moving house

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
sevusal

moving house

Post by sevusal » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:42 am

hi,

i am relocating to another place on 24th Jan and my Naked ADSL2+ contract finishes on 28th Jan.
My questions is someone is moving into my existing property on 25th Jan. will this affect the new tenent or my existing cotnract?
what if i simply move my service to new adddress on 24th Jan. Will i be charged early terminatin fee of $100? As per the user facitly, it says that there will be $100 early termination charge. if i get charged $100 early termination fee, will i be entering a new contract if i move teh service to new facility?

I understand the $90 relocation fee which is fine.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: moving house

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:26 pm

A relocation is a bundled cancellation + reapplication at the new premises, so represents a new contract.

And yes, if you relocate prior to the contract term, even by a few days, you are liable for the early termination fee. Though I'm not sure if it is the full $100, or less because of circumstances like yours (i.e. only a ADSL service, no phone contract, etc).

Ideally, you want to dissuade the new tenant from applying for their own phone line until after the 28th and then relocate effective on the 29th because if they apply for a phone line before the 28th themselves, this will likely drop the ADSL codes on your line and count as a cancellation. Alternatively you can contact billing@exetel.com.au to confirm whether the full $100 termination fee will apply in your case.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

sevusal

Post by sevusal » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:26 am

Thanks Corey! got a quick reply from Billing and they said that they ahve removed the early termination fees. excellent! :D
btw: wat would be the best and easiet way to apply for Naked ADSL plan to my new place. Transfer or apply for new connection? applying for new connection will require me to have Telstra line connected to my new place, right?

richardk

Post by richardk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:26 pm

Hello,

You will need to get Telstra to install the telephone service to your property
I believe these days they lock you into a contract with landline planes so have a look at the contract period when signing up for a phone service.

Then it's best to wait 1 - 2 business days after the phone is connected to apply for Naked DSL as the phone line details has to enter Telstra's provisioning systems before applying for the service.

Thank You

sevusal

Post by sevusal » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi Richard,
Thanks for the quick reply.

in this case, what will happen if i "transfer my eixisting Naked ADSL" connection to my new property? will Exetel ask me to have a telstra line connected first? if so, then why the transfer fee is $90? i thought that $90 covers the activation of new phone line and adsl connection compare to applying for a new connectino which only cost $60.
please confirm.

Thanks,
Tosh

richardk

Post by richardk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:49 pm

Hello,

It is important that the phone line is connected first otherwise your application will get rejected as you require an active telephone service first before applying for Naked DSL.
I had a read of the relocation form and it says that's it's a requirement for an active telephone service to be installed.

Thanks.

sevusal

Post by sevusal » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks Richard!
I am not sure then if i want to apply the transfer process when i can just apply for a new connection and it will only cost me $60 ($30 less then trnasfer fees).
But thank you for all the informatino.

regards,
Tosh

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:46 pm

I think there might be some confusion here but my interpretation is the same as sevusal's:
  • The $60 when applying for a new Naked ADSL2+ connection definitely requires the phone line at the new location to be active. This will mean if you don't currently have a dial tone at the new place you need to pay Telstra at least $59 to activate the line plus a $100 "temporary line fee" because the line effectively gets ported away from Telstra within 3 months. Total cost = $219
  • The $90 used to be $40 for the ADSL2+ activation part (this compared to $60 for new users, so a $20 saving for being an existing customer) plus $50 to activate the phone line (this is a $9 saving on Telstra's $59 fee plus avoids Telstra's $100 temporary line fee). Total cost = $90
That is my interpretation based on past forum threads which re-iterate that "If you are a current Exetel user connected to Optus infrastructure and moving to another location on Optus infrastructure, Exetel can provision the line *and* ADSL2+ for you for $90 total".
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:57 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:That is my interpretation based on past forum threads which re-iterate that "If you are a current Exetel user connected to Optus infrastructure and moving to another location on Optus infrastructure, Exetel can provision the line *and* ADSL2+ for you for $90 total".
I agree, Corey :D ... unless something has recently changed which I'm not aware of.

I helped a customer successfully "move" his Optus ADSL service using this process a few months ago. (He is now moving again and has struck an issue but that is a whole other story which will hopefully get sorted out soon :) )

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

sevusal

Post by sevusal » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:21 pm

Thanks Guys. i will go ahead and apply the "transfer" through member's section.

nuranj
Exetel Staff

Post by nuranj » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Sure :D