You want twice for less?

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: You want twice for less?

Post by Dazzled » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:27 am

I don't think that people with the low minimum charge plans are interested in data at all, let alone 4G. On these plans we only want a phone, at a time when public phones have nearly vanished.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:41 am

Dazzled wrote:I don't think that people with the low minimum charge plans are interested in data at all, let alone 4G. On these plans we only want a phone, at a time when public phones have nearly vanished.
I am. At least, I just want 3G, not 4G.

My thinking is that with instant messaging (and extending into apps like Viber, etc), you get much better value for money putting you communication through data than you do putting it through SMS and voice. That, plus having a low cost mobile plan with at least 500MB of data allowance allows you to just browse casually on your phone while on the train, etc without worrying about bill shock.

I'm currently looking at low usage PAYG plans that gets me a voice SIM card only for no minimum spend ($5 of call credit topped up per month should cover my voice usage). Add on a 3G data pack on top of that: something like a 10GB data pack that lasts 365 days gives a plan that is only $8.25 per month for data + $5 per month for extremely low usage voice, which seems like good value.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

bruceee

Post by bruceee » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:11 am

Sounds more like price fixing to me :evil:

rigs

Post by rigs » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:39 am

My wife was on the Z8 plan and was advised like the rest of you that the plan will end and the next best plan was the 'basic" at $15pm.
Plan Type: Z8
Monthly Access Charge: $8.00
Call & SMS Included Value: $165.00
Exetel to Exetel Included Call Value: $148.00
Included Data: 200MB

That plan is perfect for low end users. Now its gone. I'd think most users of this plan will leave Exetel.
Looking at what Exetel are offering, its not as competitive as other Providers.
"Pay as you Go" plus 10Gb data pack for 365 days sounds good, or just that telcos Flexi plan for $20pm, has better call values than Exetel.

A pity.

roby

Post by roby » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:29 pm

how much notice has to be given?

BraM

Post by BraM » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:58 pm

I need some clarification.

I received the notification e-mail for my wife's M15 plan. I have not received any such notification in regards to my M8 plan.

Am I to assume that my plan will be untouched?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:00 pm

BraM

Also, click on the "Account" tab, then the "Messages" tab and you will see all the messages that Exetel has sent you.

However, if you want definitive confirmation whether or not your M8 plan is affected, you need to contact Exetel directly - we cannot answer personal account queries on the Forum.
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

BraM

Post by BraM » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:12 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply Gidget,
make sure your email address is current.
Same e-mail since I joined in '08
see all the messages that Exetel has sent you.
Nothing there about M8 plan only M15.
we cannot answer personal account queries on the Forum.
Understood. But announcing which plans are to be superseded (or not) hardly qualifies as personal account queries (in my view anyways). Either way i'll keep an eye out. I've seen plenty of talk (grumbles really) about M15, Z15 & Z8 plans. Just nothing about M8.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi BraM

My comment about "personal account queries" relates to the fact that whether or not individual services are affected may depend on whether or not they are within contract. As volunteer admins we are not privy to this information (or, indeed, whether the M8 plans are affected by the changes just announced) which is why it is in your best interest to contact Exetel directly to learn whether your particular service is affected.
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

roby

Post by roby » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:28 pm

then again if they change a plan without being notified for a particular service then there could be a legal problem for exetel couldn't there.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:51 pm

Let's not all try to be bush lawyers here :-)

Whenever you purchase a service (from anyone) you read and understand the Ts & Cs of that service before you purchase. If you have any queries at any time about how these might be being applied in your particular case, you take that up directly with the service provider. Pretty simple really.
Log a fault ticket here
Exetel Support Portal

roby

Post by roby » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:16 pm

we are not all bush lawyers as you put it . but it does seem as if Exetel do not care about their customers any more

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:29 pm

roby wrote:we are not all bush lawyers as you put it . but it does seem as if Exetel do not care about their customers any more
Exetel always has and will care about its customers.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:18 pm

mat27777777 makes a very interesting point in the thread located at viewtopic.php?f=338&t=40962:
mat27777777 wrote:According to Exetel's own Terms & Conditions for Mobile plans, http://help.exetel.com.au/Mobile_Terms_ ... _JAN14.php, They need to give 30 days notice to cancel a non-fixed term agreement, as shown below. To the ombudsman....

Cancelling the Service

12.4 If the Agreement is a non-Fixed Term Agreement, Exetel may cancel the Service at any time by giving the Customer at least thirty (30) days' notice.
It would seem that email announcements were sent on April 3, for a change that is to take effect on 1 May. This does not technically fulfil the 30 day terms that Exetel have set out in their own Terms and Conditions and may have complicated repercussions for Exetel.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Surfn Chick

Post by Surfn Chick » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:43 pm

First of all I think this thread should be given a new name so that other Exetel customers can see and read what is going on rather than start any new threads.

Secondly I do agree that the 1 May is not fair. Exetel should have had their change of mobile plans email out last month Fairs Fair.

Thirdly, I have visited my Services and Usage page, and selected change plan and am unable to see the Full rate Table for the plan that has been suggested I change to:

being the ExeSim Basic from the Z8.

Could the engineers kindly add the the ExeSim Basic Full Rate Table to our members facility as soon as possible. Thankyou.