Post by plasmapuff » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:13 am

Thanks guys for the feedback:)

Exetel WMA plan ordered. :)

What's the typical turn around?

pjred

Re: Exetel MoIP

Post by pjred » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:26 am

notoriousft wrote:I have two comments:
1-During the call you cannot see the call duration.
2-You cannot put the call on loudspeaker.

Other than those so far so good, both for sms and calls.
BTW, handset is Nokia N85.
I have the same issue on the Nokia N95 .
Also, you cannot adjust the volume during a call, only before you make a call.

Initial tests found call quality a bit choppy and laggy. The native SIP client seemed alot clearer without lag. Will do more tests.

remoteone

Post by remoteone » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:12 am

Hi,
I purchased a Nokia 5800 for this very purpose as it was one of the few that had the hardware features needed. But I dont see it listed as a supported device on the Moip page. Which, if any, should I select instead?

bob0591

Post by bob0591 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:18 am

re exetel moip, i installed on nokia 6121c,and got register ok, i can ring a number and the phone rings but cant hear anything on either end , :?: :?

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:51 am

I gave up on Exetel MoIP long ago. For one on the Optarse network is over subscribed and many cells have bugger all capacity, which means MoIP / VoIP is hit and miss at the best of times over 3G.

When I was using Nokia I used Symbian phones that had native SIP capabilites that would operate SIP as if it was a regular call, a little bit more set up involved but means it is transparent rather than opening a dumb application to make a call.

Since I dumped Nokia because of the Ovi Store's disgusting behaviour I got a Google Nexus One phone running android and use SipDroid to run VoIP.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Sun May 09, 2010 9:38 pm

I have been running the Exetel MoIP app for a couple of weeks now and have two comments relating to issues that might need to be looked at.

issue 1.
If my phone goes out of 3G service for a period of time, the Exetel MoIP app goes to "not registered" state and the only way to re-register it, is to stop and retatrt the app. Is there any way to resolve this?

issue 2.
I don't seem to be able to use normal Optus mobile voice mail as DTMF codes don't seem to work.

Are these issues likely to ever be resolved?

Otherwise the call quality seems to be better than when I used the native Nokia SIP client (on my Nokia E71)

Lawrie.

edit. fixed spelling error.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Mon May 10, 2010 9:06 pm

Lawrie wrote:
issue 2.
I don't seem to be able to use normal Optus mobile voice mail as DTMF codes don't seem to work.
My DTMF issue is when I call Optus mobile voicemail. I do this by calling 0411000321 from my VoIP number using Exetel MoIP. Then I need to put in my mobile number etc. to access the voicemail menu. This does not work.

However, using the Exetel VoIP voicemail, I do not have the same problem. I do this by calling 121 from my VoIP number using Exetel MoIP.

So is there a problem with how the DTMF codes are passed out to the Optus mobile network?
I seem to remember having a similar problem once before trying to access my work teleconference system. In that case the problem dissapeared without anyone (apparently) fixing the problem.

Lawrie.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Mon May 10, 2010 9:47 pm

Lawrie wrote:issue 1.
If my phone goes out of 3G service for a period of time, the Exetel MoIP app goes to "not registered" state and the only way to re-register it, is to stop and retatrt the app. Is there any way to resolve this?
Although it says 'not registered' as long as it has registered initially and you have a good 3G signal is should dial out anyway. Give it a try it has worked for me.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Tue May 11, 2010 10:44 am

Although it says 'not registered' as long as it has registered initially and you have a good 3G signal is should dial out anyway
Looks like you may be right. I can stop panicing about the display saying not registered.
Lawrie

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Tue May 11, 2010 2:49 pm

I was using the development MOIP app with pretty good results.

I downloaded the "release" version and installed that but it will not register anymore.

Is the release version limited to the Exetel hspa ip range? i am using a Exetel vodafone plan.

I removed the release version and put the development version back on and again it registered straight away?

Nokia 6220
Exetel Vodafone Plan.,

Any idea?

Thanks.

shermanf
Exetel Staff

Post by shermanf » Wed May 12, 2010 10:00 am

The Exetel MoIP application for the iPhone is now available through the Apple App Store and can be found via the following link http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/exetel-m ... 67723?mt=8 if accessing iTunes via the computer or by searching for "Exetel MoIP" on the App Store from your iPhone

You will require a VOIP account and SMS API which can be created from your members facilities.

rjedw

Post by rjedw » Sat May 22, 2010 8:26 am

ottyacat wrote:I was using the development MOIP app with pretty good results.
I downloaded the "release" version and installed that but it will not register anymore.
Is the release version limited to the Exetel hspa ip range? i am using a Exetel vodafone plan.
I removed the release version and put the development version back on and again it registered straight away?
I, too have had the same experiences with my 6120. Although I miss the 'contact list', the development version at least works!

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Sat May 22, 2010 11:07 am

rjedw wrote:
ottyacat wrote:
I, too have had the same experiences with my 6120. Although I miss the 'contact list', the development version at least works!

Ahh good to know its not just me :)

Luckily my development copy has the contact list in it. I would be happy to send you a copy but i believe they were built to our phones IMEI num.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Wed May 26, 2010 3:15 pm

rjedw wrote:
I'll see if I can get someone to look into this issue with the 6120.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

shermanf
Exetel Staff

Post by shermanf » Wed May 26, 2010 4:07 pm

From our experience we found that the nokia 6120 has mixed results, some work some don't.

Gidget wrote:
rjedw wrote:
I'll see if I can get someone to look into this issue with the 6120.

Gidget