VoIP Billing Change

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
James
Exetel Staff

VoIP Billing Change

Post by James » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Dear Customers,

Exetel would like to thank you for being a loyal partner, contributing to the success of our business and enabling us to deliver some of the best value, highest performance products and responsive, comprehensive pre and post-Sales service and support in the Australian Internet Service Provider (ISP) industry over many years. Delivering an outstanding set of product features, capabilities and value to you for nearly a decade, Exetel remains firmly committed to continuing to deliver these, and many more new innovative capabilities, into the future.

The reason for this email is to inform you that we are giving the required 21 days notice that your VoIP services on your account: XXXXXXXX will change to 30 second billing increments for mobile & international calls starting from the 1st February 2013. Outside of the aforementioned, the plan you are currently on remains unchanged and there will be no fees applied to your account for this change, all plans will continue to be on a month to month contract and you can cancel at any time by giving Exetel 30 days' notice.

If you are happy with the new structure, there is nothing you need to do, your service automatically be billed accordingly on 1st March 2013 for your usage in February.

The below is designed to give you a clear picture of the changes, this is based on a 1 minute and 20 second call - please note that we are making the assumption in the below that your call rate is $0.15 per minute.

1 minute and 20 second VoIP call:
Current VoIP call structure - 1 second billing
Charge: $0.20

New VoIP call structure - 30 second billing
Charge: $0.225

Please note that no plan change fees are applied for this event, if you are unhappy with this change and can't find a plan that suits your needs, please contact your account manager to discuss further or to request a cancellation.

** Requested cancellation date should be within 30 days from the date of your cancellation request.

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, please email the friendly Exetel Business Sales team at corporatesales@exetel.com.au or call on 0280301040.

Kind Regards,

Exetel Sales Team

GeoffMc

Re: VoIP Billing Change

Post by GeoffMc » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:44 pm

The below is designed to give you a clearer picture of the changes, this is based on various Australian mobile call times and various plans.

RV5:
01 seconds, before $0.01, after $0.25
15 seconds, before $0.13, after $0.25
30 seconds, before $0.25, after $0.25
31 seconds, before $0.26, after $0.50

RV15:
01 seconds, before $0.01, after $0.22
15 seconds, before $0.11, after $0.22
30 seconds, before $0.22, after $0.22
31 seconds, before $0.23, after $0.44

RV30:
01 seconds, before $0.01, after $0.20
15 seconds, before $0.13, after $0.20
30 seconds, before $0.20, after $0.20
31 seconds, before $0.21, after $0.40

I left the big 2 after they both introduced 30 second billing increments. Is this the start of Exetel looking and charging like the big 2?

What has happened to the VOIP add on bonus packs VP1 to VP6? These no longer appear in the members facilities. Have these been removed due to the above change?

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:25 pm

GeoffMc wrote:The below is designed to give you a clearer picture of the changes, this is based on various Australian mobile call times and various plans.

RV5:
01 seconds, before $0.01, after $0.25
15 seconds, before $0.13, after $0.25
30 seconds, before $0.25, after $0.25
31 seconds, before $0.26, after $0.50

RV15:
01 seconds, before $0.01, after $0.22
15 seconds, before $0.11, after $0.22
30 seconds, before $0.22, after $0.22
31 seconds, before $0.23, after $0.44

RV30:
01 seconds, before $0.01, after $0.20
15 seconds, before $0.13, after $0.20
30 seconds, before $0.20, after $0.20
31 seconds, before $0.21, after $0.40

I left the big 2 after they both introduced 30 second billing increments. Is this the start of Exetel looking and charging like the big 2?

What has happened to the VOIP add on bonus packs VP1 to VP6? These no longer appear in the members facilities. Have these been removed due to the above change?
We no longer offer the VP VoIP packs. They were discontinued a while back.

unclekenz

Post by unclekenz » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi,
re quote: "We no longer offer the VP VoIP packs. They were discontinued a while back."

My VOIP service still has in place the VOIP VP4 "Add On" Bonus Pack (50 minutes to mobiles), it shows as an extra $5/month bill item on Invoices.
This is now surplus to needs so I have sought to remove it via Member Facilities, ideally completed prior to the start of the next month billing cycle.
So searching for example at: Member Facilities/Manage Services/VOIP/Cancel VOIP Pack/.... at this point I get an error message saying "You do not have a VOIP Pack Service". Is this an error response, is the delete Bonus Pack facility NLA or am I looking in the wrong place? Or am I missing something here with this?

I'd appreciate advise how best to proceed with removal of the VP4 VOIP pack, preferably soon and prior to start of next billing cycle. Thank you.
Cheers.
Ken

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:35 pm

unclekenz wrote:Hi,
re quote: "We no longer offer the VP VoIP packs. They were discontinued a while back."

My VOIP service still has in place the VOIP VP4 "Add On" Bonus Pack (50 minutes to mobiles), it shows as an extra $5/month bill item on Invoices.
This is now surplus to needs so I have sought to remove it via Member Facilities, ideally completed prior to the start of the next month billing cycle.
So searching for example at: Member Facilities/Manage Services/VOIP/Cancel VOIP Pack/.... at this point I get an error message saying "You do not have a VOIP Pack Service". Is this an error response, is the delete Bonus Pack facility NLA or am I looking in the wrong place? Or am I missing something here with this?

I'd appreciate advise how best to proceed with removal of the VP4 VOIP pack, preferably soon and prior to start of next billing cycle. Thank you.
Cheers.
Ken
Hi Ken,

Could you please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au with your service number so that we could terminate the VoIP pack for you.