Referrals Information Incorrect

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Exetel's public web site
bodogbodog

Referrals Information Incorrect

Post by bodogbodog » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:18 am

https://www.exetel.com.au/members/referral.php says
"Reduce Your Monthly Broadband Charges
Exetel will credit your monthly broadband access charges by $10.00 if another customer applies for, and is successful in getting, a new ADSL1/ADSL2/HSPA service with Exetel based on your service number being entered in to the application form.

Exetel will credit your monthly broadband access charges by $10.00 if a customer using another ISP’s ADSL1 service "churns" to an ADSL1 service with Exetel based on your service number being entered in to the application form"

I believe the $10 is incorrect and it should now be $30

While we're at it the page that the link for "How to Reduce Your Monthly Mobile Charges" refers seems to be out of date as it links to a meaningless message

ForumAdmin

Re: Referrals Information Incorrect

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:40 pm

I will ask for it to be fixed.

melanieb
Exetel Staff

Post by melanieb » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:16 am

Hi bodogbodog,

Referring a customer actually does receive $10. However if you would like to become a Lite Agent you can receive $30 per sign up.

We will have that link you have mentioned removed.

Thank you.

Melanie

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:30 pm

melanieb wrote:Hi bodogbodog,
Referring a customer actually does receive $10. However if you would like to become a Lite Agent you can receive $30 per sign up.
We will have that link you have mentioned removed.
Thank you.
Melanie
Really are you sure that is correct? - check out this thread on referals @ viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37621 and here's a quote from the February Exetel newsletter to customers:

"Increased ADSL Referral Bonus
From 1st February 2011 the bonus for recommending a new residential ADSL user to Exetel will increase to $30.00 per successful referral (successful = a user who actually connects).
The bonus will be paid as a credit on the referrer’s next invoice after the referral has been connected."

Is that no longer correct? - if so I suggest that customers be advised of that fact in the next newsletter

I am already a LITE Agent but I haven't bothered using that as my referral reference with people since February as I was working on what was in the February newsletter ie $30 for any customer putting referals through

So can you confirm the current situation - and if anyone can get $30 per referal as I think is the case is there any point in being an Exetel LITE agent
Am I also safe in telling my friends that they will get a $10 credit when they sign up with Exetel if they quote my referal? - I am completely confused now as to what I get and what, if anything they get using the standard customer and the Exetel LITE agent referal schemes