dogwomble

Post by dogwomble » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:38 am

OK, I'm not sure that this is more a case of the "failed payment system has failed" - you were able to determine this.

From the logs of the Live Support channel (I saw that well after you'd left) the issue seems to be with the process of getting you connected again.

I'm not staff, so can't comment on the specifics, but I'm hoping you can clarify that this is what you actually mean - just to make sure we're all clear.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:18 pm

I've asked the syadmin responsible to contact you to determine what the problem was.

That function, unfortunately, is used by hundreds of people a month, and has been for almost three years, and has never had a problem anything like what you have reported.
Last edited by ForumAdmin on Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:31 pm

There should be no problem.

For failed payment, it gets the IP of 10.34.x.x. Once you made the payment, it will reinstate your connection to your previous one.