iPhone Personal Hotspot Not Available

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
chronographer

iPhone Personal Hotspot Not Available

Post by chronographer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi there

I am on plan M15 and was just activated today. My phone works, I receive texts/calls. I can browse the internet. All is good except for WiFi Hotspot, internet sharing.

I called up about this before I signed up and was assured that it was supported now.

So, what is the procedure for enabling 'Personal Hotspot' on my phone?

I have an iPhone 4 and was with Telstra before, and it was available at "Settings" -> "Personal Hotspot". This worked.

Now that menu item is gone, and the item at "Settings" -> "General" -> "Network" -> "Set up Personal Hotspot" says "To enable Personal Hotspot on this account, contact OPTUS.

What should I do?

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: iPhone Personal Hotspot Not Available

Post by stevecJ » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:17 pm

chronographer wrote:Hi there

I am on plan M15 and was just activated today. My phone works, I receive texts/calls. I can browse the internet. All is good except for WiFi Hotspot, internet sharing.

I called up about this before I signed up and was assured that it was supported now.

So, what is the procedure for enabling 'Personal Hotspot' on my phone?

I have an iPhone 4 and was with Telstra before, and it was available at "Settings" -> "Personal Hotspot". This worked.

Now that menu item is gone, and the item at "Settings" -> "General" -> "Network" -> "Set up Personal Hotspot" says "To enable Personal Hotspot on this account, contact OPTUS.

What should I do?
Hi,

Firstly you need to enable the 'Tethering' form your secure Members area.

---> Go to "Manage services"
---> Then to "Wireless broadband& mobile"
---> select the "Tethering" tab from the top of the page
---> Read through the charges and at the bottom of the page you will see a "enable" button,in front of your mobile number.

Once the above is done, you can follow the steps below in order to set up the hotspot feature on the iphone 4.

Go to - Settings -> Genral -> Network -> Personal Hotspot (on/off)

Thereafter to just switch the feature on & off :

Go to - Settings - > Personal Hotspot on/off
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

chronographer

Post by chronographer » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi thanks for your prompt response.

Should I need to set up my APN? Or will it sort itself out?

Also, is it normal for it to take a little while getting set up? I enabled it in the user facilities and received the SMS confirming this. But I can't enable it yet... I just wait a bit, right?

Thanks again.

ruzkyz
Exetel Staff

Post by ruzkyz » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:29 pm

HI ,

Hope your connection should be working with enabling the Personal Hot Spot.

If It request for an APN please try to download the iPhone Configuration Utility software from apple site which suits your operating system and connect you iPhone to iTunes.

Please enter the APN and install.

Thanks

SpaceMonkey

Post by SpaceMonkey » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:49 am

Hi,
I'm currently on Plan WM - D and when I select the Apple iPhone Tethering option on the user services I get the message "Tethering is not available for your service." which current plans support tethering and how quickly can I get changed over to one of them?

saadbafik
Exetel Staff

Post by saadbafik » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:41 am

SpaceMonkey wrote:Hi,
I'm currently on Plan WM - D and when I select the Apple iPhone Tethering option on the user services I get the message "Tethering is not available for your service." which current plans support tethering and how quickly can I get changed over to one of them?
Hi,

Can you please drop a mail to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au along with your Mobile Number?

Regards,
Saad B

SpaceMonkey

Post by SpaceMonkey » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:27 am

saadbafik wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:Hi,
Hi,

Can you please drop a mail to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au along with your Mobile Number?

Regards,
Saad B
Cheers, email sent