Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Price Increases For Out Of Contract Customers

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:41 pm

Nekcarccm wrote:I was charged $40 on Jan 1 this year, but if I go to OT30 under a new 12 month contract there is no charge for "plan change". Does that mean there is nothing to credit against so I have lost my $40?
If you choose to do that, then yes. But you may as well choose the $40 option, this will get credited back against the previously charged amount and you will end up with an unchanged contract for $0
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

walleke

Post by walleke » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:46 pm

I decided to change plan in order to avoid the $10 increase. As a user with low download on TELI, I think that I will be better of with the T1.5-PAYU.
Can you explain how the price is calculated? it says 1$ per Gb . So if I download in Peak 6.5 Gb is this billed as $6.50? And 1.2 Gb in off-peak as $1.20? If not how much would I pay for this example?
Also I read in several posts that there is no change plan fee.
However if I change plans I need to Agree to:
Agreement:
<snip>
* I agree to the plan change fee being debited to my credit card/bank account.
This doesn't seem right to me. I feel I should be able to change plan without agreeing to the plan change fee. Can this be changed?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:47 pm

JOHNNY_JO_JINX wrote:I raised a ticket 2 days ago, requesting info on how I might migrate to an OT/OC plan from my current NF plan. I assume from the lack of response to date, that residential sales/support has been overwhelmed with similar queries.
Probably. If you post the ticket number I can try to bring it to someone's attention.
JOHNNY_JO_JINX wrote:1. Which new plans have NO $3 admin fee? Can they please be listed?
All current plans (OT, A and OVC) have no $3 admin charge. This $3 admin charge only applies to plans from about 12 months ago; Exetel abolished this charge on new plans a fair time ago.
JOHNNY_JO_JINX wrote:2. Will the existing $3 admin fee still apply to additional services- HSPA, fax, etc., if a customer cancels existing ADSL2 to take up a new OT/OC plan. i.e. if Exetel can tell me how to migrate from NF to OT/OC, and keep my existing additional services, will there still be a $3 admin fee?
Not sure about whether any old HSPA plan still attracts $3 extra. Probably best to ask residentialsales@exetel.com.au for this part of your query (I'll ask it for you once you've posted the ticket number) but also note that the OT and OCV plans have CAP variants that include mobile services with HSPA capabilities too. Not that it answers your question, but it is perhaps of interest to you
JOHNNY_JO_JINX wrote:3. Can a PSTN number ONLY be migrated to a VOIP number on the OC plan? If so, when someone on an OC plan makes a call on the PSTN service, what CLI will display?
PSTN can be migrated to VOIP on any plan. The OCV plans have a "proper" PSTN so you'll have to choose whether you want to keep your PSTN line as is, or migrate your current PSTN to VOIP and get a new one for the phone line. When you make a call on the OCV plan, the PSTN's number is displayed
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:52 pm

walleke wrote:Can you explain how the price is calculated? it says 1$ per Gb . So if I download in Peak 6.5 Gb is this billed as $6.50? And 1.2 Gb in off-peak as $1.20? If not how much would I pay for this example?
$1/GB or part thereof, so $7 and $2 for a total of $9 (I think peak and off-peak are separately billed but I'm not entirely sure about this. It *might* be 6.5GB + 1.2GB = 7.7GB charged at $8 in total)
walleke wrote:Also I read in several posts that there is no change plan fee. However if I change plans I need to Agree to:
Agreement:
<snip>
* I agree to the plan change fee being debited to my credit card/bank account.
This doesn't seem right to me. I feel I should be able to change plan without agreeing to the plan change fee. Can this be changed?
[/quote]I haven't kept up to date with this, but I thought that if you elect a new contract you avoid the plan change fee, or if you got charged one since October, its value offsets any current plan change fee. But if you are just concerned about the wording on the page I guess you can email residentialsales@exetel.com.au instead of using the website.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:55 pm

kozdesign wrote:I'm currently on the very old NAK2A plan.
It charges me $45 a month, and currently I have a service surcharge of $5 a month. ie total $50/month.

Will my service surcharge change from $5 to $10? Or will $10 be added to it, making the surcharge $15?
ie will my new total monthly cost, if I don't do anything, be $55 or $60?

Thanks,
Joshua
$60/month.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 pm

iFX wrote:
paulp wrote: If you move you wont resign for another 12 months. It will carry through
Sorry, are you saying we can take it with us when we move? what are the conditions? as currently we don't know where or when we will be moving... in a few months we will be temporarily moving to another unit while we look for a house... so there will actually be 2 planned moves this year... I'm currently thinking 3G might be our best option until we're settled... what would you recommend?
From what I've read about the new "relocations don't extend contract" the conditions are probably just that you need to stay on Optus infrastructure.

For two successive moves...dunno what would be best. Probably best to confirm via Exetel (if paulp doesn't respond, use residentialsales@exetel.com.au) to ask if two such moves are allowed without any affect on contract and/or what associated costs might be.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:02 pm

matt335 wrote:This is a clear as MUD....Is it possible to talk to someone in EXETEL?
Sure. Ring and speak to sales (see http://www.exetel.com.au/contact.php for queue lengths), number is (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141
matt335 wrote:I cannot find anywhere what bandwidth I am on, I guess I am not looking hard enough. Will my VOIP number stay the same though? And when you say "I get free local calls, etc" do you mean on my VOIP line or another line? Sorry I am ignorant.
By "bandwidth" d5.lam probably means "quota". Check your member facilities for your plan details and see the peak and off-peak download allowances. OCV provides 200GB / month that can be utilised at any time of the day

fishopete

Post by fishopete » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:05 pm

I'm one of those that will be affected by the $10 increase. I have searched for new plans and see that T8-30 has a greater speed & more download limit. And it will be virtually the same cost i am paying now.
Is this some kind of trick ?
How do I know if I can actually download at that speed (8192 kbps down/384 kbps up)
I am currently using the 1500/256 speed.
Also Whirpool Forum mentions that loyal customers may receive a discount for years as customers. So where is this ?
Last edited by fishopete on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nekcarccm

Post by Nekcarccm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:05 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
Nekcarccm wrote:I was charged $40 on Jan 1 this year, but if I go to OT30 under a new 12 month contract there is no charge for "plan change". Does that mean there is nothing to credit against so I have lost my $40?
If you choose to do that, then yes. But you may as well choose the $40 option, this will get credited back against the previously charged amount and you will end up with an unchanged contract for $0
But then I'd be stung with the $10 per month charge. Last month the plans were same cost for same downloads, the only diff was the $40 to stay off contract. If it was going to cost me $10 more just to stay off contract, I would have signed up for the 12 months.

I think there's been a change to the wording since I posted what you replied to. I waiting for clarification on which is the correct wording below:
"From ForumAdmin:
2) If you have paid for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then any charge made will be credited against any charge incurred in signing for a new plan this month.

2) If you have been charged for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then that charge will be refunded to you before the end of February - provided you have selected a new contract when you changed plans this month"

If the later is the correct one then I assume I can still go onto the 12 month contract for OT30 this month and the $40 charge from Jan 1 will be refunded. Again, awaiting confirmation on this.

Cheers

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:06 pm

aparashk wrote:I am on the Z/21INCTEL plan, out of contract. Can I change to OCV200 and keep my PSTN number with that? Or would my current PSTN number need to be made my VOIP number with that plan? Can OCV200 take incoming PSTN line calls? I find this 'Naked', but not really, plan quite confusing.
INCTEL and OCV are both Optus, so I'm sure it is possible to keep your current PSTN line and number unchanged under the OCV plan. The "Naked but not really" plan is really a "ADSL2+ and telephone" plan; the PSTN line is a completely normal phone line and will accept calls as usual.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:11 pm

Nekcarccm wrote:I think there's been a change to the wording since I posted what you replied to. I waiting for clarification on which is the correct wording below:
"From ForumAdmin:
2) If you have paid for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then any charge made will be credited against any charge incurred in signing for a new plan this month.

2) If you have been charged for a plan change since October 1st 2010 then that charge will be refunded to you before the end of February - provided you have selected a new contract when you changed plans this month"

If the later is the correct one then I assume I can still go onto the 12 month contract for OT30 this month and the $40 charge from Jan 1 will be refunded. Again, awaiting confirmation on this.
Ah. I see the confusion now. Effectively you are asking "which plan change/contract extension is reimbursed/reversed; the current one, or the prior one"

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:12 pm

Claaah wrote:I am in a similar situation to some others who have posted.
This seems kind of unfair to me. If I had known this would happen i would have waited a month and changed to one of the "new" plans in Jan, rather than having to change twice - and having to pay twice!

Admin - you mentioned that anyone who changed plans after October '10 will be refunded the plan change fee if they sign up for a new contract, but what about those of us who cannot sign up for a contract!?

This is the first time i have ever been disapointed in exetel's service.

I think that it would be fair for you to allow me to change to the OT30 plan (same price I am paying now but with reduced download limit) without paying the plan change fee, as 1. I already paid to change to what i thought was a "new" plan in December and 2. I would still be paying the same amount but getting less for it, which surely benefits exetel.
I see the ambiguity and confusion now from my prior post one higher. This is probably a similar concern that you face, isn't it?

Nekcarccm

Post by Nekcarccm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:21 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
Nekcarccm wrote:I think there's been a change to the wording since I posted what you replied to. I waiting for clarification on which is the correct wording below:
"From ForumAdmin:

Ah. I see the confusion now. Effectively you are asking "which plan change/contract extension is reimbursed/reversed; the current one, or the prior one"
Sort of. Assuming I sign up for OT30 12 contract now, then I would not incur any "change plan charge" (regardless of what happened last month). Based on that, the way the the first statement is writen, I would not get any refund, because "I would not have incurred a new change plan charge", therefore nothing to credit back against. But other way its written, slight variation, seems to be not tying the refund to any new charges, it's just saying, sign up to 12 months and we'll refund the $40 we charged on Jan 1.

In case I wasn't clear, please note: the two statements with "2)" infront of them have been copied from within these 28 pages. They are one and the same, it's just that at some point it was edited from A to B.

walshie

Post by walshie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:31 pm

Apart from my own account, I look after a couple of others for family and friends, and I see different plans available when I log into the User Facilities for each of them and select Change Service. For two of them, only some ADSL2 and Naked plans are offered. I have some questions:

1. Can we change one of these services from the old TELE plan to the new T1.5-PAYU plan, even though it's not listed under Change Service?

2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, how can this be done when it's not an option under Changed Service?

3. Is the $40 transfer fee still waived if we can somehow enter a new six-month contract with T1.5-PAYU?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:36 pm

walshie wrote:Apart from my own account, I look after a couple of others for family and friends, and I see different plans available when I log into the User Facilities for each of them and select Change Service. For two of them, only some ADSL2 and Naked plans are offered. I have some questions:

1. Can we change one of these services from the old TELE plan to the new T1.5-PAYU plan, even though it's not listed under Change Service?

2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, how can this be done when it's not an option under Changed Service?

3. Is the $40 transfer fee still waived if we can somehow enter a new six-month contract with T1.5-PAYU?
1. Yes.

2. I don't understand how that can be the case - please calls sales and see if they can help you.

3. The order form gives you the option of new contract/no contract