Can't connect to old server FTP as I don't know password!

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
Post Reply
Aquard
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:15 pm

Can't connect to old server FTP as I don't know password!

Post by Aquard » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:50 pm

And password reset doesn't work!

How can I find out login details for the old server?

Clevo89
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Can't connect to old server FTP as I don't know password!

Post by Clevo89 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:57 am

If the old server is gone there will be nothing to log into. I can't log into my old server either after the 22nd of Sept

lingg
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:52 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Can't connect to old server FTP as I don't know password!

Post by lingg » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:08 am

Aquard wrote:And password reset doesn't work!
The password reset in Member Facilities is to reset the FTP login to new server.
Aquard wrote:How can I find out login details for the old server?
Please pm me your ADSL phone number.

lingg
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:52 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Can't connect to old server FTP as I don't know password!

Post by lingg » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:10 am

Clevo89 wrote:If the old server is gone there will be nothing to log into. I can't log into my old server either after the 22nd of Sept
You can still log into the old server,
Please check again the FTP host, it should be: old.home.exetel.com.au

For more information, please read: http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=221&t=28853

Aquard
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:15 pm

Re: Can't connect to old server FTP as I don't know password!

Post by Aquard » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:23 pm

Image

Many thanks to Ling!

manwe
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:04 pm
Location: Newcastle, NSW

Re: Can't connect to old server FTP as I don't know password!

Post by manwe » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:37 pm

So idiot that I am I didn't pay attention to any of those prior announcements about the move. Plus I've been away from my home PC.

Anyway trying to get access to my old data today, I realised that I've forgotten my old password. Is the old data even available anymore?

SysAdmin

Re: Can't connect to old server FTP as I don't know password!

Post by SysAdmin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

manwe wrote:So idiot that I am I didn't pay attention to any of those prior announcements about the move. Plus I've been away from my home PC.

Anyway trying to get access to my old data today, I realised that I've forgotten my old password. Is the old data even available anymore?
Yes it is. As for your old login details, please see the link in the big yellow box at the top of the config page. :)

Andrew

(before anyone asks, no it wasn't and yes it should've been :oops:)

Post Reply