Forum double sign in

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
kyteflyer

Forum double sign in

Post by kyteflyer » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:52 pm

Is there any good reason why we need to sign in twice to the forum? Once with a username and once with our number if we actually want to post something? Seriously annoying.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: Forum double sign in

Post by KavindaS » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:30 pm

kyteflyer wrote:Is there any good reason why we need to sign in twice to the forum? Once with a username and once with our number if we actually want to post something? Seriously annoying.
It has to be in that way including the Exetel staff :)

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:40 pm

I do it too, and I'm the Admin. It was a decision made by John Linton years ago when the forum was still fairly young.

kyteflyer

Post by kyteflyer » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:16 pm

"It has to be thats way"? what kind of explanation is that? "John Linton made the decision many years ago"?

Why? What *possible* logical and sensible reason could exist for maintaining such a user-UNfriendly stance? Don't tell me thats the way its always been, because John said so. That is just a crap reason. time to put it to the board or whoever runs the show, once you log into your account, you should get access to the forum - a further registration and username, sure... but a THIRD login? Insane. Unfriendly. And achieves SFA except annoyance.

Chris T

Post by Chris T » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:42 pm

I can't remember if any reason was given for this system but my guess was to restrict posts to Exetel customers only and reduce trolls.

Imran.Hossen

Forum double sign in

Post by Imran.Hossen » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:09 am

Hi There,

Kindly note that I have forwarded your responses to our superiors to seek any possibility in making any change to the raised concern.

Regards

shoner
Exetel Staff

Post by shoner » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:25 pm

Chris T wrote: to restrict posts to Exetel customers only and reduce trolls.
Yes this is the reason.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal