Major Changes To 'No Frills' Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Major Changes To 'No Frills' Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:14 pm

Exetel has published significant changes to its ‘no frills’ ADSL2 plans including larger peak time allowance, a change to the off peak time period and an excess usage charge of only 50 cents per gigabyte.

The $1.50 cents per gb excess usage charge also applies to the current ADSL1 NF plans.

These changes can be found here:

http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_nf.php

majones

Re: Major Changes To 'No Frills' Plans

Post by majones » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi,

Will I eventually be 'forced' onto one of these new plans?
At the moment I have a much better deal than any equivalent plan on this list.
If I get forced over to this new plan, it will cost me $5 more per month, and I will get 5GB less peak dl's per month and 48GB less off-peak dl's per month.
This is not looking like a very good deal to me.
Are Exetel trying to cut costs with these new plans, because they don't seem like customer focused changes to me? :roll:

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:52 pm

They used to once you were out of the contract period and if the plans changed "force" you into choosing a new plan, but in the past year or so they've refrained from doing this and many users are now on "grandfathered" plans. Very nice of them methinks.

T.

kiwigene

Post by kiwigene » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:03 pm

I think there's a mistake - shouldn't the phone cost be $15 pm not $30 pm ???

PaulT

Post by PaulT » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi.

If I'm out of contract, is it possible to change to one of these "No Frills" plans from an equivalent "added value" plan?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:23 pm

PaulT wrote:Hi.

If I'm out of contract, is it possible to change to one of these "No Frills" plans from an equivalent "added value" plan?
Yes

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:26 pm

majones wrote:Hi,

1) Will I eventually be 'forced' onto one of these new plans?
At the moment I have a much better deal than any equivalent plan on this list.
If I get forced over to this new plan, it will cost me $5 more per month, and I will get 5GB less peak dl's per month and 48GB less off-peak dl's per month.
This is not looking like a very good deal to me.
2) Are Exetel trying to cut costs with these new plans, because they don't seem like customer focused changes to me? :roll:
1) No.

2) All of these plans are better, by far, than the few previous no frills plans they replace.

majones

Post by majones » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:41 pm

2) All of these plans are better, by far, than the few previous no frills plans they replace.
According to my members facilities, if I change my ADSL2 as per the below, INC2DSLA is cheaper, and provides more dl's per month.

ADSL2+ Plan Price - Telephone Service Moves To Optus (Same Number)

INC2DSLA $0.00 $55.00 8 gbytes 60 gbytes $3.00
INC2DSLB $0.00 $65.00 15 gbytes 60 gbytes $3.00

The new plans according to the link in the first post are below. The only aspect that is better than its previous equivalent is the excess dl charges...
Please correct me if I am wrong.

NF/21IncTel $60.00 $30.00 $30.00 3 gbytes 12 gbytes $0.50
NF/22IncTel $60.00 $30.00 $40.00 15 gbytes 24 gbytes $0.50

DavidS

Post by DavidS » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:42 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
PaulT wrote:Hi.

Yes
Can I ask how? I went to the "Change my service" link and it only showed me the other PTL plans. I'd like to switch to the "no frills" equivalent.

tycannah

Post by tycannah » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:49 pm

1. Same question as above , how does an existing customer of ADSL 1 join the NF/23BYO.?
Also need following clarification.

2. These NF no frill plan for ADSL 2. Is that a slower version of the ADSL2+ that is on the PTLD Plan?
Would we see any difference in real speed.?

3. What makes the NF plan a No frills compared to the PTLD. I dont see any information on what is included or excluded. A Comparison table by Exetel would be really handy in order to assist me.

4. Does the PTLD still include some free VOIP ? I presume that the NF does not.

5. Why is the PTLD cost $15 more per month than the NF/23BYO whilst offerring less download volume and greater costs for excess. Does not make sense to me. The minor change in Peak Versus OFF Peak timing is the only change.

NF/23BYO Line $60.00 $50.00 40 gbytes 60 gbytes $0.50
PTLD $100.00 $0.00 $65.00 36 gbytes 60 gbytes $3.00

6 Does an existing exetel ADSL 1 customer (Off Contract ) still have to pay a Line activation charge and be contracted for 12 months with the NF plan??

7. What if I am an Exetel ADSL 2+ user on a PTLD plan off contract. Will I then need to be contracted and pay activation charges to go onto the NF plan?

nutsandbolts

Post by nutsandbolts » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:35 pm

how does one go from NakedDSL to nofrills NakedDSL plan ?

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:52 pm

nutsandbolts wrote:how does one go from NakedDSL to nofrills NakedDSL plan ?
Maybe we need to wait till the 1st October when the plans become effective before they show up as an option to change to. But not sure if that's the case or not. I'm wondering if it would renew your contract or not if switching from an existing Naked plan to a no frills naked plan.. $50/15GB Peak sounds great to me for 1 !

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:06 am

tycannah wrote:1. Same question as above , how does an existing customer of ADSL 1 join the NF/23BYO.?
Member facilities should give you the ability to change plans (under ADSL > Change my Service?). If the NF/23 BYO plan doesn't appear here you can try emailing residentialsales@exetel.com.au or provisioning@exetel.com.au.
tycannah wrote:2. These NF no frill plan for ADSL 2. Is that a slower version of the ADSL2+ that is on the PTLD Plan?
Would we see any difference in real speed.?
The NF (BYO) and the PTL plans are provided on the same (Powertel) infrastructure. The NF (No Tel), NF (Inc Tel), NAK and INC2DSL plans are provided on the same (Optus) infrastructure so there are no differences except pricing for the equivalent services.
tycannah wrote:3. What makes the NF plan a No frills compared to the PTLD. I dont see any information on what is included or excluded. A Comparison table by Exetel would be really handy in order to assist me.

4. Does the PTLD still include some free VOIP ? I presume that the NF does not.
NF = no frills due to lower download limit (generally the NF off-peak is less than 60GB), no included VOIP, no included free VOIP calls and no free SMS (i.e. compare the dot points at the tops of http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_nf.php and http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2.php respectively).
tycannah wrote:5. Why is the PTLD cost $15 more per month than the NF/23BYO whilst offerring less download volume and greater costs for excess. Does not make sense to me. The minor change in Peak Versus OFF Peak timing is the only change.
It does see a little mispriced doesn't it? Perhaps PTL pricing changes are on the way.
tycannah wrote:6 Does an existing exetel ADSL 1 customer (Off Contract ) still have to pay a Line activation charge and be contracted for 12 months with the NF plan??
Existing ADSL1 customer, I definitely think so as the NF plans are on Powertel / Optus infrastructure compared to Telstra ADSL1 infrastructure. Therefore line activation and a new contract would apply
tycannah wrote:7. What if I am an Exetel ADSL 2+ user on a PTLD plan off contract. Will I then need to be contracted and pay activation charges to go onto the NF plan?
This is more subtle, and I'm not sure of the exact answer. I would suggest you email billing@exetel.com.au as they handle contract questions.

wizard

Post by wizard » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:43 am

nutsandbolts wrote:how does one go from NakedDSL to nofrills NakedDSL plan ?
Will the new NF naked plans be available existing naked users (via change my service) and if so will I be able to change from a existing naked plan while still under contract with no penalty.

As I only make 20-30 voip calls per month these represent as much better value to me.

By the way well done on the excellent value of the new NF plans

Thanks

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 am

The new plans don't come in to effect until 1/10/09 (as stated on the web site).

The current user facilities will have the ability to change from current plans to these new plans early next week.