How to block an specific serder.

Email setup and troubleshooting
megb6806

How to block an specific serder.

Post by megb6806 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Hi, Can someone help me please. I have been trying to block a sender from my account at Exetel's webmail. I want to block it at SquirrelMail so I wont get their emails into my Outlook, I found a plug in for SquirrelMail but I cant work it out how to install it....

thanks for your help

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: How to block an specific serder.

Post by stevecJ » Fri May 03, 2013 11:07 pm

megb6806 wrote:Hi, Can someone help me please. I have been trying to block a sender from my account at Exetel's webmail. I want to block it at SquirrelMail so I wont get their emails into my Outlook, I found a plug in for SquirrelMail but I cant work it out how to install it....

thanks for your help
Hi,

I'm not much familiar with this plugin so I will check this with our sys admins and let you know :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sat May 04, 2013 7:10 am

It's not clear what you wish to achieve. Squirrelmail runs on an Exetel computer as a server-side script, not on yours, and can only be installed or configured at that end. It has a browser interface for remotely sending and retrieving messages, and it is possible to set this up to isolate some incoming messages into a specific folder structure. See the filter browser option. It won't reject them.

Do you wish to block someone who is sending on your account, or someone who is sending you unwanted messages? For the first you can change the password; for the latter case, your email client spam filter can take care of it with a suitable rule. If the messages are of a criminal nature it would be a good idea to write to Exetel.

[edit] I think you are referring to the Block Sender tarball. This modifies Squirrelmail itself, and would need to be installed by Exetel.

megb6806

Post by megb6806 » Sat May 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi and thanks for your replies.
I want to block someone who sends me emails every now and then, its nothing criminal in nature, it is just a blog from a TV station which I registered long time ago and have asked them so many times to unregister my email address from their database but they simply ignore my messages or simply don't see them. The weird thing thing is you can easily register with them but somehow there is no link to unsubscribe, so I have decided to block this particular email address. I want to stop messages at the exetel server level so they wont reach my mobile phone and outlook.

I have changed some of the message filtering OPTIONS as follows:

Options - Message Filtering

What to Scan:
[New] - [Done]

Match: FROM
Contains: Here, Should add the email address WITH or WITHOUT ("")???? like this "xxxx@xxxx.com" OR just xxxx@xxxx.com :?:
Move to: TRASH

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Sat May 04, 2013 5:11 pm

I will request Steve to check further on this when he check on Monday with the sys admins and update you.

megb6806

Post by megb6806 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:24 pm

ok thanks

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon May 06, 2013 8:59 am

It woudl be easier just to create a rule in outlook.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 pm

megb6806 wrote:Hi, Can someone help me please. I have been trying to block a sender from my account at Exetel's webmail. I want to block it at SquirrelMail so I wont get their emails into my Outlook, I found a plug in for SquirrelMail but I cant work it out how to install it....

thanks for your help
Hi,

I've checked with our sys admins and it appears that additional plugins cannot be installed for the Exetel web mail and only the standard set is available there.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================