[Help]Naked ADSL 2 with Optus land line?

Old, inactive threads
Post Reply
sharaz
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Location: Western Australia

[Help]Naked ADSL 2 with Optus land line?

Post by sharaz » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:52 pm

Hi forumers/supports,

I want to ask my friend to change their ISP to Exetel.The issue is he is in Optus phone line for 12 months contract.

I have a question ..lets say he want to connect to Naked ADSL with Exetel..what happen to Optus landline? Is there any chance Optus charge cancellation fee? or Exetel will take over the line and he dont have to pay any cancellation fee (for breaking the contract).

Please advise...

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: [Help]Naked ADSL 2 with Optus land line?

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:51 am

sharaz wrote:Hi forumers/supports,

I want to ask my friend to change their ISP to Exetel.The issue is he is in Optus phone line for 12 months contract.

I have a question ..lets say he want to connect to Naked ADSL with Exetel..what happen to Optus landline? Is there any chance Optus charge cancellation fee? or Exetel will take over the line and he dont have to pay any cancellation fee (for breaking the contract).

Please advise...
Even existing Exetel customers are subject to a (half) early termination fee when they move from a Bundled to Naked plan. The voice component, with it's 12 month contract, is subject to early termination fees just like the ADSL component is.

sharaz
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Location: Western Australia

Re: [Help]Naked ADSL 2 with Optus land line?

Post by sharaz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:56 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
sharaz wrote:Hi forumers/supports,

I want to ask my friend to change their ISP to Exetel.The issue is he is in Optus phone line for 12 months contract.

I have a question ..lets say he want to connect to Naked ADSL with Exetel..what happen to Optus landline? Is there any chance Optus charge cancellation fee? or Exetel will take over the line and he dont have to pay any cancellation fee (for breaking the contract).

Please advise...
Even existing Exetel customers are subject to a (half) early termination fee when they move from a Bundled to Naked plan. The voice component, with it's 12 month contract, is subject to early termination fees just like the ADSL component is.
to sum up is Optus still charge $200 cancellation fee.Am I right?

Is the any other option for him to get Exetel service?

Cheers mate.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: [Help]Naked ADSL 2 with Optus land line?

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:39 pm

sharaz wrote:to sum up is Optus still charge $200 cancellation fee.Am I right?
That sounds too high, but he'll have to check his contract to confirm the amount.
sharaz wrote:Is the any other option for him to get Exetel service?
HSPA services perhaps, but this would only be feasible for low, 1-2Gb per month usage.
I think you will find that the cancellation fee is quite reasonable, in which case all Exetel ADSL2 services will become available (subject to the actual exchange availability).

I suggest you email residentialsales@exetel.com.au to get some advice about available options.

sharaz
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Location: Western Australia

Re: [Help]Naked ADSL 2 with Optus land line?

Post by sharaz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:51 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
sharaz wrote:to sum up is Optus still charge $200 cancellation fee.Am I right?
That sounds too high, but he'll have to check his contract to confirm the amount.
sharaz wrote:Is the any other option for him to get Exetel service?
HSPA services perhaps, but this would only be feasible for low, 1-2Gb per month usage.
I think you will find that the cancellation fee is quite reasonable, in which case all Exetel ADSL2 services will become available (subject to the actual exchange availability).

I suggest you email residentialsales@exetel.com.au to get some advice about available options.
Hi CP,

thanks for your advise.

Yes it is $200 for early cancellation fee from Optus.

Do you know how to check ADSL2 availability with Optus landline or just send email given?



cheers,

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: [Help]Naked ADSL 2 with Optus land line?

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:21 am

sharaz wrote:Do you know how to check ADSL2 availability with Optus landline or just send email given?
You can use http://sq.exetel.com.au/cgi-bin/adsl2_with_phone.pl to check your availability for Exetel's bundled ADSL2 + phone service

sharaz
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Location: Western Australia

Re: [Help]Naked ADSL 2 with Optus land line?

Post by sharaz » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:52 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
sharaz wrote:Do you know how to check ADSL2 availability with Optus landline or just send email given?
You can use http://sq.exetel.com.au/cgi-bin/adsl2_with_phone.pl to check your availability for Exetel's bundled ADSL2 + phone service
this is the result;

ADSL2 Number: 0892717315
Exchange Code: MAYM
Exchange Availability: YES
Exchange Capacity Reached: NO
Telephone Service Availability: Telephone Service Available
ADSL2 Service Availability: ADSL2 Service Available
Theoretically Estimated Low Speed: 13400
Theoretically Estimated High Speed: 15121

it means that I can subscribe with Exetel?

How about with Optus landline..do Exetel will take care of it or still he has to pay for fee(break contract) because he is in 12 phone line mnths contracts.

Is there any way that Exetel will negotiate with Optus to avoid the fees?

My friend really want to change to Exetel.

JasonM

Re: [Help]Naked ADSL 2 with Optus land line?

Post by JasonM » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:24 pm

Yes, it is available based on the test you pasted.

No, Exetel shouldn't intervene in contractual matters with providers you have a direct relationship with.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: [Help]Naked ADSL 2 with Optus land line?

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:46 pm

sharaz wrote:How about with Optus landline..do Exetel will take care of it or still he has to pay for fee(break contract) because he is in 12 phone line mnths contracts.

My friend really want to change to Exetel.
If your friend really wants to change to Exetel he can still apply, but will be liable for any cancellation fees payable to Optus for breaking contract.

sharaz
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Location: Western Australia

Re: [Help]Naked ADSL 2 with Optus land line?

Post by sharaz » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:44 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
sharaz wrote:How about with Optus landline..do Exetel will take care of it or still he has to pay for fee(break contract) because he is in 12 phone line mnths contracts.

My friend really want to change to Exetel.
If your friend really wants to change to Exetel he can still apply, but will be liable for any cancellation fees payable to Optus for breaking contract.
ok mates.

thanks for the that.

i would like to update here that my friend dont want to proceed with Exetel because he has to pay $200 for the early cancellation and that was annoying to him.Optus is bad nowadays..

thanks to all for the information...

JasonM

Re: [Help]Naked ADSL 2 with Optus land line?

Post by JasonM » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:56 pm

I think Naked ADSL2+ with Optus phone doesn't affect the phone - the phone stays connected with Optus - at least, I recall something similar occurring.

Post Reply