New ADSL Plans For July 1st 2009

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Pickwick

Re: New ADSL Plans For July 1st 2009

Post by Pickwick » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:19 pm

Lithic wrote:Hi - when will these no frills plans be available to existing users? I can see where to apply from the main extel page as a new user but when I try to change my current plan there are none of the no frills plans listed in the member area...

cheers. (Posted Thu July 02,2009 9:32 pm)
The above question re the availability of the NF plans to existing users made by another forum poster does not appear to have been responded to in the forum. I remain interested in what the situation is as I wish to upgrade from my present TELF 528 plan ($45) to an NF 1500 plan ($42.50). I consider myself a very light user and make no use of the frills on offer and in the four years I have been with Exetel my monthly usage has hardly averaged even 1GB (i.e over the 4 years). But I do need more speed when browsing. 8M would be even better but uncertain whether it would be as stable as plain ADSL1. [ADSL2 is not an option as for personal reasons I need to retain my present phone provider and Powertel DSLAMS are not installed at my exchange CBBH].

Back to the above question, I did email “residential sales” and received the normal generic answer that “our management has not decided on this matter yet”. So before John L takes off on his much needed leave, would someone in the know at Exetel please give me a definitive answer. Perhaps this is just a honeymoon offer. Or, the take up by new users needs to be studied first, etc. These would be satisfying answers (to me anyway). Thanks for listening!

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Pickwick wrote:
Lithic wrote:Hi - when will these no frills plans be available to existing users? I can see where to apply from the main extel page as a new user but when I try to change my current plan there are none of the no frills plans listed in the member area...

cheers. (Posted Thu July 02,2009 9:32 pm)
The above question re the availability of the NF plans to existing users made by another forum poster does not appear to have been responded to in the forum. I remain interested in what the situation is as I wish to upgrade from my present TELF 528 plan ($45) to an NF 1500 plan ($42.50). I consider myself a very light user and make no use of the frills on offer and in the four years I have been with Exetel my monthly usage has hardly averaged even 1GB (i.e over the 4 years). But I do need more speed when browsing. 8M would be even better but uncertain whether it would be as stable as plain ADSL1. [ADSL2 is not an option as for personal reasons I need to retain my present phone provider and Powertel DSLAMS are not installed at my exchange CBBH].

Back to the above question, I did email “residential sales” and received the normal generic answer that “our management has not decided on this matter yet”. So before John L takes off on his much needed leave, would someone in the know at Exetel please give me a definitive answer. Perhaps this is just a honeymoon offer. Or, the take up by new users needs to be studied first, etc. These would be satisfying answers (to me anyway). Thanks for listening!
I thought the NF plans had been made avaialble to current users this month.

I will check.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:48 am

I signed up a friend to the NF/1500 last week and he is online using it now.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:53 am

I think that the question being asked is when will the no frills plans be available to chose from the Members Facilities page - ie so existing customers can convert from a traditional plan to a no frills plan.

HeathNet

Post by HeathNet » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:31 am

My question (similar to some others above) is "when" or "will we" be able to change between plans?

I only joined 4 weeks ago on the:
- No frills ADSL2+ plan NF/DSL2 (byo line) $35/month, 6Gbpeak/12Gboffpeak with $1.25/Gb over, 12 month contract
but I recently discovered the existance of the value added plans (i dont know why i didn't see them when i joined, maybe they were not available when i tested my line)
and they have an ADSL2+ plan called:
- PTLA $35/month, 6Gbpeak/60Gboffpeak with $3/Gb over, 12 month contract.

This seems like a great plan for me and I would like to transfer over but i can not seem to find any info or facilities on the members page.
When i rang the sales dept to inquire they told me a facility will hopefully be up and running by the end of this month, but no one could tell me if you can transfer between a no frills plan and the value added plans, and whether being on contract effects anything??

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:35 pm

HeathNet wrote:but no one could tell me if you can transfer between a no frills plan and the value added plans, and whether being on contract effects anything??
Contractual questions are best dealt with via billing@exetel.com.au. Currently, value added -> no frills transfers for current users have not been added to the member facilities so it wouldn't surprise me if no frill-> added value haven't either.

Speaking purely as a customer, I would think that transfers between these plans, so long as they stay on the same infrastructure, would be purely a billing change and therefore should be possible. But given the different pricing bases for these plans (i.e. different quotas, different excess charges, etc) I would not know what would happen with contractual consideration; if the early termination fee would apply, or if perhaps a reduced termination fee / speed change fee would apply.

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:02 pm

Its great to see exetel passing on their savings in the way of better pricing and increased downloads. I just received an email re adsl2+ download increases but this was for incl phone plans only. Is there going to be similar increases for those on anyphone plans?

thanks.

sparkles

Post by sparkles » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:40 pm

Just a question,
i was lucky enough to keep the 2am to 2pm change- if i change my plan by upgrading to a more expensive one- will i keep the same 2am to 2pm?
Hope that you don't mind me asking.

leithant

Post by leithant » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:51 pm

Are you going to put up a thread for the new ADSL2 plans?

David R

Post by David R » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:06 am

sparkles wrote:Just a question,
i was lucky enough to keep the 2am to 2pm change- if i change my plan by upgrading to a more expensive one- will i keep the same 2am to 2pm?
I though that logical to presume when I financed/added '+15 gb' to the network's peak time window i.e. upgraded my service. having 12 hours to use '45 gigabytes' on ASDL1/1.5M is sufficient for my needs and, more significantly aligns better with accessing an even larger sized off peak bonus.

Hopefully it is deemed an add-on, not the plan itself i.e. in spirit with a 'good network citizen' reward. But I'm cool either way.
Last edited by David R on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Vista Ultimate* Billion,7402GL &TP-Link,D-W8920G <Atten(dB)42 @1.9 km>; HTC Kaiser II, WM6; Pre-paid RP2000 (Optus)
200GB@3.1Mbps,$60pm Zone 1+ 2X H-Line Budget; WP Saver VoIP._ 220.233.165.22x; $3,450 revenue: 5 years club.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:13 am

I'd like an answer to this too please.
leithant wrote:Are you going to put up a thread for the new ADSL2 plans?
and this :mrgreen:

raymond
Exetel Staff

Post by raymond » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:41 am

thomashouseman wrote:
I'd like an answer to this too please.
If you change plan, your current offpeak period(2am-2pm) will stay.
thomashouseman wrote:
We updated the current ADSL2 bundle plans yesterday.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:35 pm

raymond wrote:
thomashouseman wrote:
We updated the current ADSL2 bundle plans yesterday.
Forum thread for this is now at http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33178