unusual excessive use

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
jimdigris

unusual excessive use

Post by jimdigris » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:58 am

For the first time ever we are going to go over our limit this month,, with still 10 days to go in the billing cycle. I am at a loss to explain this as our usuage has not changed and I am confident our wireless is secure. Is it possible for another party to connect using our exetel login and password at a diferent address whilst we are connected? As the default user name and password is based on a phone number and street address it wouldnt be hard to determine the default password if you knew the owner of the account. I can not see any feature in the member tools section to determine how many connections are present, if indeed this is possible

asankag
Exetel Staff

Re: unusual excessive use

Post by asankag » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi jimdigris,

We have looked our records and can see that only one active session is being used by your username and password combination. However looking through your daily usage information, we don't see any unusual patterns of high usage but between 01/01 and 04/01 the usage is slightly higher than normal.
---
Regards,
Asanka | L2 - VoIP Engineer

jimdigris

Post by jimdigris » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:18 am

Thanks for the reply

Can you explain why the table in the useage section does not agree with the chart? the table says we have used over 200g in peak and 118.4 in offpeak yet the graph shows much lower?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:39 am

I can't help with the display of the web page, but there is another published meter which doesn't depend on HTML web encoding for further comparison.

Download https://www.exetel.com.au/members/usage ... R,PASSWORD (substitute your 10 digit number and password). It's an XML text file, so doesn't display well in a browser, but is readable in any editor.

This file provides the data for the several usage meters in use.

Fahim S
Exetel Staff

Post by Fahim S » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:43 am

Hi ,

The usage table shows the usage as per the billing cycle(i.e 28th/12/2012 to 21/01/2013), but whereas the graph shows the usage on for the month of January(i.e from 01/01/2013 to 21/01/2013).

Cheers,
Fahim.

jimdigris

Post by jimdigris » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks

One final question, I am subscribed to useage warnings but have not received any, why not?

asankag
Exetel Staff

Post by asankag » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:31 am

Hi,

We looked at your account details and saw that you have not subscribed to usage alerts. To subscribe, login to your members area and navigate My Details -> Information from Exetel and fill in the form and make sure you put a tick on ADSL/Wireless Usage.

Please see attached images.
Capture2.PNG
Current Subscriptions
Capture2.PNG (12.61 KiB) Viewed 2522 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (49.95 KiB) Viewed 2522 times
---
Regards,
Asanka | L2 - VoIP Engineer