New ADSL2+ plans for existing customers

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
James
Exetel Staff

Re: New ADSL2+ plans for existing customers

Post by James » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:15 am

LindaB wrote:I also have a question before I make the decision to bundle my phone to get the new plans.
I currently have a silent/unlisted number with Telstra, will that stay silent in the transfer to Exetel or do I need to organise that separately?
You can still have a silent number, but i believe there is a cost.

chalkybones

Post by chalkybones » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:41 am

I just had a look at the broadband change of plan under my members facility and you are offering 100GB for $39.99 yet on your website to new customers you are offering the same plan for $19.99!!! Why is there $20.00 difference between the 2? They are the same plans.

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:55 pm

The $19.99 plan is only available for customers serviceable through the Optus Infrastructure. If your members display a plan pricing of $39.99, it means that you are connected via a Telstra regional exchange. If you would like us to investigate on this further, kindly PM us your service number.

LindaB

Post by LindaB » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:11 am

James wrote:
LindaB wrote:I also have a question before I make the decision to bundle my phone to get the new plans.
I currently have a silent/unlisted number with Telstra, will that stay silent in the transfer to Exetel or do I need to organise that separately?
You can still have a silent number, but i believe there is a cost.
Thanks James, I understand there is a cost for a silent number but my query was will my phone number remain silent as part of the transfer to Exetel or do I need to organise that separately.

Reason for my question is I do not wish it to become public at any stage for domestic security issues. :)

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:42 am

If your phone service is under the Telstra infrastructure, the silent number feature will be automatically transferred to Exetel during the change over. You will be charged a monthly fee of $3.50 in additional to the line rental. However, if the phone service is under the Optus infrastructure and your transferring the service as an Optus bundle, you will have to re-apply for the silent number feature at the time of placing the order.

LindaB

Post by LindaB » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:35 am

Bellag wrote:If your phone service is under the Telstra infrastructure, the silent number feature will be automatically transferred to Exetel during the change over. You will be charged a monthly fee of $3.50 in additional to the line rental. However, if the phone service is under the Optus infrastructure and your transferring the service as an Optus bundle, you will have to re-apply for the silent number feature at the time of placing the order.
Thanks Bellag that is what I needed to know. :)

roby

Post by roby » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:30 pm

With the new plans can you still change your ip address when you want to

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:46 pm

roby wrote:With the new plans can you still change your ip address when you want to
Yes, via members facilities.

FranzStoffel

Post by FranzStoffel » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:41 pm

In order to change the ADSL plan existing users on the Telstra network now require bundling with a phone line.
I am a heavy phone user and need a different option for the phone plan: Like $50 instead of $20 for line rental but with cheaper/included call rates.
Will additional options be offered in the future?

lasithah
Exetel Staff

Post by lasithah » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:04 pm

FranzStoffel wrote:In order to change the ADSL plan existing users on the Telstra network now require bundling with a phone line.
I am a heavy phone user and need a different option for the phone plan: Like $50 instead of $20 for line rental but with cheaper/included call rates.
Will additional options be offered in the future?
Hi FranzStoffel,

Someone from the sales team will get back to you with the information you require :)

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:48 pm

New plans look good, I could cut my monthly costs in half, but I have never had a phone with any one but Telstra, if I bundle the phone with Exetel what happens if I have line problems?
Won't Telstra still be the ones to come out and check stuff? or check their pits in the street etc? because they own the infrastructure.

harryL

Post by harryL » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:31 pm

I am using an old B30 plan.

When will business users be able to change plans using the account portal?

Now I am retired, how can I change to a residential plan (if I choose)?

H.

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:46 pm

The new SMB plans are yet to be updated on the members portal.

You can change over to a residential plan, first you will need to change your service from a business grade to a residential grade. This will incur a administrative fee of $100.

Furthermore, depending on the residential plan you select to change over to, a plan change fee may be applicable.

If you could kindly PM us your service number we will be able to advise the applicable plans and change fees.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Gosh, sounds like it would be cheaper to churn somewhere else harryl.... then return later on.

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:27 am

Tazz wrote:New plans look good, I could cut my monthly costs in half, but I have never had a phone with any one but Telstra, if I bundle the phone with Exetel what happens if I have line problems?
Won't Telstra still be the ones to come out and check stuff? or check their pits in the street etc? because they own the infrastructure.
Mmmm, no answer, oh well!

If I do change plans and my phone gets bundled, is the transfer just taken care of by Exetel'? or do I have to contact Telstra?
And, do I keep the same phone number?