wireless usage metering

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
rickxs

wireless usage metering

Post by rickxs » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:05 am

Well I hope someone can make sense of the following.
After moving house from ADSL2 I now am suffering the 3G wireless Broadband 18gb plan
1 I've looked everywhere to find a usage meter, as the toid's does not work , Net usage meter for firefox does not work
so it's in to the good 'ole members area to negotiate the figures there, I have included a screenshot so you may follow my angst :evil:

2 the billing month is the 28th of the month to the 27th of the next month ie the 27th being the Last day of that cycle
so my question is look at the screenshot & tell me why the 27th's amounts are included in this month's usage, i could ignore that block but there is a 28th stuck in there for good measure .

3 is this really good enough when you need a calculator to find out how much data one has used !!
Real time usage starts on the the 28th it says, but why the one amount under Cap plan of 464652 kb

with the supplier Optus running about 2 days behind in their data usage ,this is a dogs dinner way of presenting to anyone how much they have used
I do not intent to go over 18gb & incur excess charges ,but would like to use 18gb not some guestimate
is there any news on a real time usage meter ? can something be done to simplify this ?
can you see the dilemma here ? last months was even worse with a 26th's usage included
Rick
Attachments
exetel.jpg
exetel.jpg (133.74 KiB) Viewed 1886 times

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Re: wireless usage metering

Post by rukshani » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:51 pm

rickxs wrote:Well I hope someone can make sense of the following.
After moving house from ADSL2 I now am suffering the 3G wireless Broadband 18gb plan
1 I've looked everywhere to find a usage meter, as the toid's does not work , Net usage meter for firefox does not work
so it's in to the good 'ole members area to negotiate the figures there, I have included a screenshot so you may follow my angst :evil:

2 the billing month is the 28th of the month to the 27th of the next month ie the 27th being the Last day of that cycle
so my question is look at the screenshot & tell me why the 27th's amounts are included in this month's usage, i could ignore that block but there is a 28th stuck in there for good measure .

3 is this really good enough when you need a calculator to find out how much data one has used !!
Real time usage starts on the the 28th it says, but why the one amount under Cap plan of 464652 kb

with the supplier Optus running about 2 days behind in their data usage ,this is a dogs dinner way of presenting to anyone how much they have used
I do not intent to go over 18gb & incur excess charges ,but would like to use 18gb not some guestimate
is there any news on a real time usage meter ? can something be done to simplify this ?
can you see the dilemma here ? last months was even worse with a 26th's usage included
Rick
I have passed this on to the billing team leader who will shortly advise you over it.

Thushari
Exetel Staff

Post by Thushari » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:30 pm

rukshani wrote:Well I hope someone can make sense of the following.
Could you please PM your service number to investigate this query.

rickxs

Post by rickxs » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:38 am

OK pm sent

Thushari
Exetel Staff

Post by Thushari » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:35 am

rickxs wrote:OK pm sent
I have received the details today. I will investigate and give you a feedback as soon as possible.

rickxs

Post by rickxs » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Thushari wrote:
rickxs wrote:OK pm sent
I have received the details today. I will investigate and give you a feedback as soon as possible.
I have just had a thought about this metering :idea:
your now adding real time usage at the members page -so what is wrong in just having that table only , not the cap plan usage running 2-3 days behind .
Someone is supplying Exetel with this data ,maybe Exetel maybe Optus
OK, I hear an argument ''that it is not exact compared to cap plan'' ----well --- why is it their for & what is i'ts point? the cap plan will not be accurate 2 days behind !! Real time data is an aid to us customers to be somewhere around the mark of usage . so then it follows, a meter could then be made of that real time data

is this not rational thinking ?

Rick

Thushari
Exetel Staff

Post by Thushari » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:28 pm

rickxs wrote:I have just had a thought about this metering :idea:
your now adding real time usage at the members page -so what is wrong in just having that table only , not the cap plan usage running 2-3 days behind .
Someone is supplying Exetel with this data ,maybe Exetel maybe Optus
OK, I hear an argument ''that it is not exact compared to cap plan'' ----well --- why is it their for & what is i'ts point? the cap plan will not be accurate 2 days behind !! Real time data is an aid to us customers to be somewhere around the mark of usage . so then it follows, a meter could then be made of that real time data

is this not rational thinking ?
We are currently looking to this query. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

rickxs

Post by rickxs » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:32 am

Ok--- I hope so