New ADSL2+ plans for existing customers

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
AussieTimmeh

Re: New ADSL2+ plans for existing customers

Post by AussieTimmeh » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:41 pm

Dazzled wrote:In another section of the forum, Remosha posted:
The new plans listed on the Exetel website are for new customers only as this is what we have negotiated with our wholesale supplier. As you can imagine we are very keen on getting such offers to our existing customers, however there are a number details relating to these plans that are complicating matters and so we’re asking for your patience a little longer.
viewtopic.php?f=303&t=40689
That is very frustrating. I hope they sort it out in the short term because I have no complaints with Exetel other than they cannot provide a competitive plan for my needs currently, but if I was a customer elsewhere, they could.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:53 pm

peteru wrote:
surinf wrote:
peteru wrote:My current plan is ADSL2-50 - that's 50GB for $47.50 + $20 line rental.
http://www.exetel.com.au/broadband.php advertises 100GB for $29.99 + $20 line rental.

Why am I paying $17.51/month more for less data and do not have the option to change my plan, even though I am out of the contract period?

It's been like that for months. :-(
I have forwarded this query to our sales team.

They will get in touch with you,

Cheers.
It's been over a week and I have not heard anything from the sales team.
The plans will be released when they are released.

peteru

Post by peteru » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:42 am

James wrote:The plans will be released when they are released.
Fair enough. I've been with Exetel for many years and wasn't going to leave just because of a dollar or three over the course of a month. However, the TPG unlimited plans look too good to stay here at around $75-80/month for 50GB when I can get unlimited data and unlimited calls to landlines for just $70/month . I'm paid up with Exetel until the end of December, so I guess I'll churn sometime before then. As a result, my setup will also become simpler, because I can eliminate VoIP on the TPG plan.

I would like to say thanks. I've been sufficiently happy with Exetel service over the years - the only reason to not stay with Exetel is the current pricing.

peteru

Post by peteru » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:23 am

I just cancelled my service. Coincidentally, I've been with Exetel from 2007-12-17 to 2013-12-17. Exactly 6 years, to the day.

Thanks.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:46 am

Sorry to lose you as a customer, but all the best, however please note that TPGs phone service is VoIP.

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:02 am

My contract is up now, looking forward to changing to a new plan as soon as I can. Hopefully the wait isn't too long.

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:55 am

Waughy wrote:My contract is up now, looking forward to changing to a new plan as soon as I can. Hopefully the wait isn't too long.
You can change to the existing plans on the Member’s “ Change Plan” page and then when the new plans are available you can upgrade to them later on. As for the new plans they will be made available to existing customers in a couple of months. Just working on the back end process and when that is ready the new plans will be available to existing customers on their Members Facilities.

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:33 pm

If I change now it will cost me $20 to change the plan, which also puts me on a new 12 month contract. That will mean that if I try to change when the current new plans are made available to existing customers I will be up for the $100 early exit fee as well as another $20 for a plan change. And "a couple of months" has been thrown around for a bit longer than that already so it's not that reassuring that we will see the new plans any time soon.
Thanks but I'll wait. I'm happy with Exetel (have been for 8 years) so not looking to leave, the wait is frustrating though. Would be nice for members off contract to be offered the switch.
I'm currently paying $77 for 500Gb, I want to switch to $39 for 100Gb as that will be sufficient now. The extra $38/mth I could be saving is a fair amount at this point in time.

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Waughy wrote:If I change now it will cost me $20 to change the plan, which also puts me on a new 12 month contract. That will mean that if I try to change when the current new plans are made available to existing customers I will be up for the $100 early exit fee as well as another $20 for a plan change. And "a couple of months" has been thrown around for a bit longer than that already so it's not that reassuring that we will see the new plans any time soon.
Thanks but I'll wait. I'm happy with Exetel (have been for 8 years) so not looking to leave, the wait is frustrating though. Would be nice for members off contract to be offered the switch.
I'm currently paying $77 for 500Gb, I want to switch to $39 for 100Gb as that will be sufficient now. The extra $38/mth I could be saving is a fair amount at this point in time.
Kindly note that regardless whether you are within contract or not when a plan change is requested you will not be charged early termination fee of $100. With the new plans you will have the option to pay the plan change fee or to take up a new 12 contract.

The new plans listed on the Exetel website are for new customers only as this is what we have negotiated with our wholesale supplier. As you can imagine we are very keen on getting such offers to our existing customers, however there are a number details relating to these plans that are complicating matters and so we’re asking for your patience a little longer.

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:36 pm

I'll wait for now as none of the other plans currently available to me are worth the $20 to switch as far as I'm concerned.

jintao

Post by jintao » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:49 pm

[quote="Waughy"]I'm currently paying $77 for 500Gb, I want to switch to $39 for 100Gb as that will be sufficient now. The extra $38/mth I could be saving is a fair amount at this point in time.[/quote]

You do know that $39 plan will add $20 line charge, so the difference is not that great as you thought. But still it saved quite a lot.

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 pm

You do know you can opt to not have the line included? Our home phone is with Telstra already, and in my fiancees name, so no need to stuff around with it.

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:40 pm

Any updates on this? I'm out of contract now and looking at what else is available, but I don't really want to leave Exetel. It's pointless changing plans with what is currently available to me as there's no value.

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:49 pm

The new plans are yet to be introduced for new customers. Please do bear with us.

Tiop

Post by Tiop » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:44 pm

i just wrote a big reply to this and this forum is so buggy lost all the text and asked me to log in again,

so ill summarise, after a few years im really wearing thin with exetel, speed issues 1.3mb down to 0.8, price rise paying $57.50 for 50/50gb + $25 for line rental, being strung along for a few months.