ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
djevoultion

Re: ADSL2+ on Telstra Exchanges

Post by djevoultion » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:59 am

CoreyPlover wrote:
djevoultion wrote:I want to change my home phone to Telstra's HomeLine Budget (To save $10 since I'll be using voip)
When is the best time to change? Now? (I'm on ADSL1) or after I've been upgraded to ADSL2+?
Should not make any difference. Neither ADSL1 nor ADSL2+ on Telstra affect your eligibility for Homeline Budget
Thanks for clearing that up CoreyPlover

richo

Post by richo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:48 pm

FYI - just spoke to Exetel Sales and have been advised that the Wireless Broadband service WB OA (incl. 100Mb Data) is not available with the ADSL2 plans (I was wanting to order WB OA along with TE-2D from the members change service page). Are there any plans to review the offering of the backup Wireless Broadband service for ADSL2 plans?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:33 pm

richo wrote:FYI - just spoke to Exetel Sales and have been advised that the Wireless Broadband service WB OA (incl. 100Mb Data) is not available with the ADSL2 plans (I was wanting to order WB OA along with TE-2D from the members change service page). Are there any plans to review the offering of the backup Wireless Broadband service for ADSL2 plans?
No - to get the prices as low as we have for Telstra ADSL2 there is ABSOLUTELY no scope for yet more freebies.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:34 pm

For current users submitting a change plan form in the User Facilities the time delay in activating the new ADSL2 speeds will be one working day on average.

evanlau

Post by evanlau » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Am on ADSL1 in Point Cook, VIC. I believe I am on a RIM, but not sure if this particular one supports ADSL2. How is availability determined if I submit a plan change in the Members section?

i.e. If the change is submitted to Telstra at the start of next month, and it is rejected, I assume that nothing will change and no charges applied.

Or is the application submitted to Telstra straightaway for action at the start of next month, so any rejection would likely be received prior to the end of the month (if submitted today for example).

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:54 pm

evanlau wrote:Am on ADSL1 in Point Cook, VIC. I believe I am on a RIM, but not sure if this particular one supports ADSL2. How is availability determined if I submit a plan change in the Members section?
I'd be curious if our Fibre services are available to you.

I can check for either of them, please PM your service number to me.

Answering your question in a more general scope for anyone else:
- Telstra know what equipment they have in the field.
- You submit your plan change.
- Exetel process the change to Telstra.
- Telstra reject the change if they can't provide the service.
- Exetel keep you on the same service / plan you have (as it is the change that is rejected, not the service).

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:05 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:For current users submitting a change plan form in the User Facilities the time delay in activating the new ADSL2 speeds will be one working day on average.
But I thought no changes happened until the first of the next month...?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:14 pm

Tazz wrote: But I thought no changes happened until the first of the next month...?
That has been the case from March 2004 up until today.

For TW ADSL1 to TW ADSL2 it is now one working day.

For all other services it remains at 1st of the month following the change plan submission.

djevoultion

Post by djevoultion » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:16 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
Tazz wrote: But I thought no changes happened until the first of the next month...?

For all other services it remains at 1st of the month following the change plan submission.
I submitted a plan change when the TW ADSL2 plan's were available and it stated that the changeover won't happen until the 1st of Next month?

evanlau

Post by evanlau » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:20 pm

Have PM-ed my service number to you. Cheers for your help.
JasonM wrote:
evanlau wrote:Am on ADSL1 in Point Cook, VIC. I believe I am on a RIM, but not sure if this particular one supports ADSL2. How is availability determined if I submit a plan change in the Members section?
I'd be curious if our Fibre services are available to you.

I can check for either of them, please PM your service number to me.

Answering your question in a more general scope for anyone else:
- Telstra know what equipment they have in the field.
- You submit your plan change.
- Exetel process the change to Telstra.
- Telstra reject the change if they can't provide the service.
- Exetel keep you on the same service / plan you have (as it is the change that is rejected, not the service).

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Over the weekend we received close to 200 new/churn/current user transfer applications which was a remarkable number and ten times more than we had expected.

Weekends are usually very slow times for applications so we will wait and see what the 'normal' days result in before jumping to any conclusions.

ohayes

Post by ohayes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:34 pm

Well I resetted my modem but still am running on 1500, it will probably be a few more days since I churned on Friday night :D

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:51 pm

ohayes wrote:Well I resetted my modem but still am running on 1500, it will probably be a few more days since I churned on Friday night :D
If it's for the IP you are posting from, the request is in the system, so should process in the coming days.

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:56 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:

So we will be switched over to ADSL2 but will everything else take place on the 1st of the month? like plan charges and any other changes that may also be applicable to the change like download quota's Peak/Offpeak hours etc etc

huh?

Post by huh? » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:06 pm

andrewvs wrote: Have a look under the ADSL1 section :wink::
I do not have anything listed for ADSL1 at all, just the options that I already pasted.

Does it only apply to those exchanges where Telstra are the only option?
I am on Wyong exchange and according to ADSL2exchanges this has a couple of suppliers.
Been with Exetel since April 2004 and will stay on 8mbit if Telstra ADSL2 not available to me via Exetel.

Thanks
Where am I?