Can a domain name be changed at any time?

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
compositor

Can a domain name be changed at any time?

Post by compositor » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:46 pm

I had ordered a new domain name via Exetel and subsequently transferred it to another registrar since I wasn't informed of there being any additional "domain hosting" charges but my actual web hosting uses an old name which is no longer registered.

My question is can this be changed or do I need to order fresh web hosting?

James
Exetel Staff

Re: Can a domain name be changed at any time?

Post by James » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:06 am

compositor wrote:I had ordered a new domain name via Exetel and subsequently transferred it to another registrar since I wasn't informed of there being any additional "domain hosting" charges but my actual web hosting uses an old name which is no longer registered.

My question is can this be changed or do I need to order fresh web hosting?
i've sent you an emaila bout how to fix this.

compositor

Post by compositor » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:22 pm

Indeed a Senior Engineer was able to change the "domain name" of the website, of which I am most grateful.

Would it be possible now to delete the database in order so I can start again, since I don't seem to be able to do this myself in the control panel.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:23 am

compositor wrote:Indeed a Senior Engineer was able to change the "domain name" of the website, of which I am most grateful.

Would it be possible now to delete the database in order so I can start again, since I don't seem to be able to do this myself in the control panel.
Please reply to the ticket you have open.

compositor

Post by compositor » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi James,

This was part of the problem, I cannot respond to Tickets, only emails, which is the reason I have come here and while I am most happy that Exetel have been able to change my web hosting, I do believe much can be done in the area of customer service since it has taken many paths whereas had I been able to access a ticket directly there would have been only a single line of communication rather than the plethora of questions as already demonstrated.

SysAdmin

Post by SysAdmin » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:18 pm

compositor wrote:Hi James,

This was part of the problem, I cannot respond to Tickets, only emails, which is the reason I have come here and while I am most happy that Exetel have been able to change my web hosting, I do believe much can be done in the area of customer service since it has taken many paths whereas had I been able to access a ticket directly there would have been only a single line of communication rather than the plethora of questions as already demonstrated.
Hi,

If you have the ticket id, can you please point me at it. Otherwise can you please provide me with the details of the site, etc?

Andrew

compositor

Post by compositor » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi,

As unfortunate as it is for myself as a customer to not have access to the helpdesk being a web hosting only customer, I am however wanting to remain hopeful for the future.

Another question I have is, is it possible to have my web hosting as a subdomain from another registrar?

Hoping for a clear reply.

lingg

Post by lingg » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:09 am

compositor wrote:Hi,

As unfortunate as it is for myself as a customer to not have access to the helpdesk being a web hosting only customer, I am however wanting to remain hopeful for the future.
You can always email hosting@exetel.com.au without a member facility login.
compositor wrote: Another question I have is, is it possible to have my web hosting as a subdomain from another registrar?
You can have your web hosting with subdomain, for eg: xxxx.yourdomain.com

If this doesn't answer your question, please send the details of what exactly you want to setup, to hosting@exetel.com.au.