New Bundled ADSL/Wire Line/Mobile Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Korshca

Re: New Bundled ADSL/Wire Line/Mobile Plans

Post by Korshca » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:51 pm

I am currently on a naked with voip plan (ONA) and am considering changing over to the ADSL OF-10
I wanted to know if I have to reconnect my phone line to Telstra/optus to reactivate it, or are there extra costs from exetel to reconnect???
Also if I find the 10 not enough can I upgrade to the 20 at a later date???
Thanks Nicole

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:27 pm

Korshca wrote:I am currently on a naked with voip plan (ONA) and am considering changing over to the ADSL OF-10
I wanted to know if I have to reconnect my phone line to Telstra/optus to reactivate it, or are there extra costs from exetel to reconnect???
Also if I find the 10 not enough can I upgrade to the 20 at a later date???
Thanks Nicole
You may submit a plan change request for an OF-10 plan via your Exetel Members Facilities, we can activate the telephone line for you.
The plan change fee is currently $20.
If the OF-20 plan is available at the time you decide to change, an upgrade would be possible.

autron

Post by autron » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:10 pm

remosha wrote:The plan change fee is currently $20
What happened to the free plan changes until 30th April? That message was headlining the change plan section in the user facilities a few weeks ago. Then it was gone even before the end of March.

mattjen85

Post by mattjen85 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:02 pm

I apologise if this is in the wrong forum. I thought of contacting support directly but there may be others wanting to do similar to what I describe below.
I am on this bundled OCV200/19 plan which the contract has finished up a few months ago. I was hoping to change to OPF3 and bundle the M15 mobile plan. What are the conversion fees, and what will the final monthly cost be? Hopefully not too much, as I am very happy with the Exetel service.

Thanks in advance.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:14 pm

mattjen85 wrote:I apologise if this is in the wrong forum. I thought of contacting support directly but there may be others wanting to do similar to what I describe below.
I am on this bundled OCV200/19 plan which the contract has finished up a few months ago. I was hoping to change to OPF3 and bundle the M15 mobile plan. What are the conversion fees, and what will the final monthly cost be? Hopefully not too much, as I am very happy with the Exetel service.

Thanks in advance.
Please log in to your members facility and click on 'manage services - ADSL' then pick 'change service'. You will get all the details in here. Please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au for assistance. You may check for mobile plan options in the same members facility by clicking on 'mobile broadband/mobile'.

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:43 am

Hello,

I have some bundling questions.

Currently, I have ADSL2+ with Exetel. I'm on a Tel$ra plan, as that's all my exchange allows (unfortunately). My home phone is provided by Telstra too, regular old PSTN phone.

I'd like to look at bundling my home phone with my ADSL2+. Can I do this? Do I get a bundling discount? To be clear, I'm NOT interested in VOIP.

The slight fly in the ointment is that I'm currently at home with the folks, and the home phone is in their name. I presume I can't swap the phone to Exetel without me getting "full authority" on the account? I should be able to get that permission though.

My final question is, are Exetel just an Optus reseller? I ask, because I don't have access to any of the Optus Internet plans, so does that mean I can't have access to them as a phone carrier?

Cheers,
Brad

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Yabbie wrote:Hello,

I have some bundling questions.

Currently, I have ADSL2+ with Exetel. I'm on a Tel$ra plan, as that's all my exchange allows (unfortunately). My home phone is provided by Telstra too, regular old PSTN phone.

I'd like to look at bundling my home phone with my ADSL2+. Can I do this? Do I get a bundling discount? To be clear, I'm NOT interested in VOIP.

The slight fly in the ointment is that I'm currently at home with the folks, and the home phone is in their name. I presume I can't swap the phone to Exetel without me getting "full authority" on the account? I should be able to get that permission though.

My final question is, are Exetel just an Optus reseller? I ask, because I don't have access to any of the Optus Internet plans, so does that mean I can't have access to them as a phone carrier?

Cheers,
Brad
-Yes you can bundle the telephone with Exetel. The monthly rental would be $25 with a 12 month contract.
-In order to get a bundling discount, you should transfer it under an Optus infrastructure service with Exetel. Please contact us or email us on residentialsales@exetel.com.au to check for service availability

-Yes you need their authority to transfer the PSTN to Exetel.

-Yes Exetel is an Optus reseller as well as AAPT and Telstra for residential grade ADSL services.
-You can have access but availability should be checked first.

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:45 am

EromalR wrote:My final question is, are Exetel just an Optus reseller? I ask, because I don't have access to any of the Optus Internet plans, so does that mean I can't have access to them as a phone carrier?
-Yes Exetel is an Optus reseller as well as AAPT and Telstra for residential grade ADSL services.
Hi Again,

I've ordered a bundling service (ADSL2+ and wireline phone). As my exchange is all Telstra (to the best of my knowledge), that means my ADSL2+ and phone will all be Telstra supplied. That's fine by me.

I received an email from Exetel saying once the change over is made, I can cancel my account with my current provider (Telstra). Can anyone help me here? Do I just call the accounts part of Telstra and tell them I want to close my account? Since Exetel is just reselling a Telstra service, I'm worried Telstra will actually cut off my phone (by mistake). Is there some particular terminology to use, to make sure I don't get cut off completely?

Also, what happens if down the track, I have a problem with my phone (I mean a physical problem, like a faulty phone line)? Do I still call Telstra?

Thank you in advance,

Brad

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:50 am

Yabbie wrote:
EromalR wrote:My final question is, are Exetel just an Optus reseller? I ask, because I don't have access to any of the Optus Internet plans, so does that mean I can't have access to them as a phone carrier?
Hi Again,

I've ordered a bundling service (ADSL2+ and wireline phone). As my exchange is all Telstra (to the best of my knowledge), that means my ADSL2+ and phone will all be Telstra supplied. That's fine by me.

I received an email from Exetel saying once the change over is made, I can cancel my account with my current provider (Telstra). Can anyone help me here? Do I just call the accounts part of Telstra and tell them I want to close my account? Since Exetel is just reselling a Telstra service, I'm worried Telstra will actually cut off my phone (by mistake). Is there some particular terminology to use, to make sure I don't get cut off completely?

Also, what happens if down the track, I have a problem with my phone (I mean a physical problem, like a faulty phone line)? Do I still call Telstra?

Thank you in advance,

Brad

Hi Brad,

If you have received a telephone transfer completion confirmation from Exetel, you may contact your previous Telephone service provider and inform that the line is now transfered to another provider and you would like to close the account with Tesltra so that you will not be billed by them in the future.

If you have any issues with your telephony service, you may call Exetel for service rectification.

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:53 am

remosha wrote:Hi Brad,

If you have received a telephone transfer completion confirmation from Exetel, you may contact your previous Telephone service provider and inform that the line is now transfered to another provider and you would like to close the account with Tesltra so that you will not be billed by them in the future.

If you have any issues with your telephony service, you may call Exetel for service rectification.
Hi,

That clears things up nicely. Thanks!

Brad

Robbo67

Post by Robbo67 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 pm

I've been with Exetel since 2008 and have been very pleased with my service.

I'll be moving to Leopold Vic which has only Telstra DSLAM as zone 2.
I'm currently on the Moolap Vic exchange on OPTUS DSLAM on the OT30 plan.

I understand I'll have to apply for a new connection with a Telstra line.
Apparently there is a Telstra phone at the place I'm moving to however more than like apply for a new number. Are Exetel able to sort out with Telstra the connection and setting me up with T20-3-R plan with bundled line rental?

If not, how do I organize getting Telstra to setup a new number budget line for my ADSL2 service knowing I'll be going with Optus bundle plan?

Just seems too hard to move services from on place to another due to equipment in exchange belonging to carriers. I've read forums and are confused to choosing a reasonable option.

I would have thought Leopold to at least have Optus or third party DSLAM?

What's my best option? I like to stay with Exetel using Telstra line.

Naked would be great but not sure it's possible.

Have a month before I move and would like to get it moving.

Rob

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:02 pm

Robbo67 wrote:I've been with Exetel since 2008 and have been very pleased with my service.

I'll be moving to Leopold Vic which has only Telstra DSLAM as zone 2.
I'm currently on the Moolap Vic exchange on OPTUS DSLAM on the OT30 plan.

I understand I'll have to apply for a new connection with a Telstra line.
Apparently there is a Telstra phone at the place I'm moving to however more than like apply for a new number. Are Exetel able to sort out with Telstra the connection and setting me up with T20-3-R plan with bundled line rental?

If not, how do I organize getting Telstra to setup a new number budget line for my ADSL2 service knowing I'll be going with Optus bundle plan?

Just seems too hard to move services from on place to another due to equipment in exchange belonging to carriers. I've read forums and are confused to choosing a reasonable option.

I would have thought Leopold to at least have Optus or third party DSLAM?

What's my best option? I like to stay with Exetel using Telstra line.

Naked would be great but not sure it's possible.

Have a month before I move and would like to get it moving.

Rob
Hi Rob,

We can move your service to a Telstra based service and activate the landline component, give the sales team a call tomorrow and they'll help you through it.

James

Robbo67

Post by Robbo67 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:18 pm

Thanks James.

I sent an email only a week ago to Exetel and was advised I had to call Telstra to organize a new connection.
Thought was all to awkward and should be done by Exetel if I'm also having bundled plan.

I tried looking for T20-3-R plan on the Exetel site today and it appears they have disappeared?

Is there a later plan?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi Rob,

These are the current plans; http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl_wide.php we can order a new phone line for you on your behalf when you order, it is $25.00 per month.

James

drewey10

Post by drewey10 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Im looking at the new bundles being offered by exetel at the moment. $39.95 for 500gb, plus $20 for phone rental.
im an existing customer, very long term. Currently paying $67.50 for 200gb, and $20 for phone rental. We also have 3 mobiles with exetel. Spending close to $140 per month.
I called up hoping to save some $$$, only to be told, the good deals are only available to people who call up off the street, not long term, loyal customers who spend a fortune with exetel every month.

How can this possibly be?

Surely exetel want to look after their loyal customers.