New ADSL2 Plan - Free

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Re: New ADSL2 Plan - Free

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:27 am

shx wrote:Thanks for the good news.

First of all, a small error I guess - "From November 1st 2011 Exetel will provide an ADSL2 service:" :p

Secondly, as a current Exetel ADSL1 user (with Telstra line), do I need to get a optus line activated first in order to take this order? Or as a pacakge, Exetel will handle everything for me?

Cheers.
You just apply on the user facilities - the change over is handled by Optus.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:32 am

loco13 wrote:Not interested in bundled plans. And 15 GB, I consider as moderate use.
As a small user, a stand alone, pay for what you use, or a 1 or 2 GB plan on ASDL 1 or 2 at below $30 would be attractive. But I guess that would not cover overhead costs.
- Tom.
The only way to reduce current ADSL(1 or 2) costs is to buy multiple services. If you are prepared to pay around $30.00 for 1 or 2 gbytes why wouldn't you be happy to pay $0.00 and buy your wire line and a low cost mobile from your ADSL supplier?

shx

Post by shx » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:21 am

dbr wrote:
shx wrote:do I need to get a optus line activated first in order to take this order?
No. When you apply for the plan, then your line gets transferred across. You just need to have free Optus ports available.
thanks for the response. You mean exetel will transfer my telstra line to optus? can they get a new optus line for me instead?

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:24 am

loco13 wrote:Not interested in bundled plans.
Perhaps HSPA would be a better solution for you
RAND-NF/20INCTEL-Draytek 2710vn

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:33 am

Hi Shx,
thanks for the response. You mean exetel will transfer my telstra line to optus? can they get a new optus line for me instead?
IF you are a current ADSL1 customers, then the transfer to Optus ADSL2 is seamless save the day for cut-over with some minimal timeframe. It's on the same piece of copper during the port.

We do also provide new install for new customers who dont have an exisiting telephone service. This is done from scratch via inactive copper.

Hope that clears it up

loco13

Post by loco13 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:39 am

ForumAdmin wrote: If you are prepared to pay around $30.00 for 1 or 2 gbytes why wouldn't you be happy to pay $0.00 and buy your wire line and a low cost mobile from your ADSL supplier?
This is for my friend. I look after her technical things. She is firm about keeping her Telstra telephone line. She has secured a good deal including call waiting and number display, and gets quick service with problems. Her prepaid mobile useage averages about $5 a month.
Mixer wrote: Perhaps HSPA would be a better solution for you
Yes, we are considering this option. When we set her connection up, we would have chosen Exetel HSPA instead of ASDL1 if the pay for what you use plans had been available back then.

thanks, - Tom.

shx

Post by shx » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:54 am

paulp wrote:Hi Shx,
IF you are a current ADSL1 customers, then the transfer to Optus ADSL2 is seamless save the day for cut-over with some minimal timeframe. It's on the same piece of copper during the port.

We do also provide new install for new customers who dont have an exisiting telephone service. This is done from scratch via inactive copper.

Hope that clears it up
thank you paulp

actually i have to stay with telstra for a while since they charge exit fee within 12month period?

I also received email from exetel CS telling me my current adsl1 (telstra) number is not compatible with optus adsl2+ which is confusing me - does optus share the same copper lines with telstra? as I keep telling them I want to have a new connection with optus in order to get this deal instead of transfer my telstra connection.

Any comments?

sable

Post by sable » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:40 pm

Yes, we are considering this option. When we set her connection up, we would have chosen Exetel HSPA instead of ASDL1 if the pay for what you use plans had been available back then.
HSPA PAYU plans have been available from Day 1.

Original Price was $5 per month, no usage included 1.5c per Mb

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:59 pm

We have almost finalised these plans.

Two changes:

1) 12 month contract for a new customer or a current customer who is changing from another Exetel ADSL plan.

2) There will be a 120 gbps off peak inclusion 4 am to 10 am)

speedboatsteve

Post by speedboatsteve » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:15 pm

I'm ready to sign up!!

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi Shx,
I also received email from exetel CS telling me my current adsl1 (telstra) number is not compatible with optus adsl2+ which is confusing me - does optus share the same copper lines with telstra? as I keep telling them I want to have a new connection with optus in order to get this deal instead of transfer my telstra connection.

In short yes, the same pieces of copper are leased off Telstra by various carriers when it comes to changing phone providers. when we talk about a particular service/product not be available this is purely from an Exchange point of view, where the copper terminats to equipment in your local area. So if it's not compatible, chances are it may be because there is no infrastructure.

Email me at paulp@exetel.com.au(with a link to this thread) with a telephone number and I can check as to whether it might be some other impediment that may be possible to remove for a service.

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:42 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:We have almost finalised these plans
Would the $3 account administration charge apply to this new plan in addition to the $30 for the phone and say $19 for the CAP19 plan (or whatever the appropriate rate is for a particular CAP mobile plan)

EDIT - The $3 account admin fee will NOT apply to this plan - see post by Forum Admn three posts down :D

I'm just trying to make a comparison between what I am on now and what the new "free ADSL2 plan" will offer - so be interested in any comments on what I may be missing in my comparison

ie
Assuming no extra downloads over bundled limits - so the entitlements (was 10gb/peak versus 15gb/peak on the new plan) and the extra usage charge of $1/gb versus the $0.50/gb in my current plan dont worry me

Current:
ADSL2 + Home Phone bundle - Z/20INCTEL - $55
Account Adminstration fee - $3
New CAP 19 plan - $19
Less $10 discount for Bundle + CAP mobile
Total = $67

versus

New "Free ADSL2" / Phone bundle - $30
New CAP19 plan - $19
Total = $49

Am I missing something in this comparison? - it looks like there is a potential saving of $18 in my case (if no $3 administration fee applies to the new plan which is still to be confirmed)
Last edited by bodogbodog on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:38 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:12 month contract for a new customer or a current customer who is changing from another Exetel ADSL plan.
That seems to cover everyone (everyone will be either a new customer or they will be old customer changing from another plan)
So to use this new plan means signing up to a new 12 month contract - is that correct?

Lawrie

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:25 pm

Lawrie wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:12 month contract for a new customer or a current customer who is changing from another Exetel ADSL plan.
That seems to cover everyone (everyone will be either a new customer or they will be old customer changing from another plan)
So to use this new plan means signing up to a new 12 month contract - is that correct?

Lawrie
Correct.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 pm

There is no $3.00 account fee.