Is there an "official" statement on the speed issu

Old, inactive threads
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:45 am

CoreyPlover wrote:
Were the February top 100 download quotas posted on these forums? Because even with the $3/Gb excess there has still been people with >100Gb of downloads, and I remember one case of 350Gb downloads. Do people like that pay their accounts without issue?
http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... 4&start=75

Mort

Post by Mort » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:29 pm

Another reason I *chose* Exetel... Excess usage charges. I know how much I need and won't be going over it, and the thought of people staying away from Exetel because they want to leech is fine by me.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

benthomas

Post by benthomas » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:43 pm

Mmmmmmm kick arse speeds during peak time:

Now if only Exetel could manage close to this during off-peak times they'd be the best ISP out there!!

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Exetel do every thing within its power to ensure it provisions its parts of the network so that there is no contention.
If you wish to make 'general' comments on sppeds you are experiencing only two views can be sensbly held:

1) Exetel is remiss in its management and/or provision of its parts of the network and therefore you should churn/transfer to an ISP you believe will provide better services.

2) There is something wrong with your personal set up and you could post here with complete details of your set up and seek advice on how to improve it.

3) You could seek, here or elsewhere, clarification on whether there is some aspect of your telephone line/dsam port/BRAS that has some problem and either log a fault or wait for the carrier (Optus/Telstra) to fix it.

The rules of this forum are that you are welcome to post seeking help for a specific problem you are experiencing and hope that one of the many kind and experienced people who access this forum can help you. Or, you can post here with specific suggestions aimed at helping an individual user or group of users.

All other posts that don't conform to these simple guidelines for a help forum will be removed.