Unable to connect to webpages : Access denied?

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
ve10city

Unable to connect to webpages : Access denied?

Post by ve10city » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:33 pm

Hey there,

For some reason I cant connect to any webpages and I get an access denied page for every website i am trying to view except all the exetel.com.au websites. My service status is ok and i got no unpaid payments.

Attached below is the page is get when I am trying to visit facebook!
ad.JPG
Screenshot!
ad.JPG (110.69 KiB) Viewed 766 times
Any ideas?

Cheers

JasonM

Re: Unable to connect to webpages : Access denied?

Post by JasonM » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:57 pm

You are currently blocked for excess usage, visit http://blocked.exetel.com.au/usage.php

ve10city

Post by ve10city » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:18 am

Normally I'll get shaped speeds if I go over my limit? I'll still be able to surf the net, only slower. But why is it different this time?

p.s I cant visit http://blocked.exetel.com.au/usage.php either =/

trooper79

Post by trooper79 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:25 am

Hey, same issue with me too!
- can't get to the blocked page
- memebers sections says "status: usage" and then "suspend: 2010-03-25 15:35:40"
But i've only got restricted to exetel pages only in last hour or so. Wierd, huh?

Can't even get to exewiki.

Any ideas exetel staff?

I would love to submit my university assignment, please help.

trooper79

Post by trooper79 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:28 am

Oh, I am supposed to be throttled just like velocity.

Throttle me
But please leave me some supply of air (internet access)

pulsatex

Post by pulsatex » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:37 am

I too am facing the same issue.
Long time customer, compared to the previous systems this is pretty low.
My plan gives me 18GB peak, ok I went over the limit, now im shaped ill deal with that.
I went 1GB over the shaped limit, now I have no internet even offpeak times, this is a deal breaker for me.
Sorry but this kind of system puts me off and I am already contemplating changing to another provider considering they have better deals.
I liked Exetel, but I am afraid the direction its going now, its not the path I want to follow.
Ex EGN Admin

dmcneice

Post by dmcneice » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:58 am

Im getting the same also, went 100mb over my peak DL limit, now cant even access the internet, shaped or not shaped. Cant access Blocked Site, only exetel website, rather frustrating

corncob1

Post by corncob1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:15 am

Hi Guys
Seems that there is alot of people with the same problem.

Has anyone had a decent reply from exetel yet. I would have thought there would have been a reply on this thread.
Can anyone tell me how to talk to anyone at exetel as I can only do the "push buttons on the phone" thing with whatever number I ring

Thanks

corncob1

Post by corncob1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:21 am

JasonM wrote:You are currently blocked for excess usage, visit http://blocked.exetel.com.au/usage.php
Usually you get the option to accept the shaped plan once you have exceeded your dl limit, but for some reason that hasn't happened this time.
And no-one can get access to the blocked.exetel address either.
I hope someone from exetel reads this thread soon and gives us a solution. I too have assignments due this weekend and without access I'm stuffed. :oops:

ve10city

Post by ve10city » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:44 am

Good to see I'm not alone! Still waiting for a reply...

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:02 pm

Can you retest and confirm if the issue still remains?
If so - PM your service numbers to me, stating you'll accept the $6/GB usage fees that apply if you had elected to have shaping and I'll arrange to unblock the service.

pulsatex

Post by pulsatex » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:42 am

I would like to include, that I was getting that page (as image posted by velocity) even durring off-peak time (which i didnt go over).

For some reason I have lost sync the day after.
My service number: 0293498438
Ex EGN Admin

Schniz2

Post by Schniz2 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:21 am

I have been having the weirdest connection issues over the last 4 days... i went 100MB over my peak limit and am apparently still in the shaping pool, but i have had several different issues... some sites randomly refuse to load such as my university portal... sometimes i cannot load the exetel site at all... but others such as facebook etc load fine.... other times all i can load is the exetel site. Tonight i was trying to download some notes from my Uni portal which took about 4 minutes to log into, and then when i tried to save links the downloads would either end up timing out on ~10Bytes/sec or stay stuck on 0 Bytes/sec. At the strike of midnight i downloaded two sets of notes @ about 100kB/sec, and then about 3 minutes later the site is unresponsive once again.
I have encountered the blocked message from 'squid' and also recently got the excess DL acknowledgment page (3 days after exceeding my limit). Other times i have no access at all... not even to the exetel site. Getting pretty sick of my temperamental connection... is there a problem with the shaping pool?? If that's all the problem is ill make damn sure i never exceed my limit again because its soooo annoying!
I have connected my modem directly to the phone line with all filters removed and still get the same crap connection... ozspeedtest.com reports a down speed of ~2kB/sec.

So far i have been happy with Exetel... only a few short connection problems... but this is making me consider paying $10 extra to go with a different ISP. Im sure looking forward to the end of the month to see if the problem resolves itself when im not in the shaping pool.