1. We do not offer Naked ADSL2 plans anymore thus, you will not find new Naked ADSL2 plans to change from the currentrukshani wrote:I have passed this on to a sales supervisor who will advise you over it.csouter wrote:Hi, all!
Like many other Exetel users, I recently received the email outlining the projected changes at Exetel, with special
regard to those Exetel customers who were out of contract, but using an Optus service.
I finally got around to logging into my User Facilities today, and I found the red "Renew" button.
I also wanted to look at the other plans I could be shifted to, if I don't renew before 27th November.
What I discovered has raised a few questions in my mind, which I hope someone will be kind enough to answer for me. My actual
questions are in BOLD font.
I can only see plans which involve renting an Optus landline (PSTN) service, either with or without an included monthly call allowance, and
there are no Naked DSL plans on offer.
Now, I am on a Naked DSL service, (NF23/NOTEL), so I would like to know what it would mean for me if I do not press the "Renew"
button before 2011-11-27. Will my naked DSL service be terminated, to be replaced by a service which includes a landline?
Also, I see that the list of charges for the current plans, (OT-20, OF-20, OT-100, OF-100, OT-200 and OF-200), shows separate
components for the ADSL2+ service charge and the telephone line rental charges. (For example, the OT-20 plan shows $19.50 per month
for ADSL2+ access, and $20.00 per month for line rental). Should the prospective user add those two amounts together, to arrive at a
total monthly charge of $39.50?
I also note that the charges for calls on the landline (PSTN) component are considerably higher than what I currently enjoy, using my integrated
I'm really finding it difficult to decide whether to renew my current Naked DSL plan, or to choose one of the new plans offered.
One final question: Is the Naked DSL service really no longer being offered by Exetel, and, if this is the case, what will happen to my
telephone number? I really do not want to change my home telephone number.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer me.
Best regards to all
Christopher (Chris) Souter
(Sydney, NSW, Australia)
2. Your old Naked ADSL2 plan may not be serviceable in the future, but your plan will not be changed to a bundled plan unless you change it
3. Yes the new plans are bundled plans thus, you have to total the monthly rental in 2 components. One - telephone rental of $20, Two - the ADSL rental of $29.50, $39.50 etc
4. You currently have a VOIP service with the Naked ADSL2 servcie. Definitely the prices are lower than having a PSTN service
5. With your current Naked NF23/NOTEL plan, you must be paying around $63 a month as monthly rental and on top of this the Voip charges. If you 'renew' your service will be under the same plan. But, if you check the new plans, OT-100 is only $49.50 a month for 200GB (100Gb during peak and another 100GB during off peak). You save money. This includes a telephone service as well and you can retain your Voip number/service.
6. With the Naked service, currently you do not have a telephone service eventhough you have mentioned that you have one. However, if Exetel is discontinuing your old Naked ADSL2 plan, you should re-contract your current plan or change your plan to a new plan under a new contract. If not, you should find another service provider and arrange a transfer of your number if you do not wish to lose it.