New plans for old

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
TheJMan

New plans for old

Post by TheJMan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi, I'm wanting to go from 200GB to 500GB, but I see there are new plans about - only available to new customers right now

I'm "out of contract" for the 200GB, so I'm wanting to know if I switch to 500GB, will I be under a new contract, therefore making a switch to the newer, better, unlimited plans more expensive (assuming us existing customer plebs ever get the offer)?

also, when will we get a taste of the new plans?

remosha
Exetel Staff

Re: New plans for old

Post by remosha » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:32 pm

TheJMan wrote:Hi, I'm wanting to go from 200GB to 500GB, but I see there are new plans about - only available to new customers right now

I'm "out of contract" for the 200GB, so I'm wanting to know if I switch to 500GB, will I be under a new contract, therefore making a switch to the newer, better, unlimited plans more expensive (assuming us existing customer plebs ever get the offer)?

The new plans listed on the Exetel website are for new customers only as this is what we have negotiated with our wholesale supplier. As you can imagine we are very keen on getting such offers to our existing customers, however there are a number details relating to these plans that are complicating matters and so we’re asking for your patience a little longer.

TheJMan

Post by TheJMan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:53 pm

remosha wrote:
TheJMan wrote:Hi, I'm wanting to go from 200GB to 500GB, but I see there are new plans about - only available to new customers right now

The new plans listed on the Exetel website are for new customers only as this is what we have negotiated with our wholesale supplier. As you can imagine we are very keen on getting such offers to our existing customers, however there are a number details relating to these plans that are complicating matters and so we’re asking for your patience a little longer.
thank you for the hard half of the answer

would it be possible to also get the easy part answered?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:36 pm

TheJMan wrote: would it be possible to also get the easy part answered?
Sales department have been informed about this. They will get in touch with you by tomorrow.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:40 pm

TheJMan wrote:
remosha wrote:

thank you for the hard half of the answer

would it be possible to also get the easy part answered?
The contract term to move to a new plan is something that we can not confirm right now as it all depends on our wholesaler.

TheJMan

Post by TheJMan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:53 pm

remosha wrote:
The contract term to move to a new plan is something that we can not confirm right now as it all depends on our wholesaler.
you have completely misunderstood my question

I am on a 200GB plan

I am no longer on a contract

I want to move to the currently available 500GB plan

would moving to the current 500GB plan mean I would be subject to a contract?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Yes, you would have a new contract.

TheJMan

Post by TheJMan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:06 pm

James wrote:Yes, you would have a new contract.
Thank you

FINALLY!

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:27 pm

TheJMan wrote:
Thank you

FINALLY!
This information is avaialble in your members area.

TheJMan

Post by TheJMan » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:04 pm

James wrote:
TheJMan wrote:
Thank you

FINALLY!
This information is avaialble in your members area.

WHERE?

It's certainly NOT spelled out clearly here that a change incurs a NEW contract: https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php
In fact, Total Minimum Cost for ADSL1/2+ over a 1 Month Contract Term = (Monthly Access Charge x 1 Month) + Plan Change Fee. suggests something other than a 12 month contrct

I tried clicking Critical Information Summary: Offer Summary but got error 404 https://www.exetel.com.au/members/files ... ervice.pdf

That's why I asked the question here - to get a HUMAN response

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:19 pm

TheJMan wrote:WHERE?
I think every user's member facilities will show different options for the plan change depending on the infrastructure your service is on (Telstra, AAPT, Optus). Mine shows an explicit column for "Contract Length" for the available plans.

Perhaps try the residential sales phone number on (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141. Currently (and most of the time) it is showing no wait time and you can speak directly to an Exetel rep. I've rung them a few times regarding new service moves and they are very helpful and knowledgeable as they will access your actual account and determine the plan change options available to you.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

TheJMan

Post by TheJMan » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:42 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
TheJMan wrote:WHERE?
I think every user's member facilities will show different options for the plan change depending on the infrastructure your service is on (Telstra, AAPT, Optus). Mine shows an explicit column for "Contract Length" for the available plans.

Perhaps try the residential sales phone number on (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141. Currently (and most of the time) it is showing no wait time and you can speak directly to an Exetel rep. I've rung them a few times regarding new service moves and they are very helpful and knowledgeable as they will access your actual account and determine the plan change options available to you.

Or I can ask a question here and get the correct answer

that's what the forum is fore, right?

I don't understand why people are making a fuss over this

I asked a question and got an answer and although I'm not happy with the answer per se, I am satisfied I got an answer which is why I posted here

Why are people trying to correct me?