ADSL Plans/$10 - $25 Per Month Discounts

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
crustyman

Re: ADSL Plans/$10 - $25 Per Month Discounts

Post by crustyman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:32 am

Hi, I currently have an optus mobile number, if I was to switch to using Exetel am I able to port the existing number over?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:42 am

crustyman wrote:Hi, I currently have an optus mobile number, if I was to switch to using Exetel am I able to port the existing number over?
Yes - go to the user facilities and look at the order form.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:06 am

The Exetel to Exetel calls in the new Optus plans... does that only include New Optus SIM to New Optus SIM or is it to ANY Exetel no. i.e. to a Exetel VOIP DID or to an old Exetel Vodafone SIM?

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:33 am

The Exetel to Exetel calls in the new Optus plans... does that only include New Optus SIM to New Optus SIM or is it to ANY Exetel no. i.e. to a Exetel VOIP DID or to an old Exetel Vodafone SIM?
It is the former. Exetel (via Optus) to Exetel (via Optus)

crustyman

Post by crustyman » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:25 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
crustyman wrote:Hi, I currently have an optus mobile number, if I was to switch to using Exetel am I able to port the existing number over?
Yes - go to the user facilities and look at the order form.
Excellent thanks, I've placed my order, well done Exetel another fantastic value-add option :)

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:33 pm

ExetelVoice wrote:
Is it possible to change from an existing Exetel HSPA Mobile plan to one of the new Exetel "Capped" Mobile plans? e.g. From WBP to CAP19
If so what is the correct procedure
Yes this will be a plan change. You will need to apply for a plan change in the members facility.
Will the plan change be made available in Memeber Facilities soon? It is currently not allowed. Or is the HSPA to "Capped" mobile plan change form elsewhere in the facilities?
Change Plan.png
Change Plan.png (20.65 KiB) Viewed 2860 times

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:12 pm

Will the plan change be made available in Memeber Facilities soon? It is currently not allowed. Or is the HSPA to "Capped" mobile plan change form elsewhere in the facilities?
Please be patient. The developers have a lot to do in a short space of time. It should be completed by Friday or early next week.
Contrary to previous advice, there also may be a plan change fee for HSPA customers.

IanS

Post by IanS » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:50 pm

Does the monthly ADSL discount apply to older ADSL/ADSL2+ plans, like the NF/20BYOLINE?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:22 am

IanS wrote:Does the monthly ADSL discount apply to older ADSL/ADSL2+ plans, like the NF/20BYOLINE?
It applies to all Exetel ADSL1 and ADSL2 plans.

bodogbodog

Question on porting number to CAP plan from HSPA

Post by bodogbodog » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Hopefully someone from Exetel can advise what's going to be possible - as I really want to add the new capped plan service to my ever increasing portfolio of services - started with ADSL1 in the very beginning and now have ADSL2, VOIP and HSPA services

As I say I am an exisitng Exetel HSPA (WM-A) customer - I want to retain that service but also takeup one of the new Exetel (Optus) Capped plans

Now the challenge is I want to move the mobile number from the current HSPA (WM-A) service to the new Capped (CAP19)service - and then get a new mobile number allocated to the HSPA account which I also want to retain) - is getting the mobile numbers swapped around like that going to be possible? - and if so how do I order it on the site?

I guess one option is to order the new mobile service and get a number allocated and then arrange to port that number to my HSPA service and move the current HSPA number to the new mobile service - would that be the best option?

speedboatsteve

Post by speedboatsteve » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am

bodogbodog wrote:
Hopefully someone from Exetel can advise what's going to be possible - as I really want to add the new capped plan service to my ever increasing portfolio of services - started with ADSL1 in the very beginning and now have ADSL2, VOIP and HSPA services

As I say I am an exisitng Exetel HSPA (WM-A) customer - I want to retain that service but also takeup one of the new Exetel (Optus) Capped plans

Now the challenge is I want to move the mobile number from the current HSPA (WM-A) service to the new Capped (CAP19)service - and then get a new mobile number allocated to the HSPA account which I also want to retain) - is getting the mobile numbers swapped around like that going to be possible? - and if so how do I order it on the site?

I guess one option is to order the new mobile service and get a number allocated and then arrange to port that number to my HSPA service and move the current HSPA number to the new mobile service - would that be the best option?
me too on everything that you said!!! :wink:

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:48 pm

It had been answered above it should be a simple 'plan change' from HSPA (handset use) to capped mobile. It should be available soon, a staff member asked for patience after a poorly worded post of mine.

If all goes to plan, all you would need to do is submit a plan change from HSPA (handset use) to capped mobile and then order a new HSPA service.

What I hope on doing is moving 2x HSPA (handset use) services to mobile and then obtain a new HSPA service. Thus my portfolio will hopefully be 1 x ADSL, 2 x capped mobile & 1 x HSPA for the laptop.

Of course I notice that WM-A/WM-B have better rates than the current WBP offering :roll: I do not think chances are good of getting a workaround to keep the WM-A plan.

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Ravenous wrote:It had been answered above it should be a simple 'plan change' from HSPA (handset use) to capped mobile. It should be available soon, a staff member asked for patience after a poorly worded post of mine.

If all goes to plan, all you would need to do is submit a plan change from HSPA (handset use) to capped mobile and then order a new HSPA service.

What I hope on doing is moving 2x HSPA (handset use) services to mobile and then obtain a new HSPA service. Thus my portfolio will hopefully be 1 x ADSL, 2 x capped mobile & 1 x HSPA for the laptop.

Of course I notice that WM-A/WM-B have better rates than the current WBP offering :roll: I do not think chances are good of getting a workaround to keep the WM-A plan.
You got it in one and its not all "answered above" - I want to keep my good WM-A plan for another mobile but move the current number to the CAP plan - I got a response from customer service I couldn't do it today but I will escalate it I think as I cant see why I couldnt do it. It appears others also want to do it

Worst case for me is to port my current HSPA number to another carrier PAYG then port it to the CAP plan - and get a new number issued for my WM-A plan - but that is a bit of waste of time for everyone so I'm hoping I can convince Exetel to do the changes as I originally propose

Anyone from Exetel care to comment and hopefully help us out on this one?

dragon

Post by dragon » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:24 pm

hey, just 2 quick questions

do we just order this from user facilities and the discount is automatically applied?
and is there a way to activate so that this month i finish with my current exetel(vodafone) cap and starting from the 1st november is the new(optus) cap?

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:24 pm

You got it in one and its not all "answered above" - I want to keep my good WM-A plan for another mobile but move the current number to the CAP plan - I got a response from customer service I couldn't do it today but I will escalate it I think as I cant see why I couldnt do it. It appears others also want to do it
Please be patient on this. We will inform in due course as we are still finalising the possible charges for these transfers of service.
do we just order this from user facilities and the discount is automatically applied?
yes
and is there a way to activate so that this month i finish with my current exetel(vodafone) cap and starting from the 1st november is the new(optus) cap?
Do not worry about this. You will be pro-rated in both cases. 1. Coming off the Voda cap. 2. Going on to the Optus Cap.