Pioneer Discount Increase From 1st February 2009

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Re: Pioneer Discount Increase From 1st February 2009

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:33 am

The Pioneer discount scheme was introduced in April 2005 just after the attempt by Lorraine Rose/aaNet (as it then was) to send Exetel out of business.

It was done as a very genuine gesture of thanks to the people who had signed up before June 30th 2004 for putting up with that fiasco.

It has been in place ever since and has 'followed' those customers through premises and plan changes and service changes as long as they advised us when they were making those changes.

The recent increase takes in to consideration the increased 'profit' that Exetel makes from providing a broad band service today (as opposed to almost five years ago).

The Pioneer discount, in most cases, means that Exetel provides the service at a loss in monetary terms.

soaper

Post by soaper » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:55 am

my first invoice is dated........ 2004-07-20

:-(

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:07 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:The Pioneer discount scheme was introduced in April 2005 just after the attempt by Lorraine Rose/aaNet (as it then was) to send Exetel out of business
Oh yes - I'd almost forgotton that little episode - I had a couple of days of no service after aaNet kindly told Telstra Wholesale to disconnect us - without any notice. So tough luck for us as Exetel customers who were relying on our internet connections - needless to say it was aaNet that were the ones who looked like idiots out of that exercise and they have been on my banned list since then.

For the record that is by far the longest period of downtime I've experienced in my over 4 years with Exetel

Thanks again for the Pioneer bonus - it is very much appreciated

Chris T

Post by Chris T » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:29 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
It was done as a very genuine gesture of thanks to the people who had signed up before June 30th 2004 for putting up with that fiasco.

The Pioneer discount, in most cases, means that Exetel provides the service at a loss in monetary terms.
Not that I am whinging, particularly when you are providing the service at a loss with the discount. I joined and connected in mid-June 2004 but I was told that I am not qualify for the Pioneer discount. So I am just trying to get a clarification of the cutoff day.

Chris.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:25 pm

Chris T wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:

Not that I am whinging, particularly when you are providing the service at a loss with the discount. I joined and connected in mid-June 2004 but I was told that I am not qualify for the Pioneer discount. So I am just trying to get a clarification of the cutoff day.

Chris.
The date was 30/6/04.

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:20 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
The date was 30/6/04.
Ummm The Pioneer discount scheme was introduced in April 2005, Oh wait, I see, for the ones that joined by 30/6/04 yea?

JamesR

Post by JamesR » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:27 am

Old Flame wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
The date was 30/6/04.
Ummm The Pioneer discount scheme was introduced in April 2005, Oh wait, I see, for the ones that joined by 30/6/04 yea?
Yes.
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

thecraw

Post by thecraw » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:27 am

Gidget wrote:
Klaas wrote: I don't qualify either, and I joined at the end of January 2004 (the first month Exetel accepted applications).

Gidget
I was a mid Jan 04 joiner with a service a few weeks later. Due to a 12mth sojourn O/S for work in 06, I too do not get any discount.

Still saving 20 bucks a month on comparative plans...just not 30 :)

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:40 pm

Exetel is becoming unmatchable with their business model. And the way they keep enhancing in their customer's favour, I can only see them soldier on more and more IMHO. Their model is a doer not a sayer. I hope they live long and prosper :D

Godde

Post by Godde » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:22 pm

arrr.. the good old days,
pity I was moving around and had to cancel my excellent plan with the pioneer discount.
Now I am back again and the network is even better imo, great work Exetel!

huh?

Post by huh? » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:02 pm

Thanks Exetel,

It was great to receive this added bonus and I decided it could go to some of the Flora and Fauna projects that Exetel supports.
Been meaning to do this for ages and have finally pulled my finger out and elected to support two projects:
Western Ground Parrot and
Black Cockatoo Rescue

Thanks again,
Martin
Where am I?

Infusion

Post by Infusion » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:06 pm

Thanks again Exetel. Appreciate the transparency and commitment.

Gidget, I don't log on here as much but custom title would be sweet.. :mrgreen:

bandario

Post by bandario » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:27 pm

I don't come within cooee of receiving this discount but it seemed an appropriate place to say good work to Exetel on their standards of professionalism, ethics and forward thinking as a business; this is how it is done.

Far too many companies, especially in the telecommunication industry think that they should be able to treat their customers like shit and still turn a profit. I have yet to see a broadband provider to rival Exetel for value as far as their product goes - but there is another sense of satisfaction to be derived from knowing you are dealing with a company that has got some sense of decency. Well done!

I was burned by the Bigpond 'Freedom' changes after becoming a subscriber in the testing phases of bigpond cable which eventually resulted in receiving less than 1/8th of my previous value for the same $$. Combine that with several other dirty tactics and you find yourself a reason why I guided at least 85% of my clientelle away from telstra services.

Transparency and forward thinking will keep Exetel flying forward.

wingchun

Post by wingchun » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:57 pm

I first churned to exetel in 2004, my application submitted on the 18th of April, completed on the 23rd. I'm not currently getting any pioneer discounts. I checked a handful of invoices over the years but could not find any mention. I do vaguely recall seeing it on invoices in the past, but it must have been on invoices further back than those I can find in the member facilities.

I moved house in February 2005, but immediately reconnected to exetel. (via the "Move ADSL To New Address" link in the member facilities)

Does moving mean I no longer qualify?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:21 am

wingchun wrote:I first churned to exetel in 2004, my application submitted on the 18th of April, completed on the 23rd. I'm not currently getting any pioneer discounts. I checked a handful of invoices over the years but could not find any mention. I do vaguely recall seeing it on invoices in the past, but it must have been on invoices further back than those I can find in the member facilities.

I moved house in February 2005, but immediately reconnected to exetel. (via the "Move ADSL To New Address" link in the member facilities)

Does moving mean I no longer qualify?
No.

Please send an email to:

j.linton@exetel.com.au

with your FNN and we will add you to the Pioneer Discount list.