Testing Required for the New Members

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
sable

Re: Testing Required for the New Members

Post by sable » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:43 am

VoIP usage page still says "Totally you have made ..." if you have selected any VoIP value add-on pack.

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:19 pm

Had a look around and couldn't find a couple of things, like my 'change of service' page.
I have found the easiest way to use the new members section is to click on the 'site map' and everything is there, in alphabetical order, and all the options are easier to get to with only one click, instead of all the silly mousing through layers of unnecessarily fancy menus.
So I'll be using the Site map.

I have always gone by the rule 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.

IanS

Post by IanS » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:15 pm

When on the Home menu & you roll the mouse over Services, Usage, Contribute, Order Services & Support, the pop-out sub-menu becomes obscured by the section headings on the Home menu eg Network/Connection Problems? and VoIP Meter. It also makes it hard to click on the obscured link. See attached pic.

OS - Win7 32bit
Browser - IE 8 (version 8.0.7600.16385)
Attachments
Menu.jpg
Menu.jpg (29.91 KiB) Viewed 2651 times

sable

Post by sable » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:15 pm

On page Services/ADSL/Status of Change

Only gives status of a relocation not of a plan change.

MCCMikey

Post by MCCMikey » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:31 pm

May or may not be related, but a MoIP application submitted yesterday did not produce an email.

JamesR

Post by JamesR » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:07 pm

The Support tab has two links which both say VoIP - the top one is VoIP Support and the bottom one is about VoIP Setup.

Could this be adjusted? It is a bit confusing.

Thanks.
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:04 am

Hello,

I like the new user facilities however the following functions still seem to be missing.

"Information From Exetel" - Cannot seem to find this anywhere is it hidden somewhere i haven't looked? Ive been trying to setup a few invoice to email / usage warnings for a few clients but cannot find it any more.

Cheers

sable

Post by sable » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:35 am

ottyacat wrote:Hello,

I like the new user facilities however the following functions still seem to be missing.

"Information From Exetel" - Cannot seem to find this anywhere is it hidden somewhere i haven't looked? Ive been trying to setup a few invoice to email / usage warnings for a few clients but cannot find it any more.

Cheers
Go to My details, last tab on the right is Info from Exetel.

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:03 pm

[quote="sable]Go to My details, last tab on the right is Info from Exetel.[/quote]

Thanks a million, must have been late hours of the morning contributing to my blindness :D

melanieb
Exetel Staff

Post by melanieb » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:44 pm

Lawrie wrote:O.K.
I can get to the View/Change IP page from the Site map
the URL is https://www.exetel.com.au/members/account_change_ip.php

but this is not available from the menu - My Details?
the forum was recently updated whcih has changed the status of those old posts.

I'll see if this can be fixed.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:48 pm

Melanieb, I'd be grateful at this stage just to be able to enter the site.

melanieb
Exetel Staff

Post by melanieb » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:04 pm

Dazzled wrote:Melanieb, I'd be grateful at this stage just to be able to enter the site.
Dazzled, what is happening - you are unable to log in at all? are you getting an error message?

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:18 pm

Usage --> Wireless Broadband delivers you to a page with a zero meter reading https://www.exetel.com.au/members/hspa_ ... ce_number=

I suspect the address should include the service number i.e. https://www.exetel.com.au/members/hspa_ ... _number=[i]04########[/i]

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:39 pm

Melanieb,
1. An attempt to log into the alternative site directs to the new https://www.exetel.com.au/members/home.php log in.
2. The new login page has to be typed. It is not recognised as a "form" which would be remembered by the browser.
3. Having got to the User Facility the hard way...attempts to select ANY of the side menu items return the login page!
4. A typed relog-in can sometimes get the requested page.

While I'm whinging....
1 The forum puts up a login page which permits a saved form, but use of it causes a redisplay of the login page.
2 Deja vu - Typing the forum login also returns to the login page.
3 JL's blog comments page is the same as the forum. His home page works.

The User facility would be improved if the site returned to the form coding used by the alternative page. If that's not wanted please keep the alternative page functional. This was worked out a long while ago to provide a working alternative during the Flash disaster.

The forum should not direct to index.php. It would help many browsers if the User site's syntax errors were fixed; this only takes a button press.

Andrew L
Exetel Staff

Post by Andrew L » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi Dazzled,
2. The new login page has to be typed. It is not recognised as a "form" which would be remembered by the browser.
What browser/OS are you running? Firefox remembers my username/password for the login page but IE8 does not.
3. Having got to the User Facility the hard way...attempts to select ANY of the side menu items return the login page!
The only reason it will return you to the login page is if the session is not saving, in which case it's most likely your browser settings.

The only flash we use on the site are the index page and the small ads on the left navigation menu in the site, so i'm not sure what you are referring to when you say we aren't using form coding.