Response to TPG's new unlimited plans.

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
CordlezToaster

Response to TPG's new unlimited plans.

Post by CordlezToaster » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:00 am

Are exetel planning on responding to TPG's unlimited plans?
ie higher quotas?
Increase in offpeak allowance and times?

Atm they look really good........

ForumAdmin

Re: Response to TPG's new unlimited plans.

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:11 am

Sure - it is easy to do.

What price points would you like to see?

We had already emailed our low end (256 and 512) customers offering them an upgrade to 1500 speeds at pretty much the same costs as their current plans.

We could easily offer an unlimited 512/128 plan for $37.50 but bear in mind the maximum downloads on such a plan are not very much.

Providing an 8192/384 unlimited down load plan is obviously much more of a challenge but a 200 gb download anytime isn't - Telstra already offers such a plan.

Soliah

Post by Soliah » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:58 pm

I must admit, the $59.99 price point for unlimited ADSL2 and telephone is pretty compelling. I don't think Exetel can match this pricing though. I personally would love to see an increase in the off peak times.

CordlezToaster

Post by CordlezToaster » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:33 am

Well done exetel for introducing some unlimited plans!.

If only i could cancel a churn :(

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:57 pm

CordlezToaster wrote:Well done exetel for introducing some unlimited plans!.

You didn't allow much time for a 'response'.

How fast do you think a 'response' like that can be made?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:22 pm

CordlezToaster wrote:Well done exetel for introducing some unlimited plans!.

It is very easy to cancel a churn, just call the new provider and have them log into LOLO and cancel the churn.

Should take 1 minute.

tc4101

Post by tc4101 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:46 am

hey where are the plans that match that of TPG? are they available yet?

i am on 5gb/ulimited 12/12pm with a exetel phone line and i am paying $60p/m +$3admin

really i like exetel and always have, but cant justfy staying on with a cheaper and more data thru TPG.... being nearly start of month now, i give it a few more weeks and most likely move on if exetel can't match it.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:10 pm

tc4101 wrote:hey where are the plans that match that of TPG? are they available yet?

i am on 5gb/ulimited 12/12pm with a exetel phone line and i am paying $60p/m +$3admin

really i like exetel and always have, but cant justfy staying on with a cheaper and more data thru TPG.... being nearly start of month now, i give it a few more weeks and most likely move on if exetel can't match it.
Why not sign up for a free ADSL2 plan?

$49.90 for ADSL2, Wireline rental (plus low cost calls) and mobile

tc4101

Post by tc4101 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:25 pm

they actualy look ok plans. but now i already locked into a mobile contract elsewhere so getting mobile with exetel is not an option.

i remember asking if there was mobile deals for exetel customers many months ago, but the answer i got was that exetel already had cheap plans so discount mobile plans for exetel customers wasnt available... which i found pretty stupid...

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:35 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:Why not sign up for a free ADSL2 plan?
I almost certainly will be - just waiting for the option to become available under user facilities :D

Guess it will be there soon enough and will mean a December start - or will the transfer of plans happen mid month given it means adding on an Exetel mobile plan to my ADSL2/Phone bundle, all under a new plan name?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:09 pm

bodogbodog wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:Why not sign up for a free ADSL2 plan?
I almost certainly will be - just waiting for the option to become available under user facilities :D

Guess it will be there soon enough and will mean a December start - or will the transfer of plans happen mid month given it means adding on an Exetel mobile plan to my ADSL2/Phone bundle, all under a new plan name?
It's actually more difficult than it looks to facilitate transfers to new plans by current customers.

It should be possible by mid November.

djevoultion

Post by djevoultion » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:20 pm

TPG are offering 100GB/100GB on Telstra's Network for $59.99, that's double the peak usage and $8 cheaper than Exetel.

Will Exetel be matching TPG's Plan?

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:17 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:It should be possible by mid November
Thanks for the update and setting the expectation
That's not long to wait - and the end result is all upside

paracin

Post by paracin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:40 am

My two cents worth
- Dodo charges $70 for unlimited broadband and phoneline
- TPG charges $60 for the same thing
Exetel, on the other hand:
Firstly, introduces additional charge of $3 for , plus $1 per extra GB (instead of $0.50)
Secondly, the fee of $20 for a plan change is not exactly the best way of thanking existing customers for staying with Exetel.
So, I paid $20 for a privilege of having 80GB for $73 when TPG and Dodo provide UNLIMITED downloads for less.

On top of all that, November Customer News Letter says for ADSL2 "...and have also included unlimited plans in each category"
Well, I could not see any reference to "unlimited" either in the link provided, or in available plans, or in my plan change options.

For the first time, after years with Exetel on ADSL1 and 2, i have a feeling that it's time to move on.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:49 pm

paracin wrote:My two cents worth
- Dodo charges $70 for unlimited broadband and phoneline
- TPG charges $60 for the same thing
Exetel, on the other hand:
Firstly, introduces additional charge of $3 for , plus $1 per extra GB (instead of $0.50)
Secondly, the fee of $20 for a plan change is not exactly the best way of thanking existing customers for staying with Exetel.
So, I paid $20 for a privilege of having 80GB for $73 when TPG and Dodo provide UNLIMITED downloads for less.

On top of all that, November Customer News Letter says for ADSL2 "...and have also included unlimited plans in each category"
Well, I could not see any reference to "unlimited" either in the link provided, or in available plans, or in my plan change options.

For the first time, after years with Exetel on ADSL1 and 2, i have a feeling that it's time to move on.
You neglect to mention that the TPG price is for 24 month contract with an 18 or 6 month contract much higher priced - same with Dodo.

Are you happy to sign up for a 24 month contract?

Are you happy with their early termination charges:

Dodo:

A.11 Termination
We may terminate the agreement if:
(a) where there is no Minimum Term, or the Minimum Term has expired, and we give at least 30 days’ notice of termination of the agreement to you and refund any unexpired prepaid credits.
(b) you breach the Agreement in a material way.
(c) there is evidence to suggest fraud or other illegal conduct in relation to a service by you or anyone else using it.
(d) you have died, become bankrupt, insolvent or subject to a similar insolvency event and we reasonably believe we are unlikely to receive or retain payments for charges.
(e) we are required to do so in order to comply with legislative or regulatory requirements, a warrant or other court order or lawful direction of a competent authority.
(f) termination is in accordance with the Credit Management Code, for your non-payment of invoices by the due date or any later date we agree;
(g) you re-sell a Service;
(h) reasons outside our reasonable control (including loss of wholesale access to the Service) prevent us from providing the services to you; or
(i) where there is a Minimum Term, we give at least 30 days notice of termination of the agreement to you, we refund any unexpired prepaid credits and we compensate you for any unavoidable connection costs (such as a setup fee) you incurred at the time you connected to Dodo.

EARLY TERMINATION FEE (IF APPLICABLE)
If you cancel any part of a fixed line service that has a minimum term during the minimum term, you will be charged a $199 early termination fee ($99 if you signed up for the service before 1 February 2007). Please refer to paragraph A.5 in Part A for details of when an early termination fee is payable.

TPG:

If, during the Minimum Contract Period, you cancel the service or we cancel the service because of your default, you must pay the charges which would have been payable for service between the date of termination and the expiry of the Minimum Contract Period up to a maximum of $350.

Exetel is more than happy to provide a bundled unlimited ADSL2 plan for $60.00 a month on a 24 month contract. Our view, at least to date, is few sensible people are prepared to sign up for such a contract length - for very good reasons.