New ADSL2+ plans for existing customers

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: New ADSL2+ plans for existing customers

Post by angelos » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:26 pm

after a few years im really wearing thin with exetel, speed issues 1.3mb down to 0.8
I have forwarded an email to your nominated email address with regards to this. The reference number for this case is 7543906.

Please reply to the email if you wish for this speed issue to be investigated further.

Perfectplay

Post by Perfectplay » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:05 am

So it appears it has nearly been 5 months since this was 1st posted and still no budging from Exetel. I am now off contract and still as an existing customer unable to change to a plan twice as good as the one I am on and off contract for. Is disconnecting and rejoining not an option?

"Valued" CUSTOMER OPTIONS:

Plans Cost Of Plan Change Monthly ADSL2+ Access Charge Included Peak Downloads
9am-1am **
ADSL2-20 $20.00 $40.00 20 GB **
ADSL2-50 $20.00 $47.50 50 GB **
ADSL2-200 $20.00 $57.50 200 GB **
ADSL2-500 $20.00 $67.50 500 GB **

New customer options:

100 GB $19.99per mth
500 GB $29.99per mth

Pretty damn piss poor if you ask me.

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:38 pm

As of now, new plans are not available for existing customers. You can only change on to a plan that is available through your members portal.

You do have the option of disconnecting and rejoining on a new plan. However, relevant activation charges will apply, there will be a downtime and this option involves certain risks - i.e. At the time of reconnecting if the exchange does not have free ADSL ports, we will be unable to provision the service.

Perfectplay

Post by Perfectplay » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:13 pm

W
Bellag wrote:As of now, new plans are not available for existing customers. You can only change on to a plan that is available through your members portal.

You do have the option of disconnecting and rejoining on a new plan. However, relevant activation charges will apply, there will be a downtime and this option involves certain risks - i.e. At the time of reconnecting if the exchange does not have free ADSL ports, we will be unable to provision the service.
W

We realise what you are doing. We want to know why. And why it takes upwards of 5 months while you continue to advise that "As of now, new plans are not available for existing customers". You have been saying this for 5 months.

peteru

Post by peteru » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:23 pm

For me the solution was simple. I churned to another ISP, where I pay less for a lot more. The churn also resulted in an unexpected bonus. With Exetel, my typical ADSL2+ uptime was in the 5-10 day range. With TPG, my connection has been up and fault free since 30 Dec 2013, so it's truly "always on" and truly unlimited.

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:59 pm

Any further news on the plans for existing customers?

That day James said would be a solid bet over in the Whirlpool discussion thread has arrived :)

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Waughy wrote:Any further news on the plans for existing customers?

That day James said would be a solid bet over in the Whirlpool discussion thread has arrived :)
It still is a solid bet.....

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:33 am

Deleted.

CapnKernel

Post by CapnKernel » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:38 pm

Hello. Mostly happy Exetel customer since Jan 2006.

Exetel has been slipping in value over the last few years (for example, the introduction of the $5pm VoIP service charge) and 10Gb/m is no longer enough for my family.

The plans Exetel is offering to new customers would satisfy me just fine, but as we all know, they're not offered to existing, loyal customers. This thread started in October of last year, and a staffer (remosha) said, "New ADSL plans should be available in the Exetel Members Facilities within a couple of months". Well, it's a couple of months. Even as recently as two weeks ago, a staffer told me by phone "new plans should be available soon".

I'm sorry, I'm sick of waiting. If plans of substantially better value are not available by April 14, I'll be porting out. It goes without saying that I'll also be ceasing the monthly wildlife protection payments I've been making for years.

The place is just not the same without John's vision and humanity.

http://johnl.blogs.exetel.com.au/index. ... tml#c11196

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:10 pm

There's a healthy discussion on this over in the whirlpool forums where quite a few of us existing customers are eagerly waiting to change to one of the new plans. It was said yesterday that a phone call by one member to Exetel resulted in them being told the plans would be available tomorrow (28th). see what happens by close of business tomorrow.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:42 pm

Waughy wrote:There's a healthy discussion on this over in the whirlpool forums where quite a few of us existing customers are eagerly waiting to change to one of the new plans. It was said yesterday that a phone call by one member to Exetel resulted in them being told the plans would be available tomorrow (28th). see what happens by close of business tomorrow.
Last edited by James on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:41 pm

That's a bit of a let down. That's all I have to say on that. I can change plan now to a cheaper one for $20, but on the new plans I'll have to pay $60? Plus the landline is not in my name so that has to be sorted out too.

I should have quoted the above post now it's been deleted........
Last edited by Waughy on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

LindaB

Post by LindaB » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:13 am

Confused
1. Waughy's last comment "on the new plans I'll have to pay $60? "
2. James said "Bundling a landline is also compulsory for these plans for existing users."

Are the same plans & conditions going to be available to yr existing customers that are already available to new customers or is there a whole new pricing system & conditions for us.

Waughy

Post by Waughy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:34 am

Same plan pricing, but the way I read it, if the new plan you are picking costs less per month than what you pay now then it's $60 to switch. If you're spending more it's free. Bundling the phone is compulsory, which I'm not keen on, so not sure what to do now.

kyteflyer

Post by kyteflyer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:21 am

LindaB wrote:Confused
1. Waughy's last comment "on the new plans I'll have to pay $60? "
2. James said "Bundling a landline is also compulsory for these plans for existing users."

Are the same plans & conditions going to be available to yr existing customers that are already available to new customers or is there a whole new pricing system & conditions for us.
Looks like the latter. Talk about getting royally screwed. Give with one hand and take away with the other. I'm one who has never bundled and I don't plan to start now. Guess I'll be staying on my more expensive, lesser value, plan until I can make a sensible decision about what to do. I just don't like bundling. Its fine, I gather, when things are OK, but what happens when the phone line goes down. Telstra still has to come out and fix, but theres a middle man now (exetel) which will delay any fixes. Not happy.
Waughy wrote:Bundling the phone is compulsory, which I'm not keen on, so not sure what to do now.
bingo