PS3 says "The router in use may not support IP fragments.

Wired and wireless home networking
Frankyg

PS3 says "The router in use may not support IP fragments.

Post by Frankyg » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi,

As the title says. Router is TP-LINK TD-W8980.
I've tried connecting using cable getting same message. I've read about changing the MTU value in the router and PS3 but wanted to check with Exetel if there was a specific MTU value that has to be selected? My Router setup indicated that 1480 is the default, do not change unless necessary. Can I mess with the MTU value?

Other thing, maybe related... I use PS3MediaServer on a networked PC. Using the PS3 on wireless it cannot see the mediaserver, using cable it does. Pretty sure it's a router issue but if anyone here has any wisdom to share....?

Many thanks,
FrankyG

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: PS3 says "The router in use may not support IP fragments

Post by KavindaS » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Frankyg wrote:Hi,

As the title says. Router is TP-LINK TD-W8980.
I've tried connecting using cable getting same message. I've read about changing the MTU value in the router and PS3 but wanted to check with Exetel if there was a specific MTU value that has to be selected? My Router setup indicated that 1480 is the default, do not change unless necessary. Can I mess with the MTU value?
Usually we recommend to leave the MTU value as the default unless you need to change for troubleshooting. However you may change the value and see if that helps to resolve any issue.
Frankyg wrote: Other thing, maybe related... I use PS3MediaServer on a networked PC. Using the PS3 on wireless it cannot see the mediaserver, using cable it does. Pretty sure it's a router issue but if anyone here has any wisdom to share....?
I cannot confirm anything with regards to this. However if you think it is the router, better give a quick call to TP link and get their help :)

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:13 pm

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/ ... #U40770497

Many online complaints right up to today and it looks like a Sony problem. It's hard to find a PS3 user though who is tech enough to diagnose what's up.

Frankyg

Post by Frankyg » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:12 pm

Hmmm...I did notice that there were loads of posts about this issue, for some changing the MTU value did work, but not for me. I've had to use ICS on my mediaserver PC connected to the PS3 with homeplugs to get it working. Not ideal as I can only use media on that PC, but at least that's 90% of my media.