New ADSL2 Plan - Free

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
tulett

Re: New ADSL2 Plan - Free

Post by tulett » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:41 pm

When the new plans are available to existing users, what will the cost be, if any, to change from an Optus Naked plan to the new plans? I am not currently under contract. I want to move to the OTFree2 plan.

wing2033

Post by wing2033 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:01 pm

sable wrote:
racer123 wrote:I received the same response as wing2033 when I enquired about changing to the new plan.
This was the response I received.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please note that, OTFree-1 plan is not available for existing customers as at yet. It might be available during this month. If/when it becomes available; your member's facilities will be updated with this plan where you can simply request for a plan change.

Regards,

Venurukshi Perera
Exetel Sales
Exetel Pty Ltd
That is not what wing2033 said
Exetel Sales team just told me that this was not available to existing Exetel customers and that's why it's not showing in Members Facilities area.
I called twice on Sunday and this is the email I received today:
The newly introduced Free ADSL2 plans bundled with mobile cap plans are currently not available for existing ADSL users of Exetel. It is too early at this stage to inform when or whether they will be available for our existing customers.

I apologize that we cannot guarantee this service for existing customers at this time.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:08 pm

tulett wrote:When the new plans are available to existing users, what will the cost be, if any, to change from an Optus Naked plan to the new plans? I am not currently under contract. I want to move to the OTFree2 plan.
By the end of this week.

If you contract for a new contract of 6 months for ADSL1 or 12 months for ADSL2 there will be no plan change charge.

If you just want to change plan and remain on the status of your old contract the charge will be $20.00.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:09 pm

wing2033 wrote:
sable wrote:
racer123 wrote:I received the same response as wing2033 when I enquired about changing to the new plan.
This was the response I received.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please note that, OTFree-1 plan is not available for existing customers as at yet. It might be available during this month. If/when it becomes available; your member's facilities will be updated with this plan where you can simply request for a plan change.

Regards,

Venurukshi Perera
Exetel Sales
Exetel Pty Ltd
That is not what wing2033 said
Exetel Sales team just told me that this was not available to existing Exetel customers and that's why it's not showing in Members Facilities area.
I called twice on Sunday and this is the email I received today:
The newly introduced Free ADSL2 plans bundled with mobile cap plans are currently not available for existing ADSL users of Exetel. It is too early at this stage to inform when or whether they will be available for our existing customers.

I apologize that we cannot guarantee this service for existing customers at this time.
You were advised correctly.

Your interpretation of what you were told is wrong.

anna.chueh

Post by anna.chueh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:27 am

Sorry, a bit slow on the uptake regarding the technical stuff:
(1) Is this plan equivalent to a Naked ADSL with a VoIP account enabled?
(2) If so, does this mean a new moden/router which supports VoIP is needed (to use my existing cordless phone)? Or an ATA?
(3) Will my existing landline number be ported over, or will it be a new number?

Thanks in advance!

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:13 am

anna.chueh wrote:Sorry, a bit slow on the uptake regarding the technical stuff:
(1) Is this plan equivalent to a Naked ADSL with a VoIP account enabled?
(2) If so, does this mean a new moden/router which supports VoIP is needed (to use my existing cordless phone)? Or an ATA?
(3) Will my existing landline number be ported over, or will it be a new number?

Thanks in advance!
For someone who is a "bit slow on the uptake regarding the technical stuff' you show a remarkable grasp of the technical detail/nomenclature and the underhandedness of certain ethicless ISPs.....I wonder how you obtained that intimate knowledge?

1) Exetel is not one of those dishonest ISPs - we don't provide VoIP and pretend its a standard PSTN line. The line is a standard Optus PSTN wire line telephony service.
2) No hardware change is required.
3) Your existing number, if it's a standard PSTN number will be ported over and it can be ported away if you decide to transfer your service to another provider.

anna.chueh

Post by anna.chueh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:58 am

My husband has been reading up :D Thanks for the quick reply and clarification!

Very attractive deal indeed since we spend about $20 for line rental with Telstra and $30 with Exetel for ADSL.

dragon

Post by dragon » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:34 pm

any chance of something similar with naked adsl2+ plans?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:06 pm

dragon wrote:any chance of something similar with naked adsl2+ plans?
Not really.

Naked connections actually cost Exetel only two dollars less per month than connections that include an active wire line - yes, I know - difficult to follow that logic but it's true.

This means there is no 'cross subsidisation' that occurs when the customer cost of a wire line is taken in to the calculations....and no opportunity for a free ADSL service.

You can get the discount off any Exetel ADSL plan by buying an Optus mobile.

speedboatsteve

Post by speedboatsteve » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:20 pm

I am very keen to transfer all my services to the OTFree-1 plan, as soon as it becomes available for members. I am also wondering, if I ordered an additional CAP19 mobile plan, how would that affect the overall price? That being Home Phone + Free ADSL2 + Cap19 + Cap19 = ?? Is it just another $19?

anna.chueh

Post by anna.chueh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:43 pm

A suggestion for your consideration: switching to this plan means changing our mobile provider to Optus, and its quite hard for us to gauge what Cap level we should commit. Ideally it'll be great if we can start at the lowest Cap level, and up it if the need arises without penalty/cost.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:03 pm

anna.chueh wrote: Ideally it'll be great if we can start at the lowest Cap level, and up it if the need arises without penalty/cost.
have you seen something somewhere that suggests that's not possible?

anna.chueh

Post by anna.chueh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:22 pm

No no ... haven't seen anything as such. Just that at the moment it costs money changing to different ADSL plans (in the member's admin section). So I assumed that it'll be similar?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:21 pm

anna.chueh wrote:No no ... haven't seen anything as such. Just that at the moment it costs money changing to different ADSL plans (in the member's admin section). So I assumed that it'll be similar?
I haven't seen anything stated either way, better to confirm with billing though to be sure of the exact situation

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:12 pm

speedboatsteve wrote:I am very keen to transfer all my services to the OTFree-1 plan, as soon as it becomes available for members. I am also wondering, if I ordered an additional CAP19 mobile plan, how would that affect the overall price? That being Home Phone + Free ADSL2 + Cap19 + Cap19 = ?? Is it just another $19?
Yes - and you get the additional discount.