Mobile activation charge

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Post Reply
woodle
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:58 am

Mobile activation charge

Post by woodle » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:10 pm

The public page says that there's no activation charge for the M & U mobile plans until 30/9/2012 but in the members area it says until 31/8/2012. Is this a typo or is it until 30/9 for existing members?

lasithah
Exetel Staff
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:42 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Mobile activation charge

Post by lasithah » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:00 am

Hi Woodle,

One of our sales colleagues will check on this and let you know :)

remosha
Exetel Staff
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:32 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Mobile activation charge

Post by remosha » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:07 am

woodle wrote:The public page says that there's no activation charge for the M & U mobile plans until 30/9/2012 but in the members area it says until 31/8/2012. Is this a typo or is it until 30/9 for existing members?
There is no activation charge for M and U plan Standard and Micro SIMs until 30th Sep 2012. If an existing customer is to order a new connection, this offer will still stand. In case you are charged the activation fee of $20, please email billing@exetel.com.au for a refund.

daveb
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:01 pm

Re: Mobile activation charge

Post by daveb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:08 pm

remosha wrote:
woodle wrote:The public page says that there's no activation charge for the M & U mobile plans until 30/9/2012 but in the members area it says until 31/8/2012. Is this a typo or is it until 30/9 for existing members?
There is no activation charge for M and U plan Standard and Micro SIMs until 30th Sep 2012. If an existing customer is to order a new connection, this offer will still stand. In case you are charged the activation fee of $20, please email billing@exetel.com.au for a refund.

Can you define 'new connection for an existing customer''? There is a 'change' fee of $25 for exisitng customers to move to the m15 plan - this in spite of the activation waiver email inviting us to "upgrade your current Exetel service"

d

Venurukshi
Exetel Staff
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:59 pm
Location: Sydney-Australia

Re: Mobile activation charge

Post by Venurukshi » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:11 pm

daveb wrote:
remosha wrote:
woodle wrote:The public page says that there's no activation charge for the M & U mobile plans until 30/9/2012 but in the members area it says until 31/8/2012. Is this a typo or is it until 30/9 for existing members?
There is no activation charge for M and U plan Standard and Micro SIMs until 30th Sep 2012. If an existing customer is to order a new connection, this offer will still stand. In case you are charged the activation fee of $20, please email billing@exetel.com.au for a refund.

Can you define 'new connection for an existing customer''? There is a 'change' fee of $25 for exisitng customers to move to the m15 plan - this in spite of the activation waiver email inviting us to "upgrade your current Exetel service"

d
The activation fee waiver is applicable only when you order a new M or U plan. If you are to change the existing plan, you will be charged the relevant plan change fees listed in your member's facility.

Post Reply