HSDPA Outage in Melbourne??

Wireless broadband over 3G/4G
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: HSDPA Outage in Melbourne??

Post by KavindaS » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:21 pm

mooboo wrote:hi I have thesw issues as well

sometimes I can get through to a website and sometimes it times out

and its not slow - when the site doesnt load with 2 seconds or so it always times out - and requests to a a single site always time out for a period - then next day that site will be fine and another sit becomes inaccesible

can u fix plz ? i have pmed you my number - let me know if i need to provide other info

Hi,

I was able to make the changes in your connection. Please re connect the service and check as it should be fine now. :)

sparkyness

Post by sparkyness » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Seems like this issue has reared it's head again. Have logged support ticket.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:50 pm

sparkyness wrote:Seems like this issue has reared it's head again. Have logged support ticket.
Hi,

Could you please PM me your service number or update the thread with your support ticket reference number.

sparkyness

Post by sparkyness » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:19 pm

PM'ed.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:51 pm

sparkyness wrote:PM'ed.
Received and thanks . According to that I have emailed back to you. Please re check and reply back to the same email with the out come of it.

sparkyness

Post by sparkyness » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Still not working apparently - modem is logged in. My girlfriend is using the modem at her house, and I am not there....so slightly difficult to resolve on her behalf but I'm trying :D

Can pass on any instructions to her if required. Have already got her to try flushing the dns and ipconfig /release & /renew commands. No luck.

Cheers,
Simon

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:13 pm

sparkyness wrote:Still not working apparently - modem is logged in. My girlfriend is using the modem at her house, and I am not there....so slightly difficult to resolve on her behalf but I'm trying :D

Can pass on any instructions to her if required. Have already got her to try flushing the dns and ipconfig /release & /renew commands. No luck.

Cheers,
Simon
Hi Simon,

Have made some more changes and I replied to you through the ticket 4457184. Please reply back to that as advised. :)

Spinb

Post by Spinb » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi, I am in Melbourne for this week and am having the same problems as the OP the only difference is my location. Some pages will load and some will not. I have submitted a ticket, number 4492802, any help you can give will be appreciated.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Hi, I am in Melbourne for this week and am having the same problems as the OP the only difference is my location. Some pages will load and some will not. I have submitted a ticket, number 4492802, any help you can give will be appreciated.
I have made some changes to the service. Could you please re-connect and let me know the status.

Spinb

Post by Spinb » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:01 pm

ShaminG wrote:
I have made some changes to the service. Could you please re-connect and let me know the status.
Thats working much better. Thank you.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Thats working much better. Thank you.
Thanks for your confirmation :D

bowjjj

Post by bowjjj » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:38 pm

I've been having same problems as others here when I visit Melbourne once a month. All works fine at home in Albury...
Seems the same at many locations in and near city. I've tried a few modems, different times of the day. Service in city seemed OK until
the last few months. Is there anything that can be fixed from the users end? Optus HSPA seems to work fine, just not exetel...
Thanks, Jim

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:34 am

I've been having same problems as others here when I visit Melbourne once a month. All works fine at home in Albury...
Seems the same at many locations in and near city. I've tried a few modems, different times of the day. Service in city seemed OK until
the last few months. Is there anything that can be fixed from the users end? Optus HSPA seems to work fine, just not exetel...
Thanks, Jim
As we have diagnosed for the previous posts, an IP change was required on those services to re-connect in the correct routing path.

Please let me know if you experience with the issue again, so we can investigate the incident and find a permanent solution.

bowjjj

Post by bowjjj » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi, I've tried to pm my service number a few times but just get an error message when I do.
service number is 0466166668 .Still quit unuseable in Melbourne. No google ebay or hotmail... :(
Thanks Jim

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:17 pm

bowjjj wrote:Hi, I've tried to pm my service number a few times but just get an error message when I do.
service number is 0466166668 .Still quit unuseable in Melbourne. No google ebay or hotmail... :(
Thanks Jim
Hi Jim,

I made the necessary changes according to your service. Please unplug the device re plug and monitor it. Let me know if further issues after monitoring :)