Snow Leopard upgrade connection issues

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
Bugz

Snow Leopard upgrade connection issues

Post by Bugz » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:42 pm

I've just updated to Snow Leopard on my Macbook Pro and since the upgrade I can't connect to the internet. It keeps coming up with an error - the wireless broadband icon won't even open. Advice from Extetel was to un-install the wireless broadband (which I did) and now I have problems re-installing it!

I have chatted to the guys at Apple and they suspect it may be a software issue with Exetel. Does any know if a patch is available for Snow Leopard or how I can correct this issue?

Thanks,
Bugz

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Snow Leopard upgrade connection issues

Post by Dazzled » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:27 pm

That advice was a bit of a cop out as the internet is quite OS neutral. Someone else recently reported a problem with new software and the Airport Extreme. Apple goes out of it's way to lock and hide a sound operating system from the user, allegedly for your benefit, but it makes it very hard when things go wrong. There are 3g wireless trouble reports circulating after the update

Edit: See this Whirlpool discussion http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 73618.html