Offpeak times in CP

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
patara

Offpeak times in CP

Post by patara » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Hi, I've noticed recently that in my CP there is no mention of OffPeak Times. Before it was listed with the hours as well as showing when I was in OffPeak or Peak via the useage bars.
Now there is nothing, no mention of OffPeak hours anywhere. I seem to be in Peak all the time. I've been on this plan for a few years and have never received notification that changes were made to my OffPeak Hours.
If I recall correctly they were 4am to 4pm last time I checked.
My Plan is TCV20-REGION-50 ( with Telephone).
When I look in Change Plans, where the only options I have is Telstra, similar to what I have now, the OffPeak is listed as 1 am to 9am but as mentioned above my CP is not even showing that so I have no clue if I'm ever in OffPeak or not.
Hope you can help me please.....Pat

Venurukshi
Exetel Staff

Re: Offpeak times in CP

Post by Venurukshi » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:22 pm

patara wrote:Hi, I've noticed recently that in my CP there is no mention of OffPeak Times. Before it was listed with the hours as well as showing when I was in OffPeak or Peak via the useage bars.
Now there is nothing, no mention of OffPeak hours anywhere. I seem to be in Peak all the time. I've been on this plan for a few years and have never received notification that changes were made to my OffPeak Hours.
If I recall correctly they were 4am to 4pm last time I checked.
My Plan is TCV20-REGION-50 ( with Telephone).
When I look in Change Plans, where the only options I have is Telstra, similar to what I have now, the OffPeak is listed as 1 am to 9am but as mentioned above my CP is not even showing that so I have no clue if I'm ever in OffPeak or not.
Hope you can help me please.....Pat
Hi Patricia,

The current plan that you are on is TCV20-REGION-50 which gives you 50Gb anytime during the month. There is no peak and off-peak time limitation. However,If you change over to one of the new plans this would change to peak (9.00am-1.00am) off-peak (1.00am-9.00am).

Regards
Venu

patara

Post by patara » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:12 pm

Thanks for the reply Venurukshi.

Why wasn't I notified that OffPeak Downloads had been removed from my account plan?
I have always had OffPeak Usage on any of the plans I've been on. Yes, it changed from time to time but it was always there. It was on my present plan in 2012.
I do understand that Offpeak is an added bonus from Exetel and I have always appreciated it being there but not informing me so I wouldn't go over and be charged excess fees doesn't seem the correct thing to do.
The only change notifications I have received in the last 12 months were Change of Billing Dates for Mobile in September, reduction of the Pioneer Discount in November and changing of my Long Distance Supplier in January.
I began to wonder at the end of January when I received a ADSL Usage Notification when I knew I should have had ample usage left.

I would love to change plans but there are no options but the same type of Telstra Plan that I'm on. To change will cost me $20 for change of contract, and to select the same plan level I'm on of 50GB is $8 dearer then what I'm paying at present. Also my phone line will cost me $5 more per month so that will be an extra $13 a month I would have to find. I can't afford that as only have a Disability Pension.
I've been wanting to change my Mobile Plan to a more up to date one as well, one that included Calls to 13, 1300 & 1800 numbers, which mine doesn't, but to do that Incurs a change of contract fee of $25 so that isn't a viable option either.

I'll have to stay with the plans I'm on and try and be more mindful of my total daily usage in future. I've been using the ABC iView to watch ABC TV as I do not get a watchable reception where I live and I may have to cut back on what I watch in that area so I don't go over.

I'm very disappointed that I wasn't alerted to the removal of OffPeak Hours with a simple courtesy email.
Until now I'd always found changes and alerts to plans seemed to be covered well.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:35 pm

The TCV plans never had off peak.

I'm sure if you email piyumik@exetel.com.au and quote this thread that she would waive your plan change fee.

patara

Post by patara » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:13 am

Thanks for your reply James.
I believed I had Off Peak Downloading as Peak Time and Off Peak Time was listed in my contract letter from Venurukshi on 1/06/11 @ 4:36 pm.
I also had detailed notes of my phone conversation with her in regards the plan change but I cannot find those.
Her email states Peak time for my new contract was 4 pm to 4am. i.e. the 50 GB allowance was to cover those 12 hours only. Not 24 hours per day.

It states
This is to confirm you would like to upgrade to the TCV20-REGION-50 plan
The details of the upgrade are as follows:
New contract term: 12 months
Monthly rental: $49.50
Peak time (4:00 pm to 4:00 am): 50GB
Off peak time (4:00 am to 4:00 pm): 0GB
Excess usage: $1.00 per GB

I've operated under the believe since the day the contract started that any downloads between 4:00 am and 4:00 pm were not counted as part of the Peak Time calculations. I feel sure I've seen that reflected in my CP but I can't find any screenshots so can't be positive.

I've kept all my Exetel emails and I don't have any since the Contract started that changes my Peak Times from what is stated above.

In regards the plan change waiver, are you referring to the Mobile Plan? That would be great if possible and I would really appreciate it. I try not to make any phone calls on the Phone Line to keep my costs down to $0 but have had to resort to using it for the 13, 1300 & 1800 numbers as found my Mobile Plan doesn't cover them.
I can't afford to Change my ADSL Plan if the waiver was for that.

Thanks for taking the time to reply....Pat

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Please send Piyumik@exetel.com.au an email about the mobile phone, and she will waive the mobile plan change fee.

please also send her the emails about the ADSL usage, and she'll investigate it.

patara

Post by patara » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:02 pm

Thanks James. It's appreciated. I will attend to it tomorrow.....Pat

patara

Post by patara » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:46 pm

James, just wanted to send appreciation and let you know that support was able to help me with my ADSL2 and mobile plans.
Piyumi explained to me about the Off Peak hours in regards the old plan and I understand that now .
As usual I received excellent support and help from the Exetel staff. Have to say I've never come across the same quality elsewhere in regards support so kudos to Exetel for that.