The Exetel 6-year club

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
Post Reply
Godde
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:21 pm

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by Godde » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:56 pm

I joined Exetel in 2004 (had the pioneer discount), but left exetel during 2008 because I was moving around too much at the time. Rejoined in 2009 once I settled down. Would I qualify for this 6 year club? :D

ForumAdmin
Posts: 3663
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:31 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Godde wrote:I joined Exetel in 2004 (had the pioneer discount), but left exetel during 2008 because I was moving around too much at the time. Rejoined in 2009 once I settled down. Would I qualify for this 6 year club? :D
I would think so.

Please send an email to:

paulp@exetel.com.au

Godde
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:21 pm

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by Godde » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:14 pm

Thank you!
I knew exetel wouldn't let me down that's why I went with exetel instead of TPG in 2009!! :mrgreen:

Mulder
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:54 pm

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by Mulder » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:46 am

Service Activation Date: 2004-07-14
A couple of months will see 7 years for me.

Max
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: Newcastle, NSW Australia

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by Max » Mon May 09, 2011 10:55 pm

Had the pleasure of using Exetel since November 2004. I had to check this by going over the usage history! Bring on another 7 years!

trev
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:38 pm
Location: The LAN Downunder

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by trev » Mon May 30, 2011 11:06 pm

January 1999 Telstra (dedicated dial-up modem)
January 2003 iGreen ADSL (acquired by Flow Communications, then iiNet)
-- it took Telstra 3 months to get line sync working, having applied for 512/128 ADSL in mid-October 2002!
June 2004 - left the iiNet shambles for Exetel 1500/256 ADSL
November 2005 Ditched Telstra, added Netcall 512/512 ADSL (acquired by Eftel - no reflection on Exetel, purely for redundancy)

Exetel has been outstanding value and has provided near-perfect service throughout the whole period. So much so, that I easily convince friends and colleagues to join up.

Well done Exetel!

rooscoota
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:48 am
Location: Central West

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by rooscoota » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:21 pm

i wont start a new thread after the 6 yr thread, 2 yrs ago, but today i celebrate 8 yr anniversary, almost due for long service.

any other long termers still with us.

cheers
roo
since: 03/03/04

JJDisco
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by JJDisco » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:22 am

Hi not sure when i signed up with exetel but my forum usage has been since 1st April 2004 and i was connected before then. been with exetel ever since.

What's this pioneer discount thingy. Do I qualify for that?

Damien

rooscoota
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:48 am
Location: Central West

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by rooscoota » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:41 am

heres the date the first 1000 signed up by to qualify for the pioneer discount, looks like you only just missed out. (i'm pretty sure thats how it was determined)
ForumAdmin wrote:
Lothlorien wrote:I have started my 6th year Rooscoota :-)

I joined up on 16 Feb 2005.......does that count?

That's the date Exetel told me when I rang them, but I remember celebrating when Exetel made 1,000 members. Was that 2005 or 2004?
We received our 1,000th application on March 18th 2004:

http://www.exetel.com.au/previous_news.php
it may have been 2005, they didnt start taking applications till the very end of february 2004, i think i actually submitted my application for service about the 28 feb.
since: 03/03/04

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by James » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:16 am

rooscoota wrote:i wont start a new thread after the 6 yr thread, 2 yrs ago, but today i celebrate 8 yr anniversary, almost due for long service.

any other long termers still with us.

cheers
roo
Thank you for your support.

Dr Tezza
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:15 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by Dr Tezza » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:51 am

You got me thinking....

I joined the Exetel forum in early Oct 2005, and transferred my first mobile to Exetel in late Oct '05, with ADSL following shortly after.

Still going strong ! (10 services with Exetel now ! ! )

Must be some reason..... :?:

drtezza

bodogbodog
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by bodogbodog » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Me - I'm sitting on Nov 2004 to March 2012 - 7 years 4 months
Still a very happy Exetel customer with ADSL2, Phone, 2 Mobiles and 1 Mobile Data service

I think anyone with 8 years is probably getting near #1 ticket holder

Exetel - can you say how many "Pioneers" there still are - last time I saw a number mentioned it was 278

JJDisco
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by JJDisco » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:01 am

I just checked my billing, and it seems I used to get the six year club discount of $5, and now I don't

Is there any reason why I've had this discount removed?

Damien

udara
Exetel Staff
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:06 am

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by udara » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:37 am

JJDisco wrote:I just checked my billing, and it seems I used to get the six year club discount of $5, and now I don't

Is there any reason why I've had this discount removed?

Damien
Hi Damien

I'll have someone form the billing team have alook into this and get back to you :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click Here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

==============
Exetel Support Portal
==============

dilinii
Exetel Staff
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:14 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: The Exetel 6-year club

Post by dilinii » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:25 pm

I just checked my billing, and it seems I used to get the six year club discount of $5, and now I don't

Is there any reason why I've had this discount removed?

The above forum post has been dealt with email reference 4923026.

Please reply to that email if you have further concerns.

Post Reply