ExeSim SAVER plan

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
steve sydneyside

ExeSim SAVER plan

Post by steve sydneyside » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Hullo my name is Steve, I have a question about my current “ExeSim SAVER” plan.
Service number #### ### ###
Account Id number ######
On Monday, June 16, 2014 9:41am, I received from you an email alert that stated I had used 50% of my included value.

Here is the subject line:- “Usage Notification - 50% Included Talk, SMS & MMS Value”
When I went to my user facility to check on the usage I found that the call log showed a call on Tuesday the 3rd of June made to you. Which you are charging me $28.25 for? It states that my current spend is $110.55 with only $89.45 “Remaining Value”, however if I reduce that TOTAL by the cost of the call to you the current call charges would be at $61.53. This is less than half my current usage plan agreement. I am pretty sure that service calls to my service provider cannot be charged to my account.
Can you explain please?
Steve
Keep an eye on where your going and life will have more meaning - Don't become cynical..

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: ExeSim SAVER plan

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:55 pm

steve sydneyside wrote:I am pretty sure that service calls to my service provider cannot be charged to my account.
Why not? Depending on the number you rang, they would either be charged as a regular Sydney call (02 support number), or a regular 1300 call, each of which incur charges on the ExeSim Saver plan
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

steve sydneyside

Post by steve sydneyside » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:38 am

CoreyPlover wrote:
steve sydneyside wrote:I am pretty sure that service calls to my service provider cannot be charged to my account.
Why not? Depending on the number you rang, they would either be charged as a regular Sydney call (02 support number), or a regular 1300 call, each of which incur charges on the ExeSim Saver plan
Interesting position CP

So if I was to elaborate a little,,,hypothetically -here- of course,,,Customer has a fault with a 'provided service' said customer calls the service provider and gives details of the situation, which costs the customer their time. The service provider cannot fix the issue / decides not to fix the issue because the fault is 'mysterious' and will take time to do which they do not have a cost structure for in their budget.
The customer who knows that the issue they are having is not so much a difficult set of circumstances but rather that the issue is complex one. Tries again to contact their service provider to explain their unique circumstance, but when the call is taken the call center (who do not have the time to actually listen carefully to the problem) make the customer repeat the initial complaint as if it were a new complaint thus incurring a time AND fiscal deficit to the customer. Not to mention adding strain to the relationship by making sure they (the paying customer) feel as an inadequate lessor.

The customer then contacts the industry ombudsman as the issue he is having has now cost precious time and money.

The initial complaint that the customer was quite willing to discuss has now escalated to a Legal challenge over the cost of a service call.

So a bit of a rant, but do you believe that if a service provider wants to contact their customer base they can also reverse the charges to them?
Because that is how it feels at the moment and why I am venting here on the forum…
Keep an eye on where your going and life will have more meaning - Don't become cynical..

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:51 pm

steve sydneyside wrote:So a bit of a rant, but do you believe that if a service provider wants to contact their customer base they can also reverse the charges to them?
But that hasn't happened here. Has it?

So sorry, but no: I'm afraid I can't follow your reasoning that the $28.25 charge ought to be reversed or incurred by Exetel. It was a regular call, placed by via a regular number, with charges that were known to you. I also believe that if you are lodging a service fault there are many ways to avoid this cost. For instance, the use of a landline would have reduced it to a flat 40c (or similar), the use of email would have reduced the cost to nil. I also believe that part of the customer service agreement between you and Exetel is that you have the onus to incur some of your time and effort (as do Exetel have the onus to incur their time) in rectifying the problem. It must, by very definition, be a bipartisan resolution, so long as said time and costs incurred by you are reasonable (and the term "reasonable" is deliberately vague in this context).

The issue at hand is probably a very complicated one. But it is important to recognise all party's perspectives (you, Exetel and even the Telecommunication Ombudsman) because amicable resolutions can very often be found without the threat for legal challenges. You will undoubtedly get a response from Exetel via this thread, or via your service ticket if you lodged one. If you don't, I can try to escalate this thread directly to a support engineer. I expect that you will get a contact person to deal with your case (to avoid unnecessary repetition) and/or it will be escalated to someone with more authority that just customer service (or you can ask for it to in order to avoid any "script-monkeys"). The only advice that I can give if you wish a proper resolution is to remain as objective as possible and work with Exetel, not against them. If things do not proceed then you have the recourse to request the porting away of your service and not incur any early termination charges in doing so. Depending on the nature of the fault, this may end up being the best resolution for all parties.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:15 am

steve sydneyside wrote:
CoreyPlover wrote:
Interesting position CP

So if I was to elaborate a little,,,hypothetically -here- of course,,,Customer has a fault with a 'provided service' said customer calls the service provider and gives details of the situation, which costs the customer their time. The service provider cannot fix the issue / decides not to fix the issue because the fault is 'mysterious' and will take time to do which they do not have a cost structure for in their budget.
The customer who knows that the issue they are having is not so much a difficult set of circumstances but rather that the issue is complex one. Tries again to contact their service provider to explain their unique circumstance, but when the call is taken the call center (who do not have the time to actually listen carefully to the problem) make the customer repeat the initial complaint as if it were a new complaint thus incurring a time AND fiscal deficit to the customer. Not to mention adding strain to the relationship by making sure they (the paying customer) feel as an inadequate lessor.

The customer then contacts the industry ombudsman as the issue he is having has now cost precious time and money.

The initial complaint that the customer was quite willing to discuss has now escalated to a Legal challenge over the cost of a service call.

So a bit of a rant, but do you believe that if a service provider wants to contact their customer base they can also reverse the charges to them?
Because that is how it feels at the moment and why I am venting here on the forum…
Use a landline at home/work, and call our 1300 number?

johnhennessy

Post by johnhennessy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:56 am

I'm with you Steve. Unfortunately so typical.
John Hennessy
10yr member in September