Upgrading firmware for navini wabbit

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
sh0nky

Upgrading firmware for navini wabbit

Post by sh0nky » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:16 pm

Hi apparently there is a new software version for the Navini modem. This update improves signal quality etc. The version i currently have is 4.4.2 . the latest version is 4.5.2. There have been updates inbetween.
My Question is how do we ''force'' the modem to get these updates?my modem is on nearly 24/7. I thought they were supposed to be downloaded by the modem automatically even with the comp off. Just a bit confused as to why its not updating as it should be .Any advice will be much appreciated. Following is a quote from WP,not that its any reliable evidence lol. NEW UPDATE:
Reception in the last day or two has got noticeably better with the refurbished postpaid modem referred to in previous posts. Booted up Navini Diags again today, to find software has been updated (OTA, by Unwired, evidently) to 4.5.2 - same version as the prepaid. So my experience is that upgrading modem software from 4.5.0 to 4.5.2 significantly increases reception for those with borderline connections

Would be great to just get the 4.5.0. Bit unusual for the modem to not update for over a Yr isnt it?

regards Scott

sh0nky

Post by sh0nky » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:04 pm

I will open a ticket for the above question.... clearly its a support issue be it Exetel or Unwired.

Regards Scott

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:07 pm

sh0nky wrote:I will open a ticket for the above question.... clearly its a support issue be it Exetel or Unwired.

Regards Scott
Unwired send the updates out at their discrection, they might not be using hte most recent version on their network.

sh0nky

Post by sh0nky » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:19 pm

Obviously according to above...Unwired have released at least 2 updates. And they are not updating as they should be. My firmware is at least 2 versions old,yet others have the latest updates,sent by Unwired according to above.
Can we get some confirmation from Unwired themselves as to how we get these updates?
If someone can point me to the file. I believe i can download the update manually through the Navini diagnostic software.

Regards Scott

DylanF
Exetel Staff

Post by DylanF » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:26 pm

sh0nky wrote:Obviously according to above...Unwired have released at least 2 updates. And they are not updating as they should be. My firmware is at least 2 versions old,yet others have the latest updates,sent by Unwired according to above.
Can we get some confirmation from Unwired themselves as to how we get these updates?
If someone can point me to the file. I believe i can download the update manually through the Navini diagnostic software.

Regards Scott
Unwired do not release these files, even to Exetel at our request.

As James stated, Unwired choose at their discretion when to update the modems on their network and this may have been done for other towers (or areas) first. It also could be a different operating version released for a certain type of modem only (ie. LCD vs LED).