can i keep my existing phone number?

Old, inactive threads
sevusal

can i keep my existing phone number?

Post by sevusal » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:40 pm

Currently, i am with aaNet (ADSL 512K) plan with Telstra home budget plan.
I want to switch to IncPhoneA** plan. My question is, will i be able to keep my existing Telstra number? Also, who will be my provider of my landline after i switch to Exetel?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: can i keep my existing phone number?

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:43 pm

sevusal wrote:will i be able to keep my existing Telstra number?
Yes. If for some reason your number is not "portable" from Telstra to Exetel, the application will simply be rejected and your current setup will not be affected.
sevusal wrote:Also, who will be my provider of my landline after i switch to Exetel?
Exetel. They act as a reseller of Optus land lines and ADSL2+ services, but the phone bills / line rental / ADSL2+ charges are all paid directly to Exetel and they will act as a liaison between you and Optus if the need arises.

sevusal

Re: can i keep my existing phone number?

Post by sevusal » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:08 am

CoreyPlover wrote:
sevusal wrote:will i be able to keep my existing Telstra number?
Yes. If for some reason your number is not "portable" from Telstra to Exetel, the application will simply be rejected and your current setup will not be affected.
sevusal wrote:Also, who will be my provider of my landline after i switch to Exetel?
Exetel. They act as a reseller of Optus land lines and ADSL2+ services, but the phone bills / line rental / ADSL2+ charges are all paid directly to Exetel and they will act as a liaison between you and Optus if the need arises.
Thanks!