can not "send" emails

Email setup and troubleshooting
unclejohnny

can not "send" emails

Post by unclejohnny » Wed May 09, 2012 9:15 am

Hi
I have developed a problem where I can not “send” emails
I have Office & Express and the problem is in both
I have tried the normal things, Office “detect & repair”, turning off my firewalls, anti-virus etc,
If I go into “Accounts” and send a test email, then it works, and I receive the test email in my inbox
If I choose “Drafts”, compose an email, then “send”, go to the outbox and “send/receive”, it goes through the motions, but it is not “sent”
In Express I get the following messages, in Office, nothing
After the send/receive procedure the email it still there, but if I then right click, and “Forward”, a new email window is opened, and I then can send that, but the original email is still in the outbox
I have been with Exetel for a long long time, using the same email addresses and have never had a problem
Regards Johnno

The connection to the server has failed. Account: '(name removed)@exemail.com.au', Server: 'smtp.nsw.exemail.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '(name removed)@exemail.com.au'. Subject 'test', Account: '(name removed)@exemail.com.au', Server: 'smtp.nsw.exemail.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relay not permitted', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

James
Exetel Staff

Re: can not "send" emails

Post by James » Wed May 09, 2012 9:42 am

unclejohnny wrote:Hi
I have developed a problem where I can not “send” emails
I have Office & Express and the problem is in both
I have tried the normal things, Office “detect & repair”, turning off my firewalls, anti-virus etc,
If I go into “Accounts” and send a test email, then it works, and I receive the test email in my inbox
If I choose “Drafts”, compose an email, then “send”, go to the outbox and “send/receive”, it goes through the motions, but it is not “sent”
In Express I get the following messages, in Office, nothing
After the send/receive procedure the email it still there, but if I then right click, and “Forward”, a new email window is opened, and I then can send that, but the original email is still in the outbox
I have been with Exetel for a long long time, using the same email addresses and have never had a problem
Regards Johnno

The connection to the server has failed. Account: '(name removed)@exemail.com.au', Server: 'smtp.nsw.exemail.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '(name removed)@exemail.com.au'. Subject 'test', Account: '(name removed)@exemail.com.au', Server: 'smtp.nsw.exemail.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relay not permitted', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
Might be a silly question, but are you usign your Exetel connection to send this email?

unclejohnny

Post by unclejohnny » Wed May 09, 2012 9:54 am

Might be a silly question, but are you usign your Exetel connection to send this email?
It was not an email (I assume "usign" was meant to be "using")
It is a Forum Post
I signed in using my Forum ID and Exetel membership number
I am not having any other issues with my machine, I can use Firefox etc, I can also send emails through third party accounts, and also, as stated, I can "Forward" an email

shoner

Post by shoner » Wed May 09, 2012 10:15 am

unclejohnny wrote:Might be a silly question, but are you usign your Exetel connection to send this email?
It was not an email (I assume "usign" was meant to be "using")
It is a Forum Post
I signed in using my Forum ID and Exetel membership number
I am not having any other issues with my machine, I can use Firefox etc, I can also send emails through third party accounts, and also, as stated, I can "Forward" an email
Are you using your Exetel internet connection or are on on a different ISP's Internet connection.

If you are using the Exetel internet connection, it should work.
If you are using a different internet connection from another ISP then try using their outgoing SMTP server settings.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

unclejohnny

Post by unclejohnny » Wed May 09, 2012 10:41 am

Hi Shoner
I only have the one ISP ... Exetel

"This will involve selecting the setting "this server requires a secure connection (ssl)" in your mail program"
I checked this box and then received another error message

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed May 09, 2012 10:52 am

unclejohnny wrote:Hi Shoner
I only have the one ISP ... Exetel

"This will involve selecting the setting "this server requires a secure connection (ssl)" in your mail program"
I checked this box and then received another error message
are you using the PC you are having problems sending email from now or are you on another computer at the moment?

unclejohnny

Post by unclejohnny » Wed May 09, 2012 10:57 am

I am on the same computer
The problem just seemed to come out of the blue
I believe that I have not changed any settings
I am on wireless broadband and have been on it for several months

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed May 09, 2012 11:01 am

unclejohnny wrote:I am on the same computer
The problem just seemed to come out of the blue
I believe that I have not changed any settings
I am on wireless broadband and have been on it for several months
ok I figured you were on a wireless service going by your IP address, are you using the Optus SMTP server settings in your email, what have you got in the SMTP field in your email setup currently?

edit, actually just noticed in your earlier post the error message is the Exetel SMTP, this won't work, you need to use the Optus SMTP settings and mail will work

unclejohnny

Post by unclejohnny » Wed May 09, 2012 11:09 am

pop3.nsw.exemail.com.au
mail.optusnet.com.au
which are the original settings given to me when the wireless was set up
When I do a "Test Account Settings"
The five tasks all get a green tick, including .... "send test email message" ... which then sends me this email ... "This is an e-mail message sent automatically by Microsoft Office Outlook's Account Manager while testing the settings for your POP3 account"

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed May 09, 2012 11:11 am

you need to be using mail.optusnet.com.au as mentioned here http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... N_Settings your error message above does not show this SMTP is being used

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed May 09, 2012 11:12 am

unclejohnny wrote:pop3.nsw.exemail.com.au
mail.optusnet.com.au
which are the original settings given to me when the wireless was set up
When I do a "Test Account Settings"
The five tasks all get a green tick, including .... "send test email message" ... which then sends me this email ... "This is an e-mail message sent automatically by Microsoft Office Outlook's Account Manager while testing the settings for your POP3 account"
ok so it works then, compose a new email and try sending, any error message?

unclejohnny

Post by unclejohnny » Wed May 09, 2012 11:17 am

The "test message" has always worked since i have been testing since the problem occured
The only error messages given is when I use Express ... Outlook does not give any error message
neither send the email

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed May 09, 2012 11:20 am

unclejohnny wrote:The "test message" has always worked since i have been testing since the problem occured
The only error messages given is when I use Express ... Outlook does not give any error message
neither send the email

can you see the problem I've highlighted above?

unclejohnny

Post by unclejohnny » Wed May 09, 2012 11:42 am

As per my post:

Post by unclejohnny on Wed May 09, 2012 12:09 pm
pop3.nsw.exemail.com.au
mail.optusnet.com.au
I have seven email accounts, I have checked, double checked, and they are all
pop3.nsw.exemail.com.au
mail.optusnet.com.au

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed May 09, 2012 11:55 am

unclejohnny wrote:As per my post:

Post by unclejohnny on Wed May 09, 2012 12:09 pm
pop3.nsw.exemail.com.au
mail.optusnet.com.au
I have seven email accounts, I have checked, double checked, and they are all
pop3.nsw.exemail.com.au
mail.optusnet.com.au
yet your error message says otherwise, perhaps you need to delete the accounts and setup from scratch as you definitely have something set wrong