Slow response with member facilities

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
zforum69

Slow response with member facilities

Post by zforum69 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Just wondering if anybody elses is experiencing irritatingly slow repsonse form the member facilities?

Logging in is OK but when I want to do something like view invoices it seems to take a long time before the page comes up with the list of invoices. But once it comes up the first time all subsequent access are quite responsive even after logging out and back in again. Same experience when trying to set SMS PIN, takes a long time before the keypad comes up.

I don't know if the fact I almost always access memeber facilities from outside the extel network (e.g. form work) has anything to do with it.

Any ideas?

Z

tin

Re: Slow response with member facilities

Post by tin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:40 pm

I just tried to show my detailed usage and gave up after about 30 seconds of waiting. Then I tried to go and send an SMS, and closed the window after it hadn't come up in about a minute.

I tried to view my usage yesterday too, and got the same problem.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:25 pm

I just tried to show my detailed usage and gave up after about 30 seconds of waiting. Then I tried to go and send an SMS, and closed the window after it hadn't come up in about a minute.

I tried to view my usage yesterday too, and got the same problem.
Is the delay only with the Exetel member's facility? How about other web sites, do they load without any delay?
I have tried the same link and do not experience any delays getting into the site.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:41 pm

I've noticed this too, ShaminG. The home page https://www.exetel.com.au/members/home.php and its child pages display promptly, but the PHP server scripts that provide the individual usage data for ADSL and the other meters, as well as those for invoices etc, can often be slow to return their values.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:49 pm

I've noticed this too, ShaminG. The home page https://www.exetel.com.au/members/home.php and its child pages display promptly, but the PHP server scripts that provide the individual usage data for ADSL and the other meters, as well as those for invoices etc, can often be slow to return their values.
Thanks for the information :) . I will further investigate the matter with the relevant department and update the thread.

tin

Post by tin » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:57 am

I'm trying to get in to check a relative's plan/usage today to see if we can move them to a different plan... Can't even get into the members area today. :?
Not entirely sure if it's their low connection speed or useless DLink modem/router though. About to try using my mobile phone instead.

For what it's worth, the other day, when I was getting into my account details but having trouble with usage info, I was connecting from a Westnet connection at first, but also had trouble later at home on Exetel.

Edit: Never mind - working fine via my phone. Must be their dodgy ADSL modem
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:08 pm

tin wrote:Edit: Never mind - working fine via my phone. Must be their dodgy ADSL modem
But if you still cannot access the member portal, please send me their details to thejeg@exetel.com.au

gmphoto

Post by gmphoto » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:08 am

Old thread but this is an ongoing annoyance to me as well!

I have access to 2 Exetel accounts, one an ADSL2 account and the other a HSPA WM-D account.

The ADSL2 account is responsive and a joy to use.

The HSPA page is a joke.

The front page loads immediately but to access any of the sub menu items takes up to 2 minutes before they become responsive.

After this initial lag the page is nearly as responsive as the ADSL2 page.

It drives me batty to the point that I do not send SMS's from the HSPA page anymore as it is quicker find my iPhone, load the Exetel app, and send an SMS that way.

Any help would make my life a little less frustrating!

-Gary

Meshal S
Exetel Staff

Post by Meshal S » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:26 am

Hi there,

We have escalated this issue to our system administrators for an attempted resolution; we will follow up on this according to their response. The ticket ID 5414537 is for your reference, we will send you an email from this ticket. Further updates will also be given to you from this ticket.

gmphoto

Post by gmphoto » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks Meshal.