Number of "free calls" switching plan

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Exetel's public web site
frumbert

Number of "free calls" switching plan

Post by frumbert » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi
I was going to switch my plan since I'm obviously paying about twice as much as I should be. But I noticed on my "Change Service" page that it said I could have 9,000 free calls per month. Seemed high. See screenshot below:

I clicked APPLY and got to the next screen. This number is now shown as 3,000 free calls.

Before I apply to change my plan to one worth half as much for nearly twice the download, I'd like to clarify the actual terms here.

1. Is it 9,000 or 3,000? Wording is different on different pages for the same operation.

2. Are the included calls to Optus phones only, or calls to Optus mobiles only? Wording is ambiguous.

3. When I call a mobile, this is charged at 35c per minute. It notes there is also a 35c connection fee. The wording is not clear: is the first minute is 35c to connect including the first minute, and 35c for each minute after, or is the first minute is actually 70c with each subsequent minute being 35c afterwards. Please change the wording to clear this up.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Number of "free calls" switching plan

Post by Dazzled » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:34 pm

This website inconsistency was raised recently, if my memory still works, and a fix is in hand. For plans with free calls, my understanding is that it's 3000 call minutes in total per month, not total number of calls, and applies to ordinary calls on the included PSTN service to standard phone numbers, local and national, whoever services the called number; and also to PSTN calls to Optus mobiles.

If it has become 9000 when I was inattentive would someone set me straight please?

The charges quoted apply to plans without free inclusions, and to call types not included in the bundle. If you make National calls on a plan without the free minutes it would be a good idea to use VoIP for these. Connection charges where applicable are incurred the moment the phone is answered, similar to a taxi meter.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:09 pm

frumbert wrote:
1. Is it 9,000 or 3,000? Wording is different on different pages for the same operation.
There will be 9000 free minutes
frumbert wrote:2. Are the included calls to Optus phones only, or calls to Optus mobiles only? Wording is ambiguous.
You get 9000 minutes free to call any landline (any infrastructure) and mobiles under OPTUS network only
frumbert wrote:3. When I call a mobile, this is charged at 35c per minute. It notes there is also a 35c connection fee. The wording is not clear: is the first minute is 35c to connect including the first minute, and 35c for each minute after, or is the first minute is actually 70c with each subsequent minute being 35c afterwards. Please change the wording to clear this up.
If you take mobile calls other than to Optus network, you will be charged 35 cents per minute and there would be a flag fall of 35 cents as well, which makes the first minute 70 cents.
Last edited by Gidget on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed up quoting

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:05 am

Thanks EromalR for clearing up 3000/9000 for this group of plans.