Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
tin

Re: Price Increase Of $5.00 per Month On All Old ADSL Plans

Post by tin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:19 am

James wrote:
tin wrote:One question I have... Is there a limit to how far the excess usage can go before you get asked to leave? Or is it a case of 50c per MB for as far as you like?
Well, if it was 50c per MB, I wouldn't want you to leave! But that's a rip off, however 50c per GB is far more reasonable and you can download as much as you like.
Oops... Thinking of too many things at once :oops:
Sounds like we'll be moving to the new plans if that's the case.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

koplis

Post by koplis » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:42 am

asidfreak wrote:Will 'cost of plan change' be waived? ...... Sorry if these questions sounds a little dumb but they are no fineprint on this page https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php
Sorry if I'm being stupid, but I can't see where the above question has been answered.
- What is the fee for changing plans? (currently on Naked plan "NONPHONE A", $50,18GB. changing to Naked plan "NF/22NOTEL", $55, 30GB)
- Is it being waived in this instance?

Cheers,
Joel

Trizzunkz

Post by Trizzunkz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:44 am

Unfortunately, it looks like your current plans don't suit our needs, and I can find a better value service with the same $5 increase elsewhere.
However, I doubt I will find the same value eXetel offers on their extra services. We currently make heavy use of the fax and sms services. Is it possible to continue using these even if we don't have an ADSL connection from eXetel?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:58 am

Trizzunkz wrote:Unfortunately, it looks like your current plans don't suit our needs, and I can find a better value service with the same $5 increase elsewhere.
However, I doubt I will find the same value eXetel offers on their extra services. We currently make heavy use of the fax and sms services. Is it possible to continue using these even if we don't have an ADSL connection from eXetel?
No - they are Exetel plan add ons provided as a benefit to an Exetel user. You would need to consider how much of the $5.00 you are saving if you had to use another FAX/SMS service.

Des

Post by Des » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:10 am

I am currently on an old INCPHONE Z plan and with the small price increase one of the new plans may be marginally more attractive but I have a couple of questions.
My peak period is currently 2pm:2am if I change to a new plan will I lose that and be placed on the default 12:12?
Are all exetel ADSL2 PSTN services on the Optus network or are some on Telstra? not sure who my current PSTN service provider is with exetel.
Will the old plans still have the $3 account fee or is that going with the $5 increase?

Thanks in advance

Mike G

Post by Mike G » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:50 am

I'm looking at changing from TL-BB to TL-C2 and wonder if I would retain my offpeak time of 2am-2pm with this change?

Mike G

tones

Post by tones » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:03 am

koplis wrote:
asidfreak wrote:Will 'cost of plan change' be waived? ...... Sorry if these questions sounds a little dumb but they are no fineprint on this page https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php
Sorry if I'm being stupid, but I can't see where the above question has been answered.
- What is the fee for changing plans? (currently on Naked plan "NONPHONE A", $50,18GB. changing to Naked plan "NF/22NOTEL", $55, 30GB)
- Is it being waived in this instance?

Cheers,
Joel
James posted here http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35461 saying the fee is not waived

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 am

Mike G wrote:I'm looking at changing from TL-BB to TL-C2 and wonder if I would retain my offpeak time of 2am-2pm with this change?

Mike G
Hi MIke,

No, the time periods are per the plan you sign up for.

James

BCTech

Post by BCTech » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:48 am

Looking forward to my 'new' plan¡

...and Exetel's good (although quirky) service :)

meherenow

Post by meherenow » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:53 am

Exetel really don't have good publicising skills when it comes to notifying their customers of changes and whats going on. For starters, who's not automatically going to go on the defensive and overreact when the heading has the words "Increase of $5.00 per month", honesty or not, this still gets my hackles up instantly!

Its only through searching and reading these forums and then checking the plans for myself, that you realise its not all doom and gloom and that if we are willing to change the plans we are on currently, we can end up the same or even better off in some cases. An explanation of this in the original notice would have been a better way to start things off.

I only changed to my current plan on the 1/12/2009. Since then we've had the removal of the free services and now a increase in the monthly fee, with really no other option than to change plans again. I would like some stability and re-assurance that my plan isn't going to change again next month or the month after that. A gaurantee of the current plan we've selected for at leaset 6 months isn't too much to ask is it?

I agree with everyone that Exetel is still the best place to get our internet from and if my hick town ever upgrades to be ADSL2 compatible, I will be gladly be taking up another Exetel plan, but please put a little more thought into your notifications of plan/fee changes in the future.

Thanks.

fanscomputers

Post by fanscomputers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi Exetel Guys,
I am currently on an old PTL D Plan for $65 per month which will be going up to $70 per month from April 1st. This plan includes 36GB of peak downloads. If I go to "Change My Service" there is a plan NF/23BYOLINE for $50 per month including 70GB of peak downloads.
My questions are;
Besides being double the downloads for $20 less, what are the differences in these plans?
Wouldn't Exetel be loosing more money on the new plans?
Why wasn't I notified earlier that I could be saving money and downloading more?
Thanks,
CAMS.

tin

Post by tin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:17 pm

fanscomputers wrote:Besides being double the downloads for $20 less, what are the differences in these plans?
Probably nothing noticeable. I won't do your homework for you, but in my case, I couldn't see any change. Peak times stayed the same, no added or lost freebies as far as I could tell (could be that we had some we weren't using though).

fanscomputers wrote:Wouldn't Exetel be loosing more money on the new plans?
I'm curious about that too. I'd guess the losses come from time spent tracking the different plans, not the usage in them. Data is cheap when bought in bulk.

fanscomputers wrote:Why wasn't I notified earlier that I could be saving money and downloading more?
Not many ISPs notify users that new plans are better value. Partly because they would need to sit down and work out which plans are better value than old ones, determine users on said plans, and be sure the notification ONLY went out to those users. The other part of course is that it's quite profitable to keep them :wink:
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

mattski

Post by mattski » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:39 pm

fanscomputers wrote:Why wasn't I notified earlier that I could be saving money and downloading more?
Login to your "Members Facilities" and select "Information from Exetel". There you can choose which information is sent to you.
For example, the January Newsletter contained:
Many Plan Changes
As we have continued to negotiate lower rates with our IP providers we have been able to reduce the prices of many of our ADSL1 and ADSL2 plans. Please visit our pricing pages and if you see something that you like better than your current plan please go to the Exetel User Facilities to change your current plan.

vkrickles

Post by vkrickles » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:28 pm

I too have received the email about a $5 increase in plan. I cannot see the logic in this change.
My current plan (TELH) ADSL1 $40 - 1500/256 6GB/54GB ... I could change to
TLC1 $45 - 1500/256 12GB/Unlimited or NF/1500 $40 - 1500/256 6GB/12GB.

A change up to a new plan gives me more download for my $5 a month or change down to stay on my current monthly cost and loose some offpeak download (no problem as I am a light user).

I lose by doing nothing!

Are Exetel hoping to make a quick buck by forcing a large number of plan changes and pocketing the "change fee"?

I try not to be cynical and I am a great supporter of Exetel, but this change seems a bit odd!!

tin

Post by tin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:55 pm

vkrickles wrote:Are Exetel hoping to make a quick buck by forcing a large number of plan changes and pocketing the "change fee"?
Isn't that fee only for line speed changes, and charged by Telstra anyway?